(Subdued) Remove Genre Names from Views

politby

politby

I am using the Subdued theme. I would like to be able to not show the names of the genres in the movie genre view.

52ab46406c83a_Skrmklipp.png

As you can see in the screenshot I have the localized names on the icons. In the example the box to the right shows "3D Movies" which is the actual genre from the metadata but I would prefer that line to be blank or not shown at all.

Can that be done?

politby

Good point and I have that plugin already but that isn't going to remove the genre name text from the views.

The text is already on each icon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by politby

No but you could use it to localize the genre name. Then the name in the UI would be in sync so that the theme won't have to be changed.

politby

Dang. Maybe I'll have to settle for that. Guess I could put in a feature request for having all text labels used with icons "toggle-able".

If you ever use another theme or another one of our client apps, you're just going to end up submitting the same request over and over. you might as well fix the source of the problem and look at Ebr's genre mapping plugin.

Cheesegeezer

@@politby I have to agree with Luke on this, we have to ensure the masses are looked after. Subdued is completed and will remain this way, updating as new core features of MBC become available and fixing any bugs that users may come across.

I hope you understand.

politby

No problem. I have remapped the genres and that's good enough for me.

• Like 1