Problem Configuring Podcasts

gebhard
Go to solution Solved by gebhard,

gebhard

Hi,

I've installed my first Emby server a few days ago (FreeNAS Plugin, version 3.0.5781.8). Yesterday I've upgraded to Premiere (Lifetime) to support the great application and to enable some features.

I'd like to get podcasts via Emby so I installed the plugin "Podcasts" version 1.0.5810.30134. I can see it under

Plugins -> My Plugins

I was able to add a podcast using the settings menu of Podcasts.

Now I want to configure additional things, e.g. the storage location. As far as I could google, the settings would be done in Plugins -> Channels.

But there is no Podcast entry showing up, only "Preferred internet stream quality:".

I've already restarted the server but haven't noticed any change.

Any idea how to debug or what went wrong?

Many thanks in advance :)

Cheers,

Gebhard

gebhard

hmmm ... ok, I'm looking for a possibility to download and store podcasts ... and access them later

btw: the configured podcast doesn't show up in the library.

gebhard

this is very unfortunate because it was one of the reasons going for Emby and paying for it ... any possibility to issue a feature request?

but why isn't any content appearing in the podcast channel, any idea how to debug this?

thanks

I've pushed an update to the plugin, and your feed now works fine in my testing. Once you have that, please try again, thanks.

hoxtonia

Just to add I too miss the capability of downloading podcasts and storing locally......there is a download channel plugin - would be fantastic if the podcast plug in supported it....

gebhard

just FYI (not complaining): I'm not yet being offered a newer version of the podcast plugin ... I'll try it and post the result when I was able to update.

Ok, try restarting the server. In this new release I changed the way the plugin list is getting downloaded. There might still be something that needs to be adjusted. 

Nevermind, try again. I see the issue. The plugin was marked as requiring server version 3.0.5783.0, which you might not have yet. So I reduced the required server version in order to expose it to you.

gebhard

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to provide the logs also ...

Still not working, errors and logs attached.

Server: 3.0.5781.8

Podcast: 1.0.5849.25596

Channel Downloader: 1.0.5810.30068

Thanks,

Gebhard

post-103337-0-08519100-1452359585_thumb.jpg

post-103337-0-72899300-1452359585_thumb.jpg

Log.7z

Could it be a problem with the actual feed?  Have you tried some feeds that are known to work with the plug-in like Ted Talks?

I think the fact that it works for me and not you points to time-zone related when it comes to parsing the dates. We will look at this when we can but this one might need a little time. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I can switch time zone of my FreeNAS system temporarily for testing if it helps ...

Furthermore if you send me concrete URLs for podcasts I'm more than happy to test them, too.

Cheers,

Gebhard

it's either timezone or locale-related.  since my locale is english, it's able to successfully parse your file.

Hi,

just FTR: an updated version of the Emby plugin for FreeNAS has become available in the meantime to I'm now on version

Version 3.0.5785.0

I've restarted the system but I can't see any difference. But I wanted to make sure to keep the thread up to date :)

Cheers,

Gebhard