Emby and kodi flags

skank
Go to solution Solved by skank,

When i use kodi without emby.. and you go into a movie information screen

You'll see flags for ex audio 2.0 or audio 5.1 , dts-hd flags and stuff

I dunno if this still works when using emby server and the kodi emby addon.

How does it work then?

I'm asking this cause, what i want to do is to be able to see if a movie has dolby atmos

Is there a way to do this and even get a visible flag for it when using emby for library in kodi

Angelblue05

It should technically work. We import the flag detected in emby, and add it to Kodi. However, the name for the dolby atmos might need a conversion for Kodi to properly detect it. If that is the case, you'll have to let me know and I can adjust it accordingly in Kodi (I'll need more info at that time).

Edited by Angelblue05

It should technically work. We import the flag detected in emby, and add it to Kodi. However, the name for the dolby atmos might need a conversion for Kodi to properly detect it. If that is the case, you'll have to let me know and I can adjust it accordingly in Kodi (I'll need more info at that time).

Problem is that it cant be detected i think cause its metadata

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Angelblue

This is how its done in normal kodi (without emby)

For those who'd like to add Atmos logos to your skin you need to use "atmos" in your file and path naming convention, then add the following code in the following places. (his depends on skin, so hopefully this will be added in those xml files for mq7

Variables.xml

Atmos logo on menu screens.

Code:
<variable name="AudioFlagVar">
<value condition="SubString(ListItem.Filenameandpath,atmos)">atmoslogo</value>
<value>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec]$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels]\</value>
</variable>

Atmos logo on Video Player OSD

Code:
<variable name="SourceAudioFlagVar">
<value condition="SubString(Player.Filename,atmos)">atmoslogo.png</value>
<value>$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</value>
</variable>

Plus in DialogFullScreenInfo.xml you must replace this line

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">$VAR[ColorFlagsAudio]audio/$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioCodec]$INFO[VideoPlayer.AudioChannels,,.png]</texture>

with this line.

Code:
<texture fallback="flags/audio/defaultsound.png">flags/audio/$VAR[sourceAudioFlagVar]</texture>

And you need to have an Atmos logo flag in your skin/medi/flags/audio folder, in this case named atmoslogo.png.

So in short, it needs to be adjusted in skin (i dunno if that is still the case when using emby) , but you also need to add for ex ".atmos" to the file, like with 3d

• Like 1

Angelblue05

So Kodi doesn't have the built in icon to display for dolby atmos? Create another Kodi profile, add the movie that has dolby atmos audio track via the regular way (do not use the add-on). Does Kodi display a special icon in the info dialog for the audioflag?