New Emby Theater

wolf359

AdrianW

AdrianW, is it a plugin??

That "Plugins" panel has been renamed "Sounds" which currently has one droplist: "Sound Effects" with two options "None" and "Default Sound Effects". 

Happy2Play

Thanks. I'm sure there's a lot of people who will be happy with that.

Maybe another option could be added into that menu - Theme music: Enabled / Disabled - pretty please  :huh:

I don't have Theme songs, but has any one checked if you disable them via web client does it carry over to ET like other settings?

AdrianW

I don't have Theme songs, but has any one checked if you disable them via web client does it carry over to ET like other settings?

Can you point me at that setting - I've looked everywhere and I just can't find it.

Latchmor

Can you point me at that setting - I've looked everywhere and I just can't find it.

User Icon top right > Settings > Display Settings > Top of list  ;)

• Like 1

Mine are disabled but play in ET anyway.

• Like 1

AdrianW

User Icon top right > Settings > Display Settings > Top of list  ;)

Doh! But in my defence "Display Settings" doesn't sound like it would contain a theme music setting.   :blink:

Even with the setting set to "No", ET still plays them. But, to be fair, EMC does the same thing. But EMC does have a built in option to turn them off (although it is a single option to turn off both video backdrops AND theme music).

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

jscoys

Hi @@Luke. Concerning the use of external players do you know when we could expect the feature beeing implemented into the new Emby version? That's the only point stopping me from updating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blade005

Now perhaps an option for logo media info icons @@Luke??

I hope it remains an OPTION. I like the flat clean text based ones currently, but know that others have their preferences as well. Would be nice to keep it as an option, IMO.

Xzener

Yes, that has already been confirmed... Luke is still pondering the idea of an option. But my last post above is for a plugin, which could possibly point to a folder (just a thought) that will display the images within said folder. Luke is working on the plugin structure. I plan on creating a Media info plugin. Just wondering if it would be possible or not.

Luke has a set of logo style icons I created... Hoping those would be the "option" for the default theme I was referring to.

Edited by Xzener

eddiepropane

Hi,

Great work on everything upto now - thanks everyone :)

Wanted to post here before a new thread in case it is just my setup (windows update and nvidia driver update yday) but I am no longer able to use the new MBT

Any time I try and play something it is just freezing, when I was using madvr it would change refresh rate and freeze there so I deleted and tried a clean install with default settings and it still freezes.

It throws this error in the log:

2016-01-31 11:04:00.5529 Error InternalDirectShowPlayer: InvokeOnPlayerThread
The source filter for this file could not be loaded.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
  at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.InvokeOnPlayerThread(Action action, Boolean throwOnError)

2016-01-31 11:04:00.5529 Error InternalDirectShowPlayer: Error beginning playback
The source filter for this file could not be loaded.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
  at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.InvokeOnPlayerThread(Action action, Boolean throwOnError)
  at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.PlayTrack(String path, Int64 startPositionTicks, Boolean isVideo, BaseItemDto item, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String forcedVideoRenderer)
  at Emby.Theater.DirectShow.InternalDirectShowPlayer.Play(String path, Int64 startPositionTicks, Boolean isVideo, BaseItemDto item, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String forcedVideoRenderer)

2016-01-31 11:04:04.8737 Info App: Http POST directshowplayer/stopfade
2016-01-31 11:04:06.3859 Debug App: Exiting HttpConnection.OnReadInternal because nread=0. ConnectionId: 5b127b15d9464575baa275cb689970b7
2016-01-31 11:04:06.3859 Debug App: Exiting HttpConnection.OnReadInternal because nread=0. ConnectionId: e444cafe49004b20bc70a2f0959e98ac

With madvr enabled it crashes after the refresh rate change but does not throw the error in the log and the windows error reporting tool tries to start.

With either of these crashes I seem to have 2-3 of the electron,exe process running. 

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks, Bob.

Edit/Update: My issue is related to the newest version of the Win 10 Insider preview (14251) which breaks support for newer versions of LAV filters.

Checked and replacing the LAV folder in COMObjects does work but that may get wiped out next MBT update.

Edited by eddiepropane

ab123ga

I just installed the new Emby Theater and found something strange. When I start the app if I go to "All Movies" I get different results. Sometimes I get spinning circle...and it stays spinning until I go back. Sometimes I get non spinning but no display. Sometimes I get the expected results... posters showing movies. I've captured all 3 below. Note: On the ones where I don't get the expected results I will wait for at least 3-4 minutes before giving up. There are times also that I get no movie posters start a movie go back then ask for all movies and they show up. 

Emby theater 1.0

https://app.box.com/s/soevfeyipdbph1imnf2w

Edited by ab123ga

• 3 years later...

Mine are disabled but play in ET anyway.

This was resolved quite a while ago. Thanks.

AdrianW

This was resolved quite a while ago. Thanks.

@@Luke - do you realise you replied to an over three year old post?

• Like 2

denz

There is also post in ember that is over 3 years old that was answered something weird going on.

• 9 months later...

Theater now has the virtual scrolling feature for vertical lists:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82293-44012-virtual-scrolling/

That means the lists will no longer load your entire library contents all at once and will instead only load what you see at once. This will help make the entire app more responsive and improve navigation performance.