LiveTV subtitles and multiple audio tracks

fc7
Go to solution Solved by fc7,

The option to choose different audio or subtitle tracks is already there in Emby if the live tv plugin provides these informations. For audio it's working without any problem for me. It's the Teletext and DVB subtitle that neither Emby server nor Emby clients cannot handle for me. That's why my question @@Spaceboy

Which livetv plugin do you use?

It certainly doesn't work for the native EmbyTV nor for the TVHeadend plugin. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pünktchen

Which livetv plugin do you use?

It certainly doesn't work for the native EmbyTV nor for the TVHeadend plugin. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MediaPortal

The option to choose different audio or subtitle tracks is already there in Emby if the live tv plugin provides these informations. For audio it's working without any problem for me. It's the Teletext and DVB subtitle that neither Emby server nor Emby clients cannot handle for me. That's why my question @@Spaceboy

I tested with both NPVR and MediaPortal, which both support DVB-subtitles and can confirm this. Emby can't seem to show DVB-subtitles onscreen. I think that this is a really big issue and there is enough demand for this to be added.

Here you can see, that I can select them, but they won't show up onscreen.

post-14107-0-20672600-1453030558_thumb.jpg

Edited by Damstas

Spaceboy

@@Spaceboy

to have an option to choose subtitle tracks is the one thing, but do they really show up in the webinterface player or any other Emby app?!

The question was twofold and I as responding to the bit on multiple audio tracks. Actually attempting to select a subtitle track for live tv seems to completely crash the server

Btw I guess my problem is that multiple audio tracks nor subtitles are supported in EmbyTV or tvheadend plugin.

I already asked in the tvheadend plugin thread if this features are supported or not.

For now I will stick to tvheadend since it supports ota epg which is awesome (sadly EmbyTV doesn't yet) and every other feature seems to work just fine. It works on Linux and it's oss. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by fc7

Btw I guess my problem is that multiple audio tracks nor subtitles are supported in EmbyTV or tvheadend plugin.

I already asked in the tvheadend plugin thread if this features are supported or not.

For now I will stick to tvheadend since it supports ota epg which is awesome (sadly EmbyTV doesn't yet) and every other feature seems to work just fine. It works on Linux and it's oss. :)

To my understand Emby itself doesn't support DVB-subtitles. Correct me, if I am wrong.  :huh:

It looks like it doesn't for now. But in my case is probably that I have the added problem that the features aren't supported in the tvheadend plugin to start with.

It looks like it doesn't for now. But in my case is probably that I have the added problem that the features aren't supported in the tvheadend plugin to start with.

You can try NextPVR or MediaPortal. Either one should support DVB-subtitles.

• Solution

Yesterday I found a bug in subtitles detection that affected DVB subs detection in Emby. They were not detected correctly and that was probably the cause that showed up in the player for some people but they would not play (people using LiveTV plugins that support dvb subs in the first place).

The fix is already available in beta and dev branches of Emby so you may want to try the latest Beta to see if the problem is solved. If it doesn't is probably because also the LiveTV plugin needs some love but I know they work because I tried them out with my modified version of the TVHeadend plugin and they now work fine. I can now play DVB subs from the webclient and also the iOS app. :)

Here a screenshot:

be8e8d4c7040650debbd9092bef6cc0b.jpgb46b833ed276ef220b558a30e12e3051.jpgc2f803ab5e75ba88865da3ecff334f32.jpg

So bottom line:

• Client: multiple audio tracks and DVB subtitles for LiveTV are already supported in Emby client apps (at least iOS and webclient).
  • Server: multiple audio tracks and DVB subtitles support (dvbsubs should be working starting with Beta 3.0.5845) for LiveTV depends on the LiveTV plugin implementation. The plugin needs to detect them and provide the information about the TV stream to Emby so the server knows what is available.
Edited by fc7