Nextup Service Plugin not working?

jhoff80

jhoff80

I don't know if this is a Kodi thing, or an Emby thing, or even a Titan skin thing... but sometime in the past couple weeks, the Nextup service plugin stopped working.  It pops up the notification, but doesn't actually play the next episode.

Has anyone had similar issues lately, or is it just my two systems?

jhoff80

It's the beta version.  (.72, but it's been the case for older versions than that as well.  I'd estimate about 3 weeks now that it hasn't worked.)  I did try resetting my library and resyncing, but that had no effect.

Edited by jhoff80

im85288

No idea, I'm using direct paths and have not experienced any issues. The NextUp addon logic has not been changed for months so I would think it is something to do with either Kodi or the beta Emby addon.

jhoff80

doesnt work with native emby plugin setup anymore, have to  use DP.

Oh that's exactly the problem I'm running into, thanks.  Now I just have to choose between master lock support and the Nextup plugin / direct paths... ;)

im85288

@@Angelblue05 - maybe this is fixable, but now that you have old addon style browsing working, you could make an Emby-provided NextUp node..

There's no relation between an Emby Nextup Node and what this addon does. Also if you want access to the emby nextup node any of the skins that use Marcel's skinhelper can add this function (along with any other emby node) due to it's integration with the skin shortcuts script.

mgworek

I never noticed this topic until now and I totally forgot about my weirdness. When all of my problems started happening last week on my stable build, the NextUp starting working on my box. I was confused at first because I never installed or enabled anything and all of a sudden at the end of a show, it showed the next episode and started playing it. 

I have no idea if it somehow ties into it not working for other people but thought I would mention it.