HD-DVD Folder Rips

John_Doe

John_Doe

Hi guys,

I am just looking for some help getting my folder rips of HD-DVD's to show up in MB3. Everything worked great under MB2.X.

As it stands within my Movie collection all of my HD-DVD rips don't show up at all.

Currently MB3 automatically marks all of the HD-DVD movies as a "Folder" instead of a "Movie". I have tried editing the folder type through the web browser and via note pad first to "Movie" and then "HD-DVD" with no success with either.

Now I realise that HD-DVD is a dead format and that this may not be relevant to many but it would still be nice to play back all of my HD-DVD's without having to mess around with a keyboard and mouse instead of controlling everything via remote.

Any ideas on how, if at all possible, to get this working again would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

swhitmore

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2876-coverart-hd-dvd/?p=48013

The MBServer does not recognize HDDVD rips as movies.  It is a long dead format.

If you can convert them to something that is recognized, then you can put "HDDVD" in the Source Type field and CoverArt will give them an HD-DVD cover.

I suggest ripping them from your current folder structure to a file format.  You will get much better functionality out of them from MB.  I recently did this with a few I had.  Used MakeMKV.