No connection to TVHeadend=No Emby??

Capt.Insano
Go to solution Solved by Tolotos,

Capt.Insano

Just wondering if this is expected behaviour of a live TV plugin?

I have my TVHeadend Server running on a RasPi (Openelec) and Emby TVHeadend Plugin connected to it, this morning my RasPi was out of action for a while and as a result my Emby Server (in Docker on unRAID) would not start. The log was jusy filling up with :

Info, App, [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: IPEndPoint = '192.168.1.5:9982'; AddressFamily = 'InterNetwork'
Error, App, [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No route to host
Info, App, [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: IPEndPoint = '192.168.1.5:9982'; AddressFamily = 'InterNetwork'
Error, App, [TVHclient] HTSConnectionAsync.open: caught exception : No route to host

In order to get Emby to boot I had to get my RasPi and its TVHeadend server back up ASAP.

While I fully appreciate that Emby should be contacting my TVHeadend server, should there not be a timeout after which Emby is allowed to run in the absence of Live TV? For example what if my TVHeadend server was down permanently, how would I access the Emby Server Dashboard to change Live TV settings?

Am I right or am I missing something?

All always, thanks so much to all involved!!

I think it's because the plugin is doing work in it's constructor, which should be avoided. If you must do active work at startup then add a class to the project that implements IServerEntryPoint

• Solution
Tolotos

Hi @@Capt.Insano,

new version 1.0.5853.38584 is in the calalog which connect at the first call from emby now.

Please try and report.

-- Tolotos

Edited by Tolotos
  • Like 1

Capt.Insano

Many thanks!

I was just able to power down my RasPi, restart EmbyServer and it successfully ran!!

Thanks again