iOS Safari Issue - HeaderTryEmbyPremier hover

dkalejta

dkalejta

I'm running into an issue accessing Emby remotely through my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.2) on Safari. When I go to play a video, I see the screen below. It's a hovering popup that will not scroll down far enough to get to the option " X CLOSE AND PLAY MY MEDIA".

568ae04168916_emby.png

If I go to my laptop and open the same page in Chrome, debugging mode (F12) and view the page as an iPhone 6, the same thing happens. If I drag and resize the device, however, I see the following screen:

568ae25102e2e_emby2.png

Clicking the close/play option get me along my way and watching videos. Is there any way to disable this pop-up, or work around it in Safari? Thanks.

dkalejta

Thanks. Didn't occur to me to try it in Chrome for iOS before posting. Just tried it, same issue.

Thanks again.

Ok, i tested this and it looks fine, although I'm on the development branch. Are you running the latest version of the server?

dkalejta

No, I'm on Version 3.0.5781.3.

From what I understand it's not as simple as apt-get update, right? Fairly new to Linux (took me a while to get my server set up in the first place :P), so when I have some time tonight and am not ssh'ing from my phone I will look into updating without obliterating and report back.

dkalejta

Hm. Tried running sudo apt-get dist-upgrade emby-server, now I can't get the server up and running. Getting a connection refused error.

Any good documentation on how to update Emby Server for headless Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

hurricanehrndz

Apt-get update is the preferred method of updating on Ubuntu and debian. Can you please post the logs and ensure you run a restart.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

dkalejta

Sorry, the "Newbie" descriptor above my avatar fits pretty well, so please bear with me. 

Running apt-get update does update the Ubuntu VM that emby-server is running in, but does not update the version.

Which logs would you like me to post? From ubuntu or Emby? Thanks.