Trailers on Roku

sfnetwork

sfnetwork

Trailers works only from the "Trailers" collection (with the Trailers plugin) but not yet for the movies (local trailers).

Trailers (the one you see as dedicated collection) are "future" trailers. (this works on Roku)

Local trailers are the ones for the movies you already have (this one doesn't work yet on Roku client)

So, you are not doing anything wrong and you can stop looking, it's not there  ;)  (I presume it will be in the movie detail page along with "view chapters", more, etc...)

Hope this helps.

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 1

sfnetwork

So, if I understand correctly, the Roku does not support local trailers yet, but hopefully it will soon? Thanks!!

Exactly. It will happen, I'm sure. (just need a little patience... I know, it's hard  :P )

It not that it's not supported, it's just just implemented yet in the MB client.

Edited by sfnetwork

mfranzel

Hi all,I was told that trailers were supported on the Roku, but only when the Trailers plugin was used. I am a bit confused about how the plugin works. When I click on trailers on the Roku, I am shown trailers for movies I do not have nor do I have an option to watch a trailer when I select a movie I DO have.

I am doing something wrong?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
strykervids

I wanted to provide some feedback regarding this.  I have been using local trailers on my Roku 3 since I bought it about 2 months ago.  Interesting enough that today I added 5 movies and the trailer option is not available but with my the other movies the trailer option is there.  I use Media Center Master for the xml data and it has the appropriate location for where the trailer is stored.  Any thoughts on why trailers was working if it is not supported?  Thoughts on why it disappeared on the new movies but still available on the old ones?

it depends. the location in xml doesn't matter. what matters is our naming conventions for trailer files.