Library Issues when syncing

sandmaneo

sandmaneo

I am currently running the emby server and I have two Kodi devices: 1 New Firetv and Idroidnation box running 5.1 Lollipop.

Both Kodi versions are 15.2 

When Running the emby add-on on Firetv , everything worked fine.. The library for Kode shows movies and tv shows on the main Kodi screen.. 

The Idroidnation box, not so much... It show emby under the video tab and I have to pick it to show the movies, sorta like when you share on an uPnP share. 

I have cleared and re-installed the add-on a mess of times, same outcome... Is this suppose to work like this on the android version of Kodi?? I am new to Kodi, I used to have Dune devices with My Movies, but Dune died and I could not resist the Kodi Interface anymore... Love Kodi and this software... Just wish I could get it to work the same ... 

Any Help would be highly appreciated.. 

Sandmaneo 

Angelblue05

Don't forget to enable the add-on log level set to Info, otherwise no info gets captured in logs (like your previous log).

Angelblue05

Argh no, your log is still incorrect. ;)  Disable Kodi debug, enable the add-on log level set to Info (in the add-on settings > advanced tab).

Angelblue05

I'm sorry, I just want to clarify the OP, because I think your log would not show the issue.

When you access your movies, it sends you to the video listing (where you see all the Emby views shortcuts, with recently added, etc.), is that correct?

Are you using Confluence skin (default)? If you are not, can you go to the Kodi settings > appearance > skin settings > find where you modify your homescreen shortcuts and let me know the action for the shortcut that's giving you this issue (should be a path of some sort or ActivateWindow command)?

Edited by Angelblue05

sandmaneo

On the Kodi front screen where you have weather, video , etc... Movies and TV shows are not shown.. The only way I can see my movie list is my clicking on the video tab and then finding emby and then the list appears.. 

My Firetv has it on the main Kodi screen , that is all i am trying to do on my other machine.. 

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Which skin are you using? (and thanks for clarifying, it makes more sense! :))

Edited by Angelblue05

sandmaneo

Confluence , the default skin.. I have not messed around with any of that yet.. can a skin screw u up? 

Thanks for the help Angelblue, i appreciate it.. 

Angelblue05

Yeah, homescreen shortcuts are controlled by the skin (each skin individually). Hmmm that's very very odd. From experience, Confluence does this when you have no content in database. It should automatically create the shortcuts once it detects content (once the initial sync completes, for example)

You say you have uninstalled, reinstalled the add-on. But have you tried doing a reset (launching the emby add-on > reset local database, or in the add-on settings > advanced tab > reset local database). This will wipe your database and resync your emby content to Kodi. Hopefully it should fix the issue. Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05

sandmaneo

Yes , I tried that tonight, with no luck..  this has been driving me crazy for days now... The Firetv worked like a champ... but the android box.. no dice.. would genesis or any other add-on effect this ? I have Genesis installed.. 

Just wondering... 

Angelblue05

Hmm... so then it must be the skin itself. If you go inside the videos > emby view shortcuts (movies or your tv shows), does it populate with content?

I don't think add-ons can affect this. You could always use a different skin (other skins, you can manually create shortcuts... the only exception is Confluence, but it's supposed to auto populate shortcuts for movies and tvshows, so I'm not sure where the problem would lie... At this point, I would try to uninstall, reinstall Kodi to see if it corrects itself.

Edited by Angelblue05