Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

Iriseyoufall

It replaces.

Thank you, I could always roll back? I read that people report slow-behavior on the H-series. I guess the H6410 is part of it aswell ? Maybe I should wait a bit with updating to this version

FrostByte

There are two different IPs for the 1.0.x SD version and the 2.0.x HD version.  It is fairly easy to delete the app and switch to the other. 

BTW: I am running the HD version on H series SmartHub and I don't really have any huge issue with it being slow

• Like 1

FrostByte

However, I believe the next 2.0.x release is supposed to bring some changes which address some of the issues of it being slower and you could just wait until they release that :)

Iriseyoufall

There are two different IPs for the 1.0.x SD version and the 2.0.x HD version.  It is fairly easy to delete the app and switch to the other. 

BTW: I am running the HD version on H series SmartHub and I don't really have any huge issue with it being slow

Thank you for the information. I wait a bit on the second version. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

Sounds good, they have really been working hard lately supporting both a SD and HD version and now are porting it over to Tizen.  I enjoy testing them all (and finding those bugs of course) and look forward to whatever they come up with next.  Hopefully, the next HD will be more to your liking.

• Like 1

Ultroman

I am both happy and sad that most people report acceptable conditions on H-series. It sucks, because then my TV might be a black sheep, but it's good that not everyone is experiencing crazy lags. I didn't know they were doing a Tizen version already. That's awesome!

I can't wait to hear how chessdragon's H-series tests go!

chessdragon136

@@Ultroman Are you able to take take a video on your phone of the app in action? I'd really like to see how bad it is. I can provide somewhere for you to upload the video to if required. 

Ultroman

@@Ultroman Are you able to take take a video on your phone of the app in action? I'd really like to see how bad it is. I can provide somewhere for you to upload the video to if required.

Good idea! Eliminate the possibility that I am an easily irritated person :D

I'll do it later today.

I'll just upload it to Sprend and PM you a link. Unless you have something immensely fast and/or easier for you.

Edited by Ultroman

chessdragon136

Haha that too (hopefully) - It is just difficult to know what some people judge as "acceptable" 

Not heard of Sprend but if that's what you know then by all means. 

Ultroman

I can understand that. If your menu slides out smoothly from the left, instead of popping out in one go, then my TV is the poop. You'll see what I mean on the video.

CBers

I can understand that. If your menu slides out smoothly from the left, instead of popping out in one go, then my TV is the poop. You'll see what I mean on the video.

Might it be worth posting the link here so people can compare their own experiences ?

• Like 2

On my F-Series the menu is not quite as smooth as the SD version but it's not as bad as your description. More like its a touch jerky. Things are gradually improving the the beta.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Same with my H-Series SmartHub device.  It's noticable, but nothing that will make me want to go back to the SD version.  Maybe I'm just so awed by the it being HD that I don't notice it though. 

The only time I've found it to be unbearable is when my server is running slow, then the app of course gets slower when loading images or using the menu.  That even happens with the SD version though

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

Ultroman

Here's the HD video - Youtube link

This is of my experience with the HD version on an H-series TV. I must admit it has gotten better, after an update has made the background image not change when navigating the 3-row view.

Here is the SD video - Youtube link

You can see that the two versions are miles apart in smoothness.

It might be my server, I dunno. It's a quad-core 4GHz i7, 16GB DDR3-3000 RAM, and it doesn't do anything but running Emby.

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 4

Ultroman

I think the weirdest difference, is the delay between clicking to navigate to another title, and it actually switching to it. It's instant on the SD version, and takes up to roughly 600ms on the HD version. Even without it changing background image for each navigation.

And of course, the left-menu.

I can't see how any of that choppiness can be due to my server.

FrostByte

I think we just have different definitions of what is so bad that we would want to fall back to the SD version.  That's about what I'm seeing on my H-series SmartHub, the only difference is that I'm using less rows so there is less posters it needs to draw every time you scroll.  I'm just going to stick with it and hopefully they will make improvements over time

CBers

@@Ultroman - I watched the HD version first and couldn't see a problem with it, until I watched the SD version and saw how it is much snappier.

Not sure going back to SD is worth it IMO but each to their own :)

Saying that, I can't see much visual difference between the SD and HD versions of the app.

Ultroman

Saying that, I can't see much visual difference between the SD and HD versions of the app.

Agreed. It's a choice of snappiness vs sharpness.

And, as I said, I must admit it has gotten better, after an update has made the background image not change when navigating in the 3-row view. Before that, the lag was terrible.

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 1