Crystal v1.0.9.2 is live

leedavies

leedavies

Collections of feature requests, bug fixes and visual improvements:

• EHS shows backdrops for item on currently focused tile or collection
  • Backdrops now silky smooth (no animation jump)
  • Added optional setting for EHS Recently Added tile to include played items (default is to show played items, as currently)
  • Settings added to enable/disable ClearLOGO, ClearART and DiscART
  • Improved size/width of ClearLOGO and title on Coverflow, Thumb and Movie Details page
  • DiscART alignment in thumbstrip and coverflow fixed - disc also now scales in size with covers
  • Thumb view covers spacing improved
  • Size of ClearLOGO/titles improved
  • Movie Details page Info tab has more info.... added path, date added and last played date
  • Like 3

Really nice work Lee. Just loaded it up in my big room, gave it a quick spin and it looks great.

I'd been missing the last played info from my old MB2 setup and it was on my list to bug you about adding that .... but you beat me to it!

• Like 1

Nick's MCE

Lee

Just loaded Crystal 1.0.9.2 and am having some problems.

1. When Launching from Media Centre I get invalid application, so I had to uninstall then re-launch to default, then change to Roc.

2. I then re-installed Crystal launched through media center into Roc, then went into config and changed to Crystal Monochrome and then back to EHS only to find its not monochrome.

3. Then went back into config and changed to Ferrous, back to EHS and it was monochrome.

4. Exited and re-launched from Media Center and I got the "invalid application" again.

5. I then rolled back to 1.0.9.0 and launched and Monochrome is gone.

I have now uninstalled Crystal, I also noticed that you have included the backdrop on folder selection for the EHS. Once we get the issue resolved can this be turned off.

My other machine I have left on 1.0.9.0, problem with this is that that dirty big green update notice comes up every time I launch. Tried turning the update thingy off in the config but it still comes up.

Just a couple of other small points I noticed in Crystal

1. The buttons on the EHS for list and item could be more blingy or maybe they could go up the top with search and config tabs.

2. The trailers box in the final selection screen is a little raw and could also be more blingy. maybe the icon could pick up the logo or folder image.

Hope you can help on the above as Crystal is my Fav.

Thanks in advance

Nick

leedavies

Lee

Just loaded Crystal 1.0.9.2 and am having some problems.

1. When Launching from Media Centre I get invalid application, so I had to uninstall then re-launch to default, then change to Roc.

2. I then re-installed Crystal launched through media center into Roc, then went into config and changed to Crystal Monochrome and then back to EHS only to find its not monochrome.

3. Then went back into config and changed to Ferrous, back to EHS and it was monochrome.

4. Exited and re-launched from Media Center and I got the "invalid application" again.

5. I then rolled back to 1.0.9.0 and launched and Monochrome is gone.

I have now uninstalled Crystal, I also noticed that you have included the backdrop on folder selection for the EHS. Once we get the issue resolved can this be turned off.

My other machine I have left on 1.0.9.0, problem with this is that that dirty big green update notice comes up every time I launch. Tried turning the update thingy off in the config but it still comes up.

Just a couple of other small points I noticed in Crystal

1. The buttons on the EHS for list and item could be more blingy or maybe they could go up the top with search and config tabs.

2. The trailers box in the final selection screen is a little raw and could also be more blingy. maybe the icon could pick up the logo or folder image.

Hope you can help on the above as Crystal is my Fav.

Thanks in advance

Nick

There was a dependency on Breeze in the first build of 1.0.9.2 that went up.  It was fixed within a few minutes - you may just have had that version install and fail to run if you didn't have Breeze.  Delete Crystal and re-download - I expect it will.

Skin changes within Crystal take effect the next time you restart MBC, as the settings are currently stored in one file and once loaded, it stays in memory until you close and restart MBC.

I'll take a look at doing something more Crystal-like with the EHS buttons.  Same for the trailer icon.

mariors44

Lee, I'm having the same problem, I get the  invalid application error as well. I have uninstalled crystal from mbc, removed plug in and folder  from mbc downloaded again and installed but getting the same problem. 1.0.9.2

Hey Lee ... what do you think about something like the attached for the ehs 'view options' (pretty half-assed ... just to give an idea)?

My only issue with them currently is the highlighted option draws my attention to it a little more than I would like. Was thinking maybe have the buttons so they could looked depressed, or not, depending on which was selected. And either eliminating or just having the 'list' and 'item' text only show when you're making a selection.

52ac7703c6ac7_CrystalListToggle.jpg

leedavies

Lee, I'm having the same problem, I get the  invalid application error as well. I have uninstalled crystal from mbc, removed plug in and folder  from mbc downloaded again and installed but getting the same problem. 1.0.9.2

Could you look in your windows event viewer, expand the applications section and look in media center. Post the error message details.

Nick's MCE

There was a dependency on Breeze in the first build of 1.0.9.2 that went up.  It was fixed within a few minutes - you may just have had that version install and fail to run if you didn't have Breeze.  Delete Crystal and re-download - I expect it will.

Skin changes within Crystal take effect the next time you restart MBC, as the settings are currently stored in one file and once loaded, it stays in memory until you close and restart MBC.

I'll take a look at doing something more Crystal-like with the EHS buttons.  Same for the trailer icon.

Lee

I tried the above about 30 times in all imaginable combinations - eventually it worked on 1 machine.

I have 3 machines and the other 2 I have given up on for now, just to frustrating. Surely there must be something wrong.

I see that some-one else is having the problem.

?? can I copy some files of the good machine to the other 2 machines - would this work???

52ad28c9f1f3e_HomeNetwork.jpg

leedavies

Lee

I tried the above about 30 times in all imaginable combinations - eventually it worked on 1 machine.

I have 3 machines and the other 2 I have given up on for now, just to frustrating. Surely there must be something wrong.

I see that some-one else is having the problem.

?? can I copy some files of the good machine to the other 2 machines - would this work???

52ad28c9f1f3e_HomeNetwork.jpg

You should have something useful in your windows event viewer under applications/media center.  Post that error message and we'll know the exact cause...

Nick's MCE

You should have something useful in your windows event viewer under applications/media center.  Post that error message and we'll know the exact cause...

Lee

I think this is it

Exception System.InvalidOperationException: AnchorLayout cannot find the 'CollectionsMenu' child. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.GetReferenceRecord(Packet& packet, String id) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.ComputeEdge(Packet& packet, String stEdgeName, AnchorEdge anchor, Orientation orientation, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessLayout() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

• Like 1

Nick's MCE

Lee

I think this is it

Exception System.InvalidOperationException: AnchorLayout cannot find the 'CollectionsMenu' child. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.GetReferenceRecord(Packet& packet, String id) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.ComputeEdge(Packet& packet, String stEdgeName, AnchorEdge anchor, Orientation orientation, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.LayoutChild(Packet& packet, Record record) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.AnchorLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.DefaultLayout.Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ILayout.Layout(ILayoutParentAgent laSubject, Constraint constraint, Size& sizeUsed) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItemLayoutAgent.Layout(Constraint constraint) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessLayout() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

Lee

I copied my plugins folder to the other machine and it loaded up fine, I will do the same for the third machine. There was still some problem which needs to be checked.

mariors44

Could you look in your windows event viewer, expand the applications section and look in media center. Post the error message details.

here you go Lee

Yep same problem here but I think I have narrowed it on my system to the Startup animation option in the Crystal config menu,if it is checked it throws up the error,unchecked and MBC starts fine.

Edited by Yogi

leedavies

Yep same problem here but I think I have narrowed it on my system to the Startup animation option in the Crystal config menu,if it is checked it throws up the error,unchecked and MBC starts fine.

Fix coming shortly - sorry about that. Silly error.

leedavies

Hey Lee ... what do you think about something like the attached for the ehs 'view options' (pretty half-assed ... just to give an idea)?

My only issue with them currently is the highlighted option draws my attention to it a little more than I would like. Was thinking maybe have the buttons so they could looked depressed, or not, depending on which was selected. And either eliminating or just having the 'list' and 'item' text only show when you're making a selection.

52ac7703c6ac7_CrystalListToggle.jpg

Will sort the text only showing as a tooltip and tone the coloring down a little.

politby

Awesome theme!!

I have one possible fix request, I note that the details pane is crossing over into the backdrop image area, see below. Can this be corrected?

Thanks!

crystal.png

Secondly, a question