Feature requests

major_briggs

major_briggs

Here is my list of feature requests.

- Not ignore articles("The" White Stripes)

- Show a list of every album, TV show, Movie ect... in one page instead of having multiple pages (I understand this may be difficult to do on a phone)

- Have a details view as an option for every interface possible.  Personally, I want to see as much info on one page as possible so I use details for every view.  Showing artwork is secondary to me.

- When I select an artist > then click all albums > then click on more >  the next page should be sorted by albums and not by song title.

- If I click on the play button on a song art box, it should play right away and not ask me to play, add to a queue, add to playlist ect...  There should be a seperate graphic, aside from the play button, to add to a queue, add to playlist ect...  like Google play.

- Autoplay the next song, movie, TV show after the one you selected has played.

- The interfaces in general (on the PC and Android) I feel are a little slow but I don't have the premium membership to cache my data on my phone.

- The menu's at the top of the Music main menu, TV main menu, Movies main menu ect... should be adjustable so I can have Album Artists pop up right when I click on my Music icon instead of Suggestions on the Home page.  And so I can have my Movie list pop up right when I click on my Movies icon instead of Suggestions on the Home page.

- In general, I just would like to be able to customize the view/interface in Emby in general a lot more.  Set default view types for a given screen.

Thank you!

Edited by major_briggs
  • Like 2

Can you explain this?

Have a details view as an option for every interface possible.  Personally, I want to see as much info on one page as possible so I use details for every view.  Show artwork is secondary to me.

Thanks.

major_briggs

Basically the way in Windows you can choose the 'details view' to be the default view for every view/interface you look at across windows.  I just like to have as much info on one screen as possible (details) as opposed to as little as possible (poster view).

I hope that makes sense.

This is quick so I'm fixing it right now.

- When I select an artist > then click all albums > the next page should be sorted by albums and not by song title.

• Like 2

major_briggs

This is quick so I'm fixing it right now.

- When I select an artist > then click all albums > the next page should be sorted by albums and not by song title.

Holy crap... Now that service!  Are you serious?  Are you fixing just for me or for everyone?

major_briggs

Still, thanks man!  I appreciate it.

EDIT:

So, this is what I meant by the album sorting.  When I go into The Beatles, since I have 20+ albums, I have to click on 'More'.  The next list that comes up is sorted by song title and not by album.  I feel it should be sorted by album.

Edited by major_briggs
  • Like 1

Deathsquirrel

I always recommend splitting these requests into separate threads.  That way each idea can be voted on separately.  If I like one of your ideas and hate another I can't like this whole thread, they might implement the idea I hate ;)  That means you get fewer votes and your ideas are less likely to happen.

A couple points though:

1. Not ignore articles("The" White Stripes)

There is a thread for this in the feature forum already.  I VERY seriously doubt it will happen.  Use the Sort title function to override the default handling of words like 'The' if you want to see The White Stripes under T....and, as always, don't tell a librarian or you'll get smacked.

2. Show a list of every album, TV show, Movie ect... in one page instead of having multiple pages (I understand this may be difficult to do on a phone)

Luke has said the web UI will be changed in the future to scroll infinitely rather than display in pages of 100 items.  So assume this is coming.

3. Have a details view as an option for every interface possible.  Personally, I want to see as much info on one page as possible so I use details for every view.  Showing artwork is secondary to me.

I suggest describing what you want to see in more detail but most likely you'll want to look at clients that support custom themes and build a theme to meet your desires.

4. The menu's at the top of the Music main menu, TV main menu, Movies main menu ect... should be adjustable so I can have Album Artists pop up right when I click on my Music icon instead of Suggestions on the Home page.  And so I can have my Movie list pop up right when I click on my Movies icon instead of Suggestions on the Home page.

I believe there is a feature request thread for this.  Go add a like to the top post if you want to see this.
Edited by Deathsquirrel
  • Like 1

Not ignore articles("The" White Stripes)

Emby-Server\config\system.xml:

<SortRemoveWords>
    <string>the</string>
    <string>a</string>
    <string>an</string>
  </SortRemoveWords>

Kill the server. Edit this section removing what you want. Save. Restart emby.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

major_briggs

Not ignore articles("The" White Stripes)

Emby-Server\config\system.xml:

Kill the server. Edit this section removing what you want. Save. Restart emby.

I will try this when I get home.  Thank you!

major_briggs

I always recommend splitting these requests into separate threads.  That way each idea can be voted on separately.  If I like one of your ideas and hate another I can't like this whole thread, they might implement the idea I hate ;)  That means you get fewer votes and your ideas are less likely to happen.

I understand.  I don't think I will have time time to sit down and do that but that's ok.  I just wanted to make an attempt as short as it may have been.

Deathsquirrel

I will try this when I get home.  Thank you!

You may need to reinstitute this change after future server updates if you implement it this way.  Bookmark the directions somewhere so you don't forget.

Deathsquirrel

That shouldn't ever happen. We don't blow away the server configuration file

Cool, glad to be wrong about that.

major_briggs

I made a backup of the config file and edited the original.  I logged in today and I was prompted as if I just installed Emby (I got the setup wizard) but it still remembered all my settings, media drive locations ect... So I proceeded though the setup. I went to The Beatles and it was still at the top under B.  When I get home I'll check the config file again to see if my changes were reverted back.

Thanks for your help thus far.

Happy2Play

Tested removing <string>the</string>, started server and media shifted to T.

Edited by Happy2Play

major_briggs

I deleted the following from the file:

<SortRemoveWords>
    <string>the</string>
    <string>a</string>
    <string>an</string>
  </SortRemoveWords>

Should I have only deleted:

<string>the</string>
    <string>a</string>
    <string>an</string>

?

major_briggs

Ok, I will do so and leave the following:

<SortRemoveWords>
    the
    a
    an
  </SortRemoveWords>

Ok, I will do so and leave the following:

the

a

an

No, he means just remove the lines with "string" and leave the main tag.

One other thing to be aware of though is, if you've used an external metadata manager that has filled in your "SortTitle" with something like "Movie, The" then these changes will have no effect.