Remote Password Issue

kuebs

I am having an issue with remote access vs accessing MB3 via WMC.  I want to have a higher level of security when I log in remotely.  I would like it to ask me at least for a password.  I would prefer it didn't suggest an account name.  But, I don't want to have to enter a PIN/Password when I go into MB3 from inside WMC.  That becomes arduous when going back and forth from TV, Recorded TV and MB3.

I have the profile set in MBC configurator to automatically log in.  I have a password/PIN on the account.  Each time I start MB3 from inside WMC it asks me for the PIN.

What I want is to have it work without a login when I am home and watching MB3 through WMC, but for it to ask for a PW when I am remote.  Is that possible?

Kuebs

You can also configure MBC to automatically login as a specific profile (including the pw).  This is done in the configurator app.

WWWestern

in the user profile area you can require manual login for mobile clients

Maybe need some warning on the page for Mobile Clients parametr, like "...This setting also affects the webclient"?

simono5

I'm finding the remote access a little confusing.  I've got a password set on my MBS and I also have 'Require manual username entry for:' ticked for Mobile Clients.

The problem I'm having is when I access MBT within my network it's asking for the password when I want it to log straight in.

Can I configure MBT to not prompt for a password?

• 1 month later...
kingfenix

If you set MBC configurator to login automatically, what does this do for xbox's connecting to this wmc server as extenders? will they also get logged in as the same user automatically?

If you set MBC configurator to login automatically, what does this do for xbox's connecting to this wmc server as extenders? will they also get logged in as the same user automatically?

No, the extenders run under their own Windows accounts.

You can now set the auto login from within MBC so you can configure it for extenders as well.