New Emby Theater

wolf359

AdrianW

Actually, Luke recently closed my GitHub bug report for play/pause buttons inop. Not at home so unable to test. Should be working now.

Yes, Pause and Play are now working during playback!

Although Pause only pauses - a second press is ignored, it would probably be nice if a second press restarted playback. But that's not important right now. ;)

• Like 1

With the old Emby Theater when clicking on channels under Live TV, a screen with the channel logos appeared. I am not yet using Emby Theater. I am on NextPVR. With the new ET when clicking on channels there is a black screen. Will there be support when using NextPVR?

Found the Channels

@@Luke

Is the TV guide available yet? I am only getting the black screen?

Edited by lja

Not yet but coming soon. If this is important you can use the old version for now.

There seems to be quite a bit of features that have not yet rolled up into the latest version of ET.  It would be great if these were documented somewhere.  If they are, can you please direct me to where they are posted. 

Latchmor

There seems to be quite a bit of features that have not yet rolled up into the latest version of ET.  It would be great if these were documented somewhere.  If they are, can you please direct me to where they are posted. 

This is a wee bit old now since Luke is constantly adding/tweaking but just in case you didn't see it.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29774-new-version-testing/page-1

joshstix

ff, rew, play, pause, and play-pause buttons should all be functional now

Great I'll need to test this tonight.  I sat down to use the new Emby theatre last night but after a crash part way through a show then finding I couldn't fast forward to the point it failed I gave up and went back to MB Theatre.

AdrianW

ff, rew, play, pause, and play-pause buttons should all be functional now

ET is so much easier to control from the couch now - almost ready to take EMC's place :)

Can we get the physical skip buttons working as well?

I like the 15 second skip on ff and rew, but I'd like to see a bigger amount on the skip buttons (possibly 60 seconds).

The three logical skip button pairs are skip back/fwd, ff/rew and left/right - ideally all six buttons should be able to be configured to different distances, with one pair set to chapter skips.

Or perhaps chapter skips could be relegated to the OSD - I think Luke said he'd be adding chapter images to the OSD. If that happens we could have three different distances (or maybe even six - for differing forward & backward times) set on the three pairs of skip buttons (e.g. small, medium and large distances).

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 4

jasonmcroy

ET is so much easier to control from the couch now - almost ready to take EMC's place :)

Can we get the physical skip buttons working as well?

I like the 15 second skip on ff and rew, but I'd like to see a bigger amount on the skip buttons (possibly 60 seconds).

The three logical skip button pairs are skip back/fwd, ff/rew and left/right - ideally all six buttons should be able to be configured to different distances, with one pair set to chapter skips.

Or perhaps chapter skips could be relegated to the OSD - I think Luke said he'd be adding chapter images to the OSD. If that happens we could have three different distances (or maybe even six - for differing forward & backward times) set on the three pairs of skip buttons (e.g. small, medium and large distances).

This would be great. The 15 seconds up and back is a bit low for me. We may need this configurable because I am used to using 30 seconds forward, 15 seconds back. However, I would like to even try 60 seconds fwd and 15 seconds back.

• Like 2

Logos302

None of the changes I read about here appear in ET. How do users update the program?

Just run the setup.exe from the first post and it should update your copy.  

Latchmor

From a certain version it auto updates. So running latest setup will defo get you on an auto update version.

Loving the new app.  For me, I'm hoping to see live TV/recorded TV working (no huge black borders and a guide), along with playback of UHD/4k files or at least the ability to offload them to an external player.  Excellent work though.

Edited by Kmark40
  • Like 1

benelevi
good evening,

My name is Levente from Hungary,

can anybody help me as how to set Emby Theatre to start up automaticaly with windows?

i am using the older version,

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regards,

Levente

Thanks. what do you mean preferred? they are all there, it's not one or the other.

After what you said, I just found out ImagesByName folder was not set on my settings, I dont know, maybe it resetted after some update, or I forgot to set it on the last install, anyway that is why it wasnt displaying any cast info, now it does, thanks Luke

Is anyone else having issues with audio playback?  I have tried all copmbinations in settings and only getting PCM. No decoding of program material AC3 or DTS-HD MA. This is a clean win 10 install no other codecs installed from any other program.  I am assuming the ET player has all required built in?

thx

bw

Koleckai Silvestri

Drag a shortcut into your startup folder.

To find your startup folder easily, type shell:startup in the address bar of File Explorer.

Is anyone else having issues with audio playback?  I have tried all copmbinations in settings and only getting PCM. No decoding of program material AC3 or DTS-HD MA. This is a clean win 10 install no other codecs installed from any other program.  I am assuming the ET player has all required built in?

thx

bw

What are you expecting?

Well typicaly with bitstrem the AVR sees the supported format and displays the format. When using MB server with Kodi in passthrough mode drcoding happens at the AVR. Traditionally you can only pass two channels via PCM, but LPCM (linear-PCM) allows for up to 8 channels.

Xzener

Right click the speaker icon in your tray, click playback devices. Highlight each device, and check the properties. Now click Supported Formats. Encoded Formats should list DTSHD, TrueHD, DTS, etc... If so, that specific device should be set to default.

Hope this helps.

By the way, no... DTSHD, TrueHD, DTS, all play with no issues. HD audio capable video card, Onkyo receiver.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

AdrianW

A sound effects option is up now

Thanks. I'm sure there's a lot of people who will be happy with that.

Maybe another option could be added into that menu - Theme music: Enabled / Disabled - pretty please  :huh:

• Like 2