Add Sonos Support

llygoden

llygoden

Hi All,

Would it be possible to add Sonos streaming to the Android app?

In my head it would work in the same way as the Chromecast streaming currently works.

I've been looking at some public APIs for Sonos https://github.com/SoCo/SoCoand it seems you make a UPNP connection to the device and can then send the track to be played as a URL.

This would allow people to play their music at any location that had a Sonos device, regardless of if the server was on the same network.

Regards,

Llygoden

• Like 3

• 10 months later...
braigo64

Was anything ever done with this? Currently thinking getting either a Sonos speaker or Amazon Echo to play from my music library, preferably via Emby if anything like that exists yet.

We already support Dlna using Emby Server, so this should be fine for you in your own home. This request is about going outside of network, to a friend's house for example, and being able to cast to their Dlna devices (such as Sonos).

• 7 months later...
Nuc123

Hi,

Was anything ever done with adding support for casting to sonos on a different network? I've my emby server at one house and would really like to be able to play music via emby on my sonos at a couple other different places without emby being on the network

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
PrincessClevage

It would be a pretty good technical effort if you can get this to work, basically the app on the mobile device would have to be a proxy of some sort or stream up to an public emby server and then Sonos pull down stream (only way I can logic it in my head lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PrincessClevage

• 1 year later...
latinumking

I just came to this rather old request.

Is this feature implemented in the meantime (an if so, how to make it happen?)

If not, I would really like to have a streaming for music outside the house as I have the streaming for other media date (i.e. movies) 

Keep the great Emby solution rocking, Emby is so powerfull, I learn about new features on an on...

latinumking

Correct Luke, kinda streaming from my Emby Server @ friends home @ his Sonos over emby mobile app

Kinda private Spotify

Cheers, Lati

Gesendet von meinem MI MAX 2 mit Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
PrincessClevage

I tied this on IOS emby app and I see no difference to dlna streaming e.g dlna steaming I can control volume and Sonos direct I can do the same this with no added functionality or am I missing something?

PrincessClevage

emby server crash again in event logs and would not restart correctly until I delete Sonos .dll after tvplugin update

I tied this on IOS emby app and I see no difference to dlna streaming e.g dlna steaming I can control volume and Sonos direct I can do the same this with no added functionality or am I missing something?

Dlna can't support Sonos groups so right now that is the primary benefit of the Sonos plugin. Over time though we will likely add more Sonos specific features that dlna can't match.

PrincessClevage

Dlna can't support Sonos groups so right now that is the primary benefit of the Sonos plugin. Over time though we will likely add more Sonos specific features that dlna can't match.

Odd then, when I play to dlna device I get stereo (group) but when I play to Sonos device (only one device is shown) I only get mono (single unit)