EHS Tile Design

robsch

* Modified and Updated version in post #4 *

'Ello folks.

I have been away from the HTPC scene for awhile. Got my system up and running and it was fine until about 2 weeks ago my MB decided to up and die on me. :angry:  Well, finally got everything back into the land of the living and when I went to reinstall MB, found MB3!  What an amazing new design. I started to play with the EHS and tiles, and decided to make some new custom tiles for my selections. I have been using the cover art plugin forever, and always loved the plastic case overlays. With keeping that style, I thought about making my selection tiles on the ehs match.

I would love some feedback on these. Thanks

(The images are 1200x700) which takes up the entire tile.

anime2.pnganime_tv2.png

concerts2.pngdocumentary.png

Movie2.pngtv_shows2.png

music.png

Screenshot_2013_12_13_19_38_23.png

* Thanks to fandvd over at deviantART for the original case design that i modified

Edited by robsch
  • Like 1

Looks great! I am going to use them!!

As I tweak and finish them up, I will post up the .PSDs and font used (Its call oasis, which is the original CD/DVD lettered font).

• 2 weeks later...

After using the first set, something about them bothered me. So here is rev3. More "visual" though less distracting. Anyone have an opinion on these?

I opted to make a muted background... (still working on what colors to use) and one silhouetted image that represents that topic...

anime3.png anime_tv3.png document3.png

movie3.png music3.png tv_shows3.png

Edited by robsch

I have Started on the What I think is going to be my final style. Before I start making them in bulk and putting a collection together for anyone who is interested, any thoughts on this these?

These are for my "Categories" as I have them on my MC

3dmovie3.png anime3.png anime_tv3.png

document3.png movie3.png music3.png

tv_shows3.png

These are going to be the ones I use when storing by Genre

action.png fantasy.png horror.png

scifi.png

robsch

Sorry for lack of updates, I was away for the Holiday, and then got sick as a dog. :wacko:   I am going to finish up the genre ones and get them posted up. If anyone has any requests for ones they would like to see/use/etc please let me know.

I am working on ones for

Drama

Comedy

Family

(I use the MB3 plugin to simplify my list, otherwise it gets out of hand...)

robsch

Here are the 3; I had some issues coming up with an "effect" for comedy / family. I ended up writing in the words for "Who's on First" for comedy, and family I settled on fireworks... kinda "blah" on that... will see if I come up with something better in time.... Drama I added some fire scorching so it gave it that "Burning away" look.

comedy3.png drama.png family.png

Edited by robsch