Videos don't play - No path?

TugboatBill
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

TugboatBill

I'm running server Version 3.0.5785.0 on a Win 7 pro x64 box.  My videos are kept on a nas, ie \\data\tvshows

Clients are Kodi v15.1 on Win 8.1

This was working, but has now stopped.

I used to have Emby set up on the clients with the default to stream from the server.   I then changed it to use local paths.  This worked well, starting videos was faster.

I did a few tweaks on the server.  I updated Emby from Version 3.0.5784.0 to Version 3.0.5785.0.  I disabled some services in the OS.  I rolled back my OS changes but I still can't play vidoes.  I've tried streaming from the server and local paths and neither work.  Bot give the same error in the Kodi log:

15:09:17 T:1232  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
15:09:17 T:1232   ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [Ash.vs.Evil.Dead.S01E03.Books.From.Beyond.720p.STZ.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-NTb.mkv]
15:09:17 T:1232  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
15:09:17 T:2648   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [Ash.vs.Evil.Dead.S01E03.Books.From.Beyond.720p.STZ.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-NTb.mkv]

If I look at the file name in Kodi it shows the file name but no path.

Am I doing something wrong?   Where do I look/what do I do to fix this?

Thanks

• Solution
Angelblue05

If you switch from plugin path to direct paths, you need to do a database reset by launching the emby add-on > loca database reset. Let your content sync and it should have proper paths for playback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TugboatBill

Thanks, I'll try that.  After looking closer I realized the only videos that didn't have a path defined were those that were partially watched.  Unwatched & fully watched have the full path and I can start them.  It'll take a while for the reset to finish.

TugboatBill

That fixed it.  Strange how only the ones partially watched lost path, but with me changing from streamed to local paths + updating the server + not doing a reset something was bound to happen.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, I think I will add "reset required" next to the option lol...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk