1.1.70 Sets issue?

browned
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

browned

I noticed this with previous versions as well. But when starting Kodi, emby starts, says it is syncing 5 items, then seems to run through my entire sets/collection list.

On opening the sets I have, I get no metadata about the movies included in the sets, This could be a Titan issue, but the view I am using works flawlessly for other movies and tv series and they don't seem to resync on every kodi startup.

browned

Finally got time to enable debug and start Kodi.

On this start Kodi emby started suggested there were 5 updates, worked on those updates, then carried on through updating my entire collection, or least suggested it on the screen as doing so.

emby-5updates-allcollections.7z

• Solution
Angelblue05

Sets are set to sync if there's any movies added or updated. Unfortunately, the server doesn't send messages when boxsets are modified (at least not in a reliable way), so we are forced to do this. However it does not modify anything if there's nothing to modify. It simply does a quick compare. The api from emby is pretty limited in this area. There's no way of knowing if the item belongs to a boxset or not.

Sets do not have metadata in Kodi. They are a mere grouping function, to which we can assign artwork. Maybe you can take a screenshot of what you are talking about if that doesn't answer your issue.

Edited by Angelblue05