New movies- images not displaying

#mickaus

#mickaus

I've just upgraded to Ubuntu 15.10, and am running emby 3.0.5785.0

New movies I'm adding do not display the images.

I've run a Metadata refresh - which this appears to hang, with no noticeable difference after 24hours, - stuck on waiting circle.

If I view the details of the movie, then select edit and identify, and replace image, I get no result. For that same movie, I can see that the IMDB data is correct.  I can see the cast and crew images.  I can see recommendations.  Just not displaying artwork for the movie.

If I try and examine the logs, the browser page hangs as the log files are 350mg. 

I notice that the current EMBY version is 3.0.5785.8, don't know why I'm on .0 - I've stopped and restarted the service,  I've checked and installed the latest version from opensuse.org 

So I'd like some assistance in getting the artwork to display, and installing the latest version.

post-60368-0-94366100-1452499107_thumb.png

there's nothing out of the ordinary here. what actions did you perform during the time of this log? have you tried running a library scan?

#mickaus

Hi, yes  I've run a library scan multiple times.  This will pick up new items, however, there is still no image attached to the item.  Running a refresh of the metadata library overnight did nothing, just sat at the spinning wheel.  I've run a metadata refresh 3 times.

I installed an update available for me "emby server is a home media server, 10.4 mb.  Restarted server, still sitting on 3.0.5785.0 - not 3.0.5785.8, So I want to uninstall the whole thing and start over.  What's the best way to completely remove emby?

the server is trying to download images and metadata but is being denied access

Access to the path "/media/ntfsdrive/movies/The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014) [1080p]/extrafanart" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

#mickaus

OK, what would have changed to cause this?  I've successfully had images load previously, and made no changes to the NTFS share

Edited by #mickaus

I don't know. It looks like you have saving metadata in media folders enabled but the server only has read access to those locations. so you will need to grant that permission to the user account that the server is running under, for linux usually the emby user. or just disable saving in media folders

#mickaus

Well, That makes no sense, I've made zero changes to the permissions on my ntfs share since I installed emby server over 6 months ago.  Why it's now deciding to not display movie images is a conundrum.  I just want to uninstall it and start again.

Over 6 months our linux packages have changed slightly so maybe the account the server is running under is not the same as when you first installed.

You could also try running a scan disk utility against your external hard drive to check for drive errors.

thefirstofthe300

NTFS is horrible for Linux permissions since it is a Windows native filesystem and the NTFS-3g package is mostly a reverse-engineered implementation, so Luke might be right that changes in the packages have caused issues with Emby.

Do you use fstab to mount those drives?  If so, what are the mount options that you use?

Edited by thefirstofthe300

#mickaus

The permissions on the file is the same for other successfully downloaded images:

[drwxrwxr-x]  The Amazing Spider Man 2 - no images displayed in Emby

versus

[drwxrwxr-x]  Scott Pilgrim vs the World - the images are displayed

Changing the FSTAB entry above to 

UUID=010ED2F73DF55AE0 /media/ntfsdrive ntfs-3g defaults 0 0

makes root the owner of /media/ntfsdrive 

thefirstofthe300

I assume that you have checked that the uid and/or gid options you have set in the fstab correspond to the user and group running the Emby server.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk