New Emby Theater

wolf359

JohnnyM

In the server metadata editor, you can configure on a per collection-basis whether that collection should sort by year or by name. then it will apply to all apps.

All of my collections are set to sort on release date but in Theater the movies in the collection appear in title order. Am I missing something?

Johnny M

All of my collections are set to sort on release date but in Theater the movies in the collection appear in title order. Am I missing something?

Johnny M

Luke has posted a couple up that he is aware of this issue and it will get sorted at some stage

I love Media Browser and Emby ... server, android, WMC client, etc. and am proud to be a lifetime Premiere supporter. But I hope this release of Emby Theater is closer to Alpha than Beta, not because of crashes but because of feature paucity. It responds to keyboard/mouse, but not remote control. It has very limited configuration options compared to the wonderful Emby for WMC. (Indeed, I'd love to use Emby for WMC and WMC itself, but the point of new programs like ET is to replace the abandoned WMC). It has no TV Guide. I'm also looking forward to skin/theme options...

Thank you, Emby coders, for your efforts. I'm cheering you on, and support you gladly.

• Like 2

Xzener

What remote are you using. I have a Logitech Harmony setup with MCE remote. Many basic buttons have been implemented (minus a few well needed buttons). For the most part, ET is very functional with a remote on my setup.

Edited by Xzener

griffen247

The new update unfortunately has no subtitle control, and I'm back to many of the videos in my collections having terrible playback.  The 'use external player' function clearly has been removed, is this permanent?  Without I can't use this new update, I had this running perfectly before, even if I roll it back I am guessing I am not going to be able to turn off being prompted to update every time I start up.  So frustrating guys, appreciate the work done for sure, but is there not some way I can lock down my setup from more updates, when it works the way I want it, and updating breaks it again.

The new update unfortunately has no subtitle control, and I'm back to many of the videos in my collections having terrible playback.  The 'use external player' function clearly has been removed, is this permanent?  Without I can't use this new update, I had this running perfectly before, even if I roll it back I am guessing I am not going to be able to turn off being prompted to update every time I start up.  So frustrating guys, appreciate the work done for sure, but is there not some way I can lock down my setup from more updates, when it works the way I want it, and updating breaks it again.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29908-previous-version/

this version of mbt will not prompt for updates. At least its not prompting me

AdrianW

The new version does have subtitle control - click on the "cc" in the OSD during playback.

As for playback, have you tried the different renderers (under settings > Video) - they all give good playback quality for me (especially MadVR) - also check that you have the appropriate audio settings selected.

griffen247

The new version does have subtitle control - click on the "cc" in the OSD during playback.

As for playback, have you tried the different renderers (under settings > Video) - they all give good playback quality for me (especially MadVR) - also check that you have the appropriate audio settings selected.

Cheers found the "cc" option myself, which will only work with MadVr selected as Video Renderer and that is the setting causing playback issue.  Setting the Video Renderer to EVR resolves the playback issue but subtitles don't work.... So, will look into why MadVr causing playback problems now, when previous to update is was perfect.  Thanks for the heads up on subs control... again was working previously so assumed setting wouldn't have changed

soundsnake8

@@Luke : The new application is awesome! But I really really really need this feature (To be able to use an external player). Without this feature I can't use the new application

I am also waiting on this feature to be able to play and mount iso 3D's. The iso mounting in the previous Emby Theater was/is exceptional ! extremely fast. I know you all have a lot on your plate now so whenever you get to it.

Thanks

Thanks for the update to the old Emby. Although the error screen is not gone when I install the old version of Emby it will now come up with all the users in the family but when I turn off the computer (server and client on same machine) and restart it goes to a log on screen asking me for my user name and password.

When I input these it says unable to connect to remote server. 

Any news on this please I would love to be able to use the old emby again as the new one for me is unusable atm with various issues.

What do I need to put in for my password and user name I am assuming its the one for the web control? if it is it does not work  or how to i point emby so it is not looking for a remote server.

I am going to have to look at plex to run my stuff for the time being but I dont want to tbh 

Are you able to login in to the emby web interface? the old media browser theater uses the same login. you might want to try to reset your password using the web interface by logging out, then clicking forgot password.

I can log into the web interface and I have changed my password anyway. I still, when running emby after computer turn on have the screen where I have to input my user name and password. Before it went straight to my users screen with all my family users set up. 

It will still do that IF I install emby from your zip file and run it but if I turn off my computer and then back on it goes to asking me for the username password which then fails as it cant find the remote host.

I have never used my emby remotely so dont have ports open on my router or can I access Emby out of my house. Can I input a local ip address somewhere in emby so it will look for my files there?  

I can log into the web interface and I have changed my password anyway. I still, when running emby after computer turn on have the screen where I have to input my user name and password. Before it went straight to my users screen with all my family users set up. 

It will still do that IF I install emby from your zip file and run it but if I turn off my computer and then back on it goes to asking me for the username password which then fails as it cant find the remote host.

I have never used my emby remotely so dont have ports open on my router or can I access Emby out of my house. Can I input a local ip address somewhere in emby so it will look for my files there?  

Yes you can always cancel or connect to a server manually. Did you try entering your username or password?

It goes straight to the username and password screen which when i enter them says no access to remote server

If i just click sign in whithout putting anything in the user/pw boxes it says login failure value cant be null

There are no other options on the screen to do a manual login in 

It goes straight to the username and password screen which when i enter them says no access to remote server

If i just click sign in whithout putting anything in the user/pw boxes it says login failure value cant be null

There are no other options on the screen to do a manual login in 

ok let's move this to another topic.  Please see here to grab the MBT log

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/792-how-to-report-a-problem/

it uses a similar log path as the server.

Aussiedroid

Thanks Luke for the link have set that up for the kids to use but will continue with the new Emby as well.

After a bit of trial and error found I have most control with the old remote.

I dont know if you have a thread going for things to suggest but I would like to add something.

In the movie collections (James Bond as an example) could they be listed in year order rather than alphabetical as they are now

Thanks for the work all of you guys have put into this 

Along with the other suggestion, you can also set a sort title for each movie in your collection. For James Bond, I have a sort title like 'James Bond 24: Spectre' but also works with other collections or series of movies.

• Like 1

jscoys

Hi, is the new emby theatre will support ChromeCast streaming? If yes I think this version should integrate mirroring feature to be able to see on the chrome cast all screens of Emby Theatre, and not just be limited to the content streaming. In that way, it would be pleasant to just launch the app from the pc and just after be able to control the Emby Theatre app from the couch with a remote/wireless controller connected on the pc.

Edited by jscoys

i have grand plans for this app that you guys don't know about yet, but will soon. i think it will be great for tablets so yes i think chromecast will be in it's future.

• Like 3

SikSlayer

That's great to hear. The touch support isn't much to speak of *right now*, but you've made me very happy with this announcement.

jscoys

i have grand plans for this app that you guys don't know about yet, but will soon. i think it will be great for tablets so yes i think chromecast will be in it's future.

Very exciting!

What remote are you using. I have a Logitech Harmony setup with MCE remote. Many basic buttons have been implemented (minus a few well needed buttons). For the most part, ET is very functional with a remote on my setup.

Logitech Harmony.

Set as WMC remote.

ET not responsive.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

AdrianW

Logitech Harmony.

Set as WMC remote.

ET not responsive.

Navigation (direction buttons) + enter + back should all be working when in the UI - so you should be able to browse your collection and start playback.

During playback the Stop and Exit buttons work, but Pause and Play are not yet implemented as do the Pause and Play buttons.

Edited by AdrianW

Xzener

Navigation (direction buttons) + enter + back should all be working when in the UI - so you should be able to browse your collection and start playback.

During playback the Stop and Exit buttons should work, but Pause and Play are not yet implemented.

Actually, Luke recently closed my GitHub bug report for play/pause buttons inop. Not at home so unable to test. Should be working now.

Edited by Xzener