Service not working correctly

LeftForPlex
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

LeftForPlex

I've tried running the server as a service, using  local admin account with full admin privledges.  The service starts up fine, I can log in from the clients.  However no media shows.  It appears it cannot get to the content.  When I run it manually it works fine,.

Log:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=727EB83A8C9822A7%216905

Thanks!

LeftForPlex

When I'm logged in as that user I can access the content on the unraid server without issue.  Should I create matching accounts on the MediaBrowser Server and unRaid?

Did you configure the service exactly (with your credentials, of course) as depicted in the topic I linked?

LeftForPlex

Did you configure the service exactly (with your credentials, of course) as depicted in the topic I linked?

I did, and the service is starting fine which shows the account and password are valid.  Let me try creating a matching account on the unRaid server.

LeftForPlex

Tried creating an account on the unRaid server, and still no dice.  The minute I run it locally it works again.  My guess is that it may have something to do with it not recognizing the guest login for unRaid.  

Is there any ability to specify username/password for remote shares?  Does MB3 Server simply user the local user account to connect?

I imagine the only thing different here is my session.

Thanks!

LeftForPlex

Interesting thing, am running Windows 8.1, and use my skydrive account to login.  For shit's and giggles I moved from using the shortname it has for my account to the full email address account, and I can now see the kids folder, my mma folder, but my BluRay collection still sits at 0 Movies. All the content is under the same server, \\tower\bluray or \\tower\kids, etc.

When I run MB3 Server manually it runs just fine.

I'll put up a log later tonight.

Thanks!

• Solution

Go ahead and post the log but this all sounds like it is simply file system permissions.

• Like 1