Wmc channel group ignored in latest emby server

lolento
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

lolento

I have an Emby Channel Group setup under WMC and applied in the advanced config file of ServerWMC.

Somehow, this is not being enforced in Emby.

The reason I'm point to Emby is because I am running Kodi pvr.wmc as well, that is fine.

Happy2Play

Don't know about WMC but is appear Channel grouping has been removed altogether.  It is now longer an option in preferences-setting-home screen settings.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29170-channels-are-no-longer-grouped-on-the-home-screen-into-one-section/?hl=channel

No, these are two different things. Nothing was removed here, we have never had channel groupings for live tv.

lolento

No.

there is something wrong with recognizing channel grouping from Serverwmc in the latest emby server. Please check.

I have a channel group in WMC called mbs and from ServerWMC config.xml, I restricted Emby to only read the mbs channel group. The latest stable version of Emby server is no longer obeying this restriction.

On the contrary, Kodi's pvr.wmc plugin is still seeing this channel group.

lolento

Hi Krusty,

I was wondering if you can look into to this to see if this is something wrong from serverwmc or emby server.

Since the update to the latest stable emby server, live tv is loading up the entire channel list rather than the channel group i restricted to under serverwmc config.xml.

This did not happen in the previous emby server. I know this because I use it all the time.

In addition, kodi pvr.wmc plugin still recognize channel groups correctly.

krustyreturns

Just to be clear to all people reading this thread, Emby has never supported the channel grouping that you can set in wmc (and that kodi supports).  However serverwmc has a feature to restrict Emby to only import a single wmc channel group.  This enables you to set a subset of channels to be available in Emby.,

If this restrictions stopped working, its can't be an Emby problem but rather a serverwmc problem.  Please post your serverwmc log file.

• Solution
krustyreturns

In your client restriction change 

MediaBrowser^

to 

Emby^

Assuming that works...  I meant to keep supporting the old Mediabrowser name but apparently I mistakenly dropped it from client restrictions.

• Like 1