AFTV1: Chapters/Scenes Display Stuck on Play All

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Tanamur

Windows Server: Version 3.0.5783.0

Amazon FireTV (AFTV1): Version 1.1.41a

Hi Forum - I know all of this may be moot shortly when Amazon starts rolling out FireOS5 to the AFTV1 generation boxes but wanted to log it. I searched for similar threads but could not find anything in this forum.

Settings

On my AFTV1, playing a multiple episode queue like "play season" or "play all unplayed".

Error

After playing the first unplayed episode and moving onto subsequent episodes, the chapter/scene displays are stuck on the chapter images from the first episode. Selecting one of them does take me to the correct time of the chapter in the current episode however, the images are not much help for navigating the chapters.

Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks.

• Solution

Sounds like a bug and it probably isn't related to the device.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I've fixed this for the next release.

In the meantime, hit the down arrow because what is actually happening is there are multiple chapter rows - one for each item that was played.

Tanamur

I've fixed this for the next release.

In the meantime, hit the down arrow because what is actually happening is there are multiple chapter rows - one for each item that was played.

Hi @@ebr - I completely missed that but it is really a nice feature idea. I just checked it out on my AFTV1 and found the additional rows. However, when I use the down/up arrow the additional row displays for maybe one(1) second and then the complete information overlay screen disappears.

If I hit the down/up arrow again it reappears on the last displayed chapter row and I can select that chapter. However, if I select an image from the previous episode, it does not take me back to that chapter in the previous episode. So this does deserve a bit of attention.

I would also like to mention that the feature of showing the information overlay near the end of the episode with the upcoming episode is very nice. However, it does not always start playing the next episode and stalls at the end of the current episode. 

Thanks as always for the reply.

The latest beta contains the fix for the chapters.  There will no longer be multiple rows there.