Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

CBers

In the system.xml file where the MetadataOptions start there is an ItemType of "Episode" that I changed the MinWidth of Backdrops to 1920.  That one isn't in the dashboard as an option to change.  Actually, I went ahead and changed everything that said 1280 to 1920 in that file. 

Ta :)

2.0.5a
Tidy up of index.html. Only HTML5 capable devices are now supported.
Possible fix for installation issues on some Blu-ray Disk players.
Disk art rotates while it pops up. (Yeah baby!)
Backdrop changes delayed to improve performance.
Media icons limited to six.
Fixed: Whole screen shifts up on long playlists and during playback.

• Like 4

shorty1483

Screen shifting gone and no third row of media icons. Only cosmetical, but the 3D icon is still shown 2 times instead of Video codec and resolution. In 2D files it looks good.

568d5a77711e1_IMAG0792.jpg

PS. My wife just asked why the disks do not spin permanently, no kidding! :P

• Like 2

Yes, it's picking up the 3D icon when looking for the resolution. I'll try to replicate that later.

shorty1483

Yes, it's picking up the 3D icon when looking for the resolution. I'll try to replicate that later.

Got a PM ;)

Should I do a SBS and TAB icon for MediaInfo so it can replace the resolution. I think the 3D format is in this case more interesting than the resolution.

Edited by shorty1483

FrostByte

2.0.5a

Disk art rotates while it pops up. (Yeah baby!)

Superb, much better than that constant spinning disc pic :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

shorty1483

Superb, much better than that constant spinning disc pic :)

I hate you all, and my wife too !!  :lol:  :lol:

What about these ones:

Side effect: They are simple to understand and cover Half and Full SBS/TAB stuff. I like the ones without the 3D most. Clean and simple.

568d660111d6c_media_SBS.png     568d661138f16_media_SBS2.png     568d661a84ef1_media_TAB.png     568d662390634_media_TAB2.png

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

FrostByte

What about these ones:

Side effect: They are simple to understand and cover Half and Full SBS/TAB stuff. I like the ones without the 3D most. Clean and simple.

How hard would it be to make ones like 2 & 4, but with the 3D in the middle and still be able to clearly see which one it was?  Just curious to see how that would look

CBers

I hate you all, and my wife too !! :lol::lol:

What about these ones:

You'll need all depending on the format of the 3D movie won't you?

shorty1483

How hard would it be to make ones like 2 & 4, but with the 3D in the middle and still be able to clearly see which one it was? Just curious to see how that would look

Will try tomorrow morning, bedtime now...[emoji6]

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

shorty1483

You'll need all depending on the format of the 3D movie won't you?

Yes

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

SamES

I've noticed that often the spinning disc loads before the cover has loaded which looks a bit odd.  I'm not sure if this is a delay while cover-art applies treatment, or just a slow response from the server.  I won't raise it as a bug, but it would be nice if it was possible to make sure the cover loaded before the disc, or the disc was hidden until the cover has loaded. Not a big issue either way.

• Like 1

I've noticed that often the spinning disc loads before the cover has loaded which looks a bit odd.  I'm not sure if this is a delay while cover-art applies treatment, or just a slow response from the server.  I won't raise it as a bug, but it would be nice if it was possible to make sure the cover loaded before the disc, or the disc was hidden until the cover has loaded. Not a big issue either way.

Done. Half second delay added in next beta. It's only noticeable on movies the first time you enter the details page while the server generates the images at the new higher resolution.

• Like 2

SamES

Done. Half second delay added in next beta. It's only noticeable on movies the first time you enter the details page while the server generates the images at the new higher resolution.

Thanks

gogreenpower

A totally non productive post but I've been away for 6 weeks and I can't wait to give this a try on my H series.

Loving your work

Green.

• Like 3

shorty1483

How hard would it be to make ones like 2 & 4, but with the 3D in the middle and still be able to clearly see which one it was?  Just curious to see how that would look

Next attempt....erm @@cmcg is it even possible to set that icons? Forgot to ask :D

568e221b105d1_mockup.png

568e218fdfe1c_media_TAB3.png  568e2198799e5_media_SBS3.png

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

Done.

568eaaf9ae06b_HSBS.png

@@shorty1483 One more request. Would it be possible for aspect_178.png to just say 16:9 instead? I think people are more familiar with what that means.

• Like 1

shorty1483

@@shorty1483 One more request. Would it be possible for aspect_178.png to just say 16:9 instead? I think people are more familiar with what that means.

It's already included in the GDrive linked zip I sent you on 13th Nov. It's called widescreen.png

Ultroman

This might be a stupid question, but does this and the SD-version share code-base? Like, are the same things fixed, and new features added, in both at the same time, so it is only the resolution and the size of images that changes?

• Like 2

Ultroman

Hey

Just installed this on my H-series. It is looking beautiful! It does lag a lot, though, but that must be all the waiting for higher resolution images or something. I don't really understand why my TV generally has such bad performance (it's also a bit laggy in some of the native menus), when it has a quad-core processor.

That being said, it looks like whenever I switch up/down in the 3-row-views, so a new row becomes visible, it reloads ALL the images, and not just the ones for the new row. It takes about a second to load a new row because of this, and it looks...not good. I can't remember if it was like this in the SD version, or if I just didn't notice because the images were smaller, so it went quicker. It seems like a waste of bandwidth and processing power, to reload everything for each row change.

EDIT: Yeah, SD version does that as well. Much more evident, dealying and annoying on the HD version.

Even without it changing rows, it takes about 500-1000ms to move from one title to the next. That's unbearable, so I will be going back to the SD version.

Beautiful work on the app, though! It looks fantastic!

Edited by Ultroman

It's already included in the GDrive linked zip I sent you on 13th Nov. It's called widescreen.png

So it is. I'll blame Chess for that I think :)

• Like 1