Unable to start Playback of NextPVR Live TV

flexage

rikiwi

Yep getting the guide OK (as I say with the MediaBrowser plugin), think it worked with NPVR as well.

Haven't tried uninstalling ET as it works for TV at the moment (am on 2.3.8 and have Premiere).

Don't forget what Sven said in post no 41, maybe it just works for DVB-T and not DVB-S,

That's a good point about our different tuners.

Sent from my Sony Z3

jordy

@@Luke, Live TV via NextPVR does not work in ET. It hasn't worked in ET for quite a while now - for me anyway. Here are the logs from my latest attempt.

Server: Dev 3.1.5992.30561

ET: 2.3.8

EDIT: All I see in ET is a spinning circle over the program details.

@@Luke, I don't know if you changed anything but as of now with server Version 3.1.5994.23945 and ET 2.3.8 Live TV is now working.

Thankyou

:)

EDIT: Seems I spoke too soon :(. It was playing fine for a couple of minutes then I tried to change channels and It's back to square one - zero playback just spinning circle... have restarted both server and ET several times but no luck...

Edited by jordy

The transcoding all looks fine based on those logs, it's just that the app doesn't seem to like it for whatever reason.

arrbee99

Jordy, have you tried again since - just wondering i it will keep on playing if you don't change anything (i.e. is it the act of  changing channels that broke it ?)

jordy

Yeah, spent quite a while on it yesterday. It is a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it will play but mostly not. One thing I noticed is that transcoding always starts but if it doesn't play in ET then the only way to stop the transcode is to restart the server which is a real pia...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

arrbee99

That's a pity, maybe I'll ask in the NPVR forum if there's any hope.

jordy

Don't think it's NVPR. Live TV works everywhere but in ET...

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

jordy

The transcoding all looks fine based on those logs, it's just that the app doesn't seem to like it for whatever reason.

Any suggestions ?

jordy

@@Luke, updated the server this morning to Version 3.1.5995.24785. went straight to ET and tried Live TV. I chose a channel that I have most playback success with and it played. After a minute or so, I paused playback went back to the guide and selected a different channel. There was no playback so I minimised ET and went to the server dashboard. the logs show that the 2nd transcode was still ongoing. so I restarted the server to stop it - this happens every time ET fails to playback Live TV.

Here are the logs, one server log and two transcode logs. thanks

EDIT: added ET Log

Edited by jordy

srthimsen

I'm having a similar issue of bring unable to start playback of NextPVR live TV. Playback works through Kodi, but I would much prefer to be able to use Emby on my iPad to stream live TV. It worked well for the first couple months of use, but then stopped working a few months ago. I attached my server log, the bottom shows a couple attempts to tune different TV channels.

Each time it exits with "There was an error playing the video. Please ensure there is an open tuner available." In watching the NextPVR server during this attempt, it starts to buffer the live TV stream, but then stops.

NPVR: 3.6.6

Emby server: 3.0.5972.0

NPVR plugin: 3.0.5873.40837

EDIT: Added transcode log.

server-63600768000.txt

transcode-d5f3e95a-04a5-4d1e-bb86-e5476e74401b.txt

Edited by srthimsen

I'm having a similar issue of bring unable to start playback of NextPVR live TV. Playback works through Kodi, but I would much prefer to be able to use Emby on my iPad to stream live TV. It worked well for the first couple months of use, but then stopped working a few months ago. I attached my server log, the bottom shows a couple attempts to tune different TV channels.

Each time it exits with "There was an error playing the video. Please ensure there is an open tuner available." In watching the NextPVR server during this attempt, it starts to buffer the live TV stream, but then stops.

NPVR: 3.6.6

Emby server: 3.0.5972.0

NPVR plugin: 3.0.5873.40837

Hi, please attach the transcoding log as well.

Done - sorry to forget that the first time!

try disabling quick sync.

• Like 2