Schimi

It´would be cool if MediaBrowser (i don´t now it´s a Server side think or a Plug-In thing) could Play Audiobooks "seperatly"

If i set a folder only for Audiobooks, i only can choise "music" as "Collection type"... but if i like to hear music. MediaBrowser use the Audibook files to play as "music"

It´s not so funny if you hear David Guetta and the next "Song" is a Part of Dieter Nuhr Audiobook ;-)

I hope anyone understand what i try to explain...

• 2 years later...

You can try out audio book support in the latest beta release of Emby Server. Simply create a library using the Books content type. Once scanned in you can play and resume just like you would expect with audio books. Please try it out and give us your feedback, we're listening. Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...
mediacowboy

@@Luke I am testing this out. One thing I don't like is that I have to drill down a couple of time to play my books. My folder structure is similar to that of how I do movies,

Click my Audiobooks Library

58660d6d6e82f_1.png

Then I select the book

58660d910f7d7_2.png

Then I have to select the book again

58660dad7f9b4_3.png

Then I am able to hit play

58660dca8660a_4.png

Is there something I am doing wrong? I would expect to be able to go into my library. Select the item and then get the play icon.

Also why I am not getting a picture on the forth picture I posted? When there is clearly a picture there from selecting the item.

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Also there is no way to mark a book as read once you start listening to it. For it to be cleared of resume point you have to start from the beginning of the book and stop it immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
turtlefacee

I have some more feedback on the audiobook section,

My audiobooks are split into multiple parts of around 8-10 hrs each in either mp3 or m4b format. for example Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is broken up into 3 parts, but when i click on the book it shows up as three parts, and has incorrect cover art. Other audiobook players take all the mp3s in a folder and assumes they are one book. So instead of it showing 3 parts of 8 hrs each, it will display it as one part of 24hrs. or when it finishes a part, it automatically moves onto the next part.

I know some of my friends keep them as hundreds of little mp3s, and it would be worse for them. 

0LEIFiX.png

MF3DhMb.png

tK3Tzye.jpg

it would be useful to have quick seek buttons, 1 minute back, 10 seconds back etc (look at the picture above)

Also, i tend to go to sleep listening to an audiobook, and the current app i use atm, has a sleep timer. If the phone doesnt detect any movement in 15 minutes, it stops the audiobook (Fades out slowly).

It does not display any metadata either

Some users will also be interested in increased playback speed 1.5x 2.0x faster etc.

Edited by turtlefacee

• 3 weeks later...
turtlefacee

Thanks for the report. We will support multi-file books in a future update. thanks !

any news on supporting multi-file audiobooks?

• 2 months later...
dredd1963

Hi any news on when audiobook will be able to show it's metadata please ?

dredd1963

Hi Luke. I cut and and pasted the plot line into the overview section via the metadata manager and saved it, but its not showing up in the title page.

Dibbes

any news on supporting multi-file audiobooks?

I'd like this as well... at this moment I'm using another app for audiobooks, but I'd like to put all media I have under Emby...

• 1 year later...