Windows 10 store app won't start

ech0side

ech0side

I have previously been running the windows app store version of emby on windows 8.1 with no problems, but ever since upgrading to windows 10 the application won't start. The server is up and running and works fine. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but it made no difference.

THe event log shows the following error:

- Activation of app 436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4!App failed with error: The app didn't start in the required time. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.

The Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log shows:

- Activation via contract helper of the app 436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with Call was canceled by the message filter..

followed by:

- Activation of the app 436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4!App for the Windows.Launch contract timed out.

followed by:

- ActivateApplicationForContractByAppIdAsUserWithHost of the app 436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4!App for the Windows.Launch contract failed with The app didn't start in the required time..

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

7illusions

Hi,

Sorry for my late response. Like Luke pointed out, I totaly missed this one.

It's not a problem with the app itself, but witn Windows 10.

I didn't find to much info of the issue, but this thread had the same problem and actually a fix that might work for you as well.(The last answer)

http://superuser.com/questions/983442/windows-10-metro-apps-close-immediately

• Like 1