Renumbering Fanart?

Z0m8ie

Hi guys, At the moment I have all my fanart in folders named "extrafanart". What I need is to have the first fanart picture(fanart1.jpg)  renamed to just "fanart" and moved outside to the root of the directory like this:

Movies
/Megamind (2010) [1080p]
   /Megamind (2010) [1080p].mkv

/extrafanart

/fanart.jpg

Renaming is not a problem as I can just do a search for just fanart1.jpg and rename everything to "fanart". But how would I go about moving every fanart picture from extrafanart to the root directory?

well if MBS performed the downloading, then fanart.jpg in the root folder is exactly how the first one gets saved. then additional ones go into extrafanart. as far as how to change them all in some automated fashion, i'm not sure.

• 4 weeks later...
akovia

Nah, downloading was done seperate. I need  a program to do the automation(moving the file outside of the directory)...

It's been years since I've used windows, but I believe Bulk Rename Utility will get it done. It's what I used to use.

In linux you could just write a small bash script. I'm certain it could be done with a .bat script as well but I would be much help there.

Cheers