XMLTV as EPG Provider

lulzyatlas

lulzyatlas

Saw this mentioned a lot in the forums and no FR thread for it so voilà.

Just like the title says, this suggestion is for XMLTV support as an EPG Provider, aside from the fact its free, its simple, established, powerful, and compatible with dozens of sources (even the current SD).

Not expecting Emby to come up with any of the actual XML data, just be able to process it, as there are tons of scrapers and XML generators for users to choose from and provide free updated international EPG.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
bennymac

Can you take a few minutes and create some sample output from it? Thanks.

Wow this is cool. Here's one for the Gold Coast Queensland if that helps.

QLD.GoldCoast.xml

Chubby Arse

Thanks for the sample files. I'm developing some middleware that will allow Emby to import data from XMLTV files (which these sample conform to). I've run this file through and attached a summary file that lists the data parsed. Can you review a sample of programs against either how they look in the source XML file, or how they look in your PVR. Can you pay particular attention to:

• Episode Details
    • Episode Numbers
    • Series Numbers
    • Part 1 of n numbers
  • Start and end dates (I have some concerns around local / vs UTC times)

The middleware doesn't yet parse any ratings fields.

Surely standard xmltv integration would be better than just the freeepg thing? Looking at this from a UK user perspective I could use EPG collector to grab the freeway guide and export as xmltv....

DrWatson

Surely standard xmltv integration would be better than just the freeepg thing? Looking at this from a UK user perspective I could use EPG collector to grab the freeway guide and export as xmltv....

These are standard xmltv files so if they are parsed then any xmltv source would work.

@@Chubby Arse  

If this is the correct format for s0xe0x  >  Series 2 of ,Episode 22 of

then it looks fine for me cheers

Edited by DrWatson

Chubby Arse

These are standard xmltv files so if they are parsed then any xmltv source would work.

@@Chubby Arse  

If this is the correct format for s0xe0x  >  Series 2 of ,Episode 22 of

then it looks fine for me cheers

Yes - the file just compiles the data it has and presents it in a rough form. Anything consuming the data would indeed format that particular episode into S02E22. The XMLTV schema allows total amount of series, episodes and parts.

Glad it looks good.

• 2 months later...
denz

We are all waiting patiently and it is good that you have bumped this thread so that at least the developers are aware that we are still out there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
denz

I definately agree this project has done that to me as well. I don't understand how come this is not a top priority considering schedules direct handles only few countries and there are emby users all over the world its disappointing we are being left out.  

• Like 2

aspdend

Add me to the list as well - as someone who has just started experimenting with Live TV through Emby Theatre - those of us outside the US would benefit

• 2 weeks later...
Ixionx

Add me as well. This is the only thing stopping me from migrating fully to Emby Theatre and Windows 10. At the moment I'm stuck with Emby Classic and Windows 8 as I can't get OTA EPG data otherwise.

• 1 month later...