[FR-ET] Different Screensaver for Music Player

gcoupe

The standard screensaver for the "Now Playing" screen for the Music player is not ideal:

1) It displays random Movie and TV background posters along with Artists. When I'm playing music, I'm not particularly interested in seeing movies or TV posters, thank you.

2) Although music artist posters make some sense as a screensaver, I'd much prefer to see the Album, track and track artist info of the "Now Playing" screen.  

Would it not be possible to make a screensaver of the "Now Playing" information? You know, like WMC or Plex Home Theater? And if you could include the "falling waterfall" of Album covers as WMC has, that would be the icing on the cake...

• Like 5

Or similar to Kodi in that it displays the music artist backdrops that is currently playing.

Two comments on this:

1) If display of artists is to be implemented, then it should use backdrops (if available) for the currently playing Track Artist (not Album Artist!)

2) I would still want to see Track, playing time/time left, Track Artist, and Album Art overlaid on the backdrop (that, to me is the important information) - and this information needs to change position regularly on the screen, since it is supposed to be a screensaver...

Edited by gcoupe

I'm really happy with what we implemented in the ATV app for this.  Perhaps something similar can be done for ET in the future.

5674dacb63cf2_musicss2.png

Note: the text isn't nearly this subdued in real life.  for some reason the screen capture really dims it down.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
kayoemby

I'm really happy with what we implemented in the ATV app for this.  Perhaps something similar can be done for ET in the future.

5674dacb63cf2_musicss2.png

Note: the text isn't nearly this subdued in real life.  for some reason the screen capture really dims it down.

Nice feature here but there is a fundamental flaw in it's execution. Though I doubt this is specific to Amazon Fire Tv since I don't have ATV (I assume this means Apple Tv). When you're playing a compilation album with "Various Artists" as album artist, all the songs are listed as Various Artists! Very frustrating. Referring to your screen capture; if Sam Smith was in a compilation album, that picture would display Various Artists!! Imagine the frustration of playing 20 songs and every single one listed with a generic name even though all their names are properly tagged in the song. Kodi, JRiver and many more implements this with no hassles. Rather than use Album Artists as the display, please implement the Artist on the currently playing song. Thank you.

gcoupe

Nice feature here but there is a fundamental flaw in it's execution. Though I doubt this is specific to Amazon Fire Tv since I don't have ATV (I assume this means Apple Tv). When you're playing a compilation album with "Various Artists" as album artist, all the songs are listed as Various Artists! Very frustrating. Referring to your screen capture; if Sam Smith was in a compilation album, that picture would display Various Artists!! Imagine the frustration of playing 20 songs and every single one listed with a generic name even though all their names are properly tagged in the song. Kodi, JRiver and many more implements this with no hassles. Rather than use Album Artists as the display, please implement the Artist on the currently playing song. Thank you.

Yup, I said this in message #3 above...

Good point and an easy fix.  Thx.

rickster53

Ebr, I also like the on-screen arrangement of the information you proposed as it doesn't obliterate the middle of the screen and the background image that is displayed, which is what happens now in Emby Theater...