Can you rename chapters?

carguyshu

carguyshu

I have some concert DVDs & blurays that the addition of chapters has been amazing for versus the old method of scrolling until you find the song you want with the slide bar. Is there any way I can go in & rename each chapter so that instead of it saying 'chapter 1' 'chapter 2' etc it says 'the song remains the same' 'stairway to heaven' etc?

What I have done, but it is a slow process that so far only works for MKV files (maybe MP4), is to use MKVMERGE and download and XML file the CHAPTERDB. I merge the 2 files in about 7 minutes. You can still manually edit the chapters if you don't find any in the CHAPTERDB. After merging I delete the old file, rename the new file. Run a scan of the library and a scan of the chapters.

This will make the chapter names appear in the web client and in MBC. I don't think MBT supports chapter names at this time.

Cheesegeezer

I have some concert DVDs & blurays that the addition of chapters has been amazing for versus the old method of scrolling until you find the song you want with the slide bar. Is there any way I can go in & rename each chapter so that instead of it saying 'chapter 1' 'chapter 2' etc it says 'the song remains the same' 'stairway to heaven' etc?

Unfortunately at the moment MBChapters will not look for music videos.  As far as i know there are no available sources out there to retrieve this data reliably. Nor is there any for TVShows. so MBChapters will only cover movies.

carguyshu

Unfortunately at the moment MBChapters will not look for music videos.  As far as i know there are no available sources out there to retrieve this data reliably. Nor is there any for TVShows. so MBChapters will only cover movies.

I set my folder type to 'movie' and it saw all of the concert dvd's and blurays just fine after trying music & music videos and it not working. It downloaded meta data & has the chapters all there I just want to be able to rename the chapters so I don't have to remember that chapter 16 is 'whole lotta love.' I'm also using MB classic.

Edited by carguyshu

With handreak you can manually add the chapter, however you need to create a new MKV file and it takes longer. It is the easiest way I found to manually adding chapters. In my case I use DVDFAB and it creates the chapter data in the MKV. I open the MKV file in handbreak, export the chapters to CSV. I import into excel, rename the chapters, save into CSV again. Import again into handbreak, and remux.

• 10 years later...
Davey's

I would like to have the option to manually rename chapters for (music video) nfo files