100% CPU utilization when Emby server is idle

Bernie V

Bernie V

Specs:
Emby server version: 3.0.5782.0 on a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (OSMC, Debian Jessie)
Music is stored on a Synology NAS

My Emby server runs the whole day at 100% CPU, even when it's idle. After rebooting the CPU runs after some minutes back at 100%.

There are 2 plugins installed in Emby (Auto Box Sets & Trakt). When I look to the running processes then I see that mono-sgen takes all te CPU and a lot of memory (see attchement CPU.jpg).

When I open Emby by the web client then my home screen doesn't load fully, the pointer keeps turning (See attachement Home.jpg). I can go to the server management and some other menuitems but everything is of course very slow due to the CPU utilization of mono.

What could generate this problem? I have added my log. I have disabled the library scans some days ago  so that shouldn't be to problem.

Regards
Bernd

post-90785-0-42261200-1452107561_thumb.jpg

post-90785-0-57467300-1452107569_thumb.jpg

server-63587697200.txt

Hi, under Dlna can you try disabling the Play To feature as well as the Dlna server? see if that makes any difference. Thanks.

what are we supposed to be looking at? that is a 12 minute log and everything looks fine to me.

Bernie V

In attach the CPU utilization at this moment (this was allready 99% when I sended the last log). The mono-sgen takes again all the CPU after a reboot. The Emby server is idle at the moment.

post-90785-0-25310400-1452111974_thumb.jpg

You could try an older version of mono, like perhaps 4.0.3. 4.2.1 is very new and there could be issues with it.

farfromrefuge

I actually face the same problem with Emby. It never calms down :s

For me when i start emby the CPU is low but as soon as i show a webpage it goes to 100 and never goes down. Even after closing the page

I am running on a Synology 411 with mono 4.2.1

Bernie V

I actually face the same problem with Emby. It never calms down :s

For me when i start emby the CPU is low but as soon as i show a webpage it goes to 100 and never goes down. Even after closing the page

I am running on a Synology 411 with mono 4.2.1

As Luke said, it could be a mono issue with version 4.2.1, I'm having the same issues like you.

I will try to downgrade mono to version 4.0.3 in the next days.

Bernie V

I'm trying to downgrade mono to version 4.0.3.

First I removed mono 4.2.1 (emby-server package was also removed automatically due to dependencies)

sudo apt-get clean

sudo apt-get update

sudo aptitude -f install mono-complete=4.0.3.20-0xamarin1

but with debian 8 and ubuntu 14 repository I got in the terminal:

E: Failed to fetch http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/xUbuntu_14.04/./all/libmono-corlib4.5-cil_4.0.3.20-0xamarin1_all.deb: Size mismatch

What can I do now?

Edited by Bernie V

• 2 weeks later...
Bernie V

Update: after some testing it where the playlists that was causing the 100% cpu. I removed all playlists and the issue is gone. Now when I add a new playlist the issue. Maybe the playlist feature can be optimized for cpu usage?