Unable to start Playback of NextPVR Live TV

flexage

jordy

Thanks Josh. NextPVR is not the problem. It's just not showing the playback in Firefox. It's OK everywhere else.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

I forgot to try it in Firefox. Some other things i am struggling with. (BTW Nothing to do with Emby. :) )

I try to test it this evening....

It's the latest version (firefox) that you use @@jordy ?

I tried it. I don't use Firefox so version 36.0.4 was installed on my machine.

I tried to play something and that worked. Then firefox was updated to version 43.0.4

And indeed it doesn't work. So something changed in those versions but what, that's the question.

And it's also only the live tv that's not working? Or do you also have problems with other stuff?

But it's weird maybe @@Luke knows more cc: @@jordy

jordy

@@Sven, Firefox is good for everything else. It's just Live TV that'd doesn't play. Thanks.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

arrbee99

Also noticed live TV used to work in Firefox but not any more with latest version. Still nothing in IE11 as well (and probably Edge), so only works for me in Chrome.

Houseofbricks

Nothing to add here except to say that I'm seeing the same problems. NextPVR works, live TV works when I go directly from my HD Homerun -> Emby, but HD Homerun -> NextPVR -> Emby doesn't work. What debug logs etc would be useful for me to provide?

Why not just use the built in feature without the plugin? Does scheduled direct not have data in your area?

Why not just use the built in feature without the plugin? Does scheduled direct not have data in your area?

I'd still be nice if someone could look at the plugin if it's broken.

Houseofbricks

It's because I'm (currently) using Kodi as a frontend. The Emby plugin for Kodi doesn't also provide PVR functionality, as far as I can see. So I'm using Emby as my media provider, but going directly to NextPVR for live TV. Would love to cut NextPVR out entirely!

arrbee99

Also noticed live TV used to work in Firefox but not any more with latest version. Still nothing in IE11 as well (and probably Edge), so only works for me in Chrome.

Just to mention, working fine for me now with latest Firefox (version 43 maybe). Hauppauge DVB-S card and NPVR (obviously I suppose).

Bart91106

The NextPVR plugin was working for me on windows 10 yesterday.

The server update today killed it.

The plugin was no longer visible on Live TV/Devices and my tuner is no longer listed.

I reinstalled the plugin to no avail.

Yesterday I was able to get schedules direct working and I attached logos to my channels on Emby.

Live TV was even working on my android tablet.

Now I'm back to square one with Live TV or now Dead TV.

The NextPVR plugin was working for me on windows 10 yesterday.

The server update today killed it.

The plugin was no longer visible on Live TV/Devices and my tuner is no longer listed.

I reinstalled the plugin to no avail.

Yesterday I was able to get schedules direct working and I attached logos to my channels on Emby.

Live TV was even working on my android tablet.

Now I'm back to square one with Live TV or now Dead TV.

Please see how to report a problem so that we can adequately help you . Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Add another with non working live tv.Exactly the same as op. Nextpvr works everywhere else chrome/ emby web interface and kodi just not in emby theatre. heres my logs

Edit: recorded shows all play fine even ones currently recording..

emby nextpvr logs.zip

Edited by bluc

• 1 month later...
arrbee99

Wondering if anyone knows if there's been any progress with getting NPVR to work with Emby Theatre ?

arrbee99

Had NPVR til a few months ago, worked fine on web browsers but not ET. Tried DVBLink I think it was, also didn't work (but only tried for a day or two), then tried MediaPortal (plug-in) and that seems to work well for ET and everything else.

So just wondering if NPVR was working yet in ET from other peoples recent experiences, so I can maybe go back to it, not that I have anything against the MP plug-in but NPVR seems a lot more compact, plus its an NZ product...

jordy

@@Luke, Live TV via NextPVR does not work in ET. It hasn't worked in ET for quite a while now - for me anyway. Here are the logs from my latest attempt.

Server: Dev 3.1.5992.30561

ET: 2.3.8

EDIT: All I see in ET is a spinning circle over the program details.

Edited by jordy

rikiwi

I though I'd put my 2cents worth in to maybe help out a fellow Kiwi.

I'm using ET Version 2.8.3 (latest premium version) and live TV is working well.

It does take 18 seconds to start playing, which is quite long if you want to channel surf, but I don't do this often.

I have the NPVR status icon displayed in the system tray so I can see that it's picking up the tuner signals before handing over to Emby and ET.

I use Chrome exclusively for doing anything in the server, as I had no luck at all trying Edge. IE works reasonably OK.

My System:

Emby Server Latest Bete Version 3.1.0.0

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Avermedia BDA  DVBT Dual tuners (a few years old now)

PCTV USB Tuner (very old now)

EPG Collector - scrapes all my channel data (took a bit of fiddling to get it how I like)

NPVR Backend - important to get this all working first

NOTE: If I ever have trouble with live TV the first thing I do is uninstall my tuner drivers then reboot and let Windows re-install them.

I have been thinking of buying the 

SiliconDust HDHomeRun Connect

But these are $249NZ, so I'll stick with my old ones for now

Let me know if you need any more info and I'll try and help you get it going.

Edited by rikiwi

arrbee99

Thanks rikiwi. Sounds like we're doing (or trying to do) pretty much the same thing. The only problem is getting NPVR to work with ET - I've had NPVR working fine by itself and in emby web page, and I have MediaBrowser working now (or at least the last time I checked it was) with Emby web page AND ET, its just that NPVR / ET thing.

Have Win 10-64 and a Hauppauge PCI-E card - a HomeRun would be nice, but I can only get DVB-S, which happily provides its own guide, so can't do much about that.

rikiwi

Hi arrbee99

Are you getting a TV Guide showing in ET? If not, and you're getting it in the server, then something is not working.

Have you tried completely uninstalling ET, re-booting then installing it from the Emby website. I have found this fixed some problems in the past.

I presume you're on the Premium version 2.3.8

Hope this is of some help.

arrbee99

Yep getting the guide OK (as I say with the MediaBrowser plugin), think it worked with NPVR as well.

Haven't tried uninstalling ET as it works for TV at the moment (am on 2.3.8 and have Premiere).

Don't forget what Sven said in post no 41, maybe it just works for DVB-T and not DVB-S,