Automatic Library Update

bigbadrabbit

hstamas

Yes. If you're running the latest version of Emby Server you can enable it on a per-library basis by clicking on that particular library in library setup.

Great to hear but what about the issue that when I check it, leave the screen then go back its unchecked?

That was resolved so make sure you're running the latest version. Either way, it is saving correctly, it's just not reloading the value in the web app. you can always just refresh the page.

Happy2Play

Has this in fact been enabled on OS X now Luke? I see the check box for it in my libraries but when I check it then go back its unchecked.

What server version are you on?

Last resort check the options.xml for the library.  Not sure the folder structure on non-Windows systems.  Emby-Server\root\default\specific library

If setting is incorrect shut down server, make the change, the start server.

hstamas

What server version are you on?

Last resort check the options.xml for the library.  Not sure the folder structure on non-Windows systems.  Emby-Server\root\default\specific library

If setting is incorrect shut down server, make the change, the start server.

Version 3.0.6400.0

I've restarted the server and checked, both my movie and TV libraries are now checked. @@Luke, next time I have something to add to my library I will check again and if it takes forever to update I'll upload logs.

taylorbourne

Same here, running the latest version of Emby as well. My Sonarr/Couchpotato keys became out of sync so they were unable to report to Emby that there was new content, and Emby failed to pick up the content automatically. Can't grab logs at the moment, but I will if I get a chance.

• 5 months later...
hstamas

Still hoping to get this figured out. Upgraded to the newest version of the server. TV still wont update when new files are added. I definitely have real time monitoring checked. New logs attached as well.

Any Mac users actually getting their TV section updating really time?

post-45887-0-04468700-1488309167_thumb.png

server-63623885920.txt

It works on my test device but I am only throwing a small library at it. I do see errors in your log coming from the mono file system watcher that we're depending on.

hstamas

I haven't tested it yet on this most recent update Luke but last time I tried, my Movies folder was working properly. I wonder why its just the TV folder?

Is there anything I can do on my end to get this working?

• 4 months later...
hstamas

It works on my test device but I am only throwing a small library at it. I do see errors in your log coming from the mono file system watcher that we're depending on.

@@Luke has this been sorted out yet? I have been testing Emby for some time now and its coming along nicely but this is still seems to be an issue and kind of a deal breaker since I want to use Emby for DVR functionality as well but if its not going to know when recordings are available its kind of a no go for me.

The realtime monitor is supported, but not needed if you are using Emby DVR.

hstamas

The realtime monitor is supported, but not needed if you are using Emby DVR.

Gotcha and thats good to hear!

I am still not getting realtime updating via my TV shows though @@Luke. I haven't added my Movie library this round of testing so Im not sure if that does/doesnt work. This thread sort of puttered out last time I was testing. Anything we/I can do to get this working?

Note that my Mac server is a bit behind OS wise running Yosemite. Other than this issue I have had no need to update it any further as its mostly just a file server and Plex server atm. I really want to get Emby working 100% though which is why I keep coming back to it! No other OS X users report this as an issue?

Edited by hstamas