Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

FrostByte

Ahh...makes sense now :)

However, for some reason I can't find that one in the dashboard.  It's not listed as an option you can change under episodes in dashboard so I changed mine in the xml

• Like 1

shorty1483

Happy new year!

The OSD and Tools Menu reacts kind of weird when playing a 3D MKV (HSBS/HTAB). Most of the time, it doesn't show at all when pressing Info or Tools, but when it shows, the menu looks not normal. In old version it went well.

Cheers

SamES

OK,so I ignored the warnings and loaded this up on my ES8000.  Works fine, except for the already identified issues with box-shadow and cover-art, and the stuttering of the side menu when it opens.  Otherwise, at least on this model, 1080p seems fine for E-Series. Thanks @@cmcg

• Like 1

OK,so I ignored the warnings and loaded this up on my ES8000.  Works fine, except for the already identified issues with box-shadow and cover-art, and the stuttering of the side menu when it opens.  Otherwise, at least on this model, 1080p seems fine for E-Series. Thanks @@cmcg

Hey @@SamES , I was hoping you'd ignore my warning! Thanks very much for your testing.

I really didn't know if 1080p could work on E-Series. I'll update the first post to reflect this and other E-Series owners can give it a go.

deadnex

I have tested this version on my UE65JS8505 (Tizen), but is has the same problem that I experienced on the 1.0.x builds. The screen where you are supposed to enter server ip/address only displays a grey screen. I am currently running Emby for Samsung v.0.593 without any major issues, but it would be nice to find out what has changed in the newer builds causing them to fail to load on Tizen.

Edited by deadnex

2.0.4a
Added Shuffle option to play lists.
Removed box-shadow effect from images that use cover-art.
Better menu open/close animation response.
"Show disk art" now on by default. ('casue it's so cool!)
Notification box updated.
Music player icons updated.

• Like 5

deadnex

Tizen TVs are not currently supported. Sorry.

Correction to my previous post:

Added my server ip to server.js and repacked zip file seems to have fixed the problem. Now the server selection page was displayed correctly on my Tizen TV (still had to enter ip/server address though). I'm not sure if modifying server.js or repacking the zip file was the cure, but either way the app works perfectly and is very responsive.

In other words; I can confirm that Emby is working on my UE65JS8505 Tizen TV.

Edited by deadnex
  • Like 4

The app looks really awesome in 1080p. There is no way I'm coming back to the sd version!! Thanks @@cmcg

Edit: running on UE55H6500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by fc7
  • Like 2

CBers

2.0.4a

Added Shuffle option to play lists.

Removed box-shadow effect from images that use cover-art.

Better menu open/close animation response.

"Show disk art" now on by default. ('casue it's so cool!)

Notification box updated.

Music player icons updated.

No spinning disc yet ;)

Notification box?

FrostByte

Is it supposed to spin?  I don't see a spinning disc either, it does slowly rise up though which is kind of cool :)

Is it supposed to spin?  I don't see a spinning disc either, it does slowly rise up though which is kind of cool :)

No that was just a sugestion, it just pops up.

I think the idea was that it rotates a little as it pops up. Not that it kept spinning forever. That would be awful!

• Like 1

CBers

Is it supposed to spin? I don't see a spinning disc either, it does slowly rise up though which is kind of cool :)

Yes, just a suggestion, by @@shorty1483 I believe.

Would be cool if it spun a couple of times though ;)

I think Kodi does it in some skins, or is it in MBC.

• Like 2

shorty1483

Yes, just a suggestion, by @@shorty1483 I believe.

Would be cool if it spun a couple of times though ;)

I think Kodi does it in some skins, or is it in MBC.

I thought about Kodi too :D I like the style in the Titan Skin. And yes @@cmcg I was talking about ugly neverending spinning after popping out like in Kodi cause it looks pretty nice there  :P (for me personally)

568aa991d372c_Animation.gif

Edited by shorty1483

shorty1483

And after installing 2.0.4a I want to say again, that this freakin' app looks more and more hilarious from release to release. Absolutely no need to raspberrying around in my living room thanks to @@cmcg and @@chessdragon136

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

TheKamakaZi

@@cmcg, I have been playing around with 2.0.4a, and love the detail it brings. You're doing an excellent job here.

I've also been thinking about the lag issue. Would it be possible to delay the background loading until after the other elements have been loaded, either by event or timer?

The WMC app had similar issues when accessed via an XBox 360, and delaying the background loading made a major improvement to the fluidity of the UI.

EDIT: As a test to see its effect, could we try disabling backgrounds altogether? Maybe have the splash screen as the background continuously.

Edited by TheKamakaZi

@@cmcg, I have been playing around with 2.0.4a, and love the detail it brings. You're doing an excellent job here.

I've also been thinking about the lag issue. Would it be possible to delay the background loading until after the other elements have been loaded, either by event or timer?

The WMC app had similar issues when accessed via an XBox 360, and delaying the background loading made a major improvement to the fluidity of the UI.

EDIT: As a test to see its effect, could we try disabling backgrounds altogether? Maybe have the splash screen as the background continuously.

That's a good idea. I'll try it. Thanks.

@cmcg: is it possible that the subtitles fix for the problem of the missing last character (included in 1.0.2) is not included in this app? I'm having the same problem again in 2.0.4a.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by fc7

I thought about Kodi too :D I like the style in the Titan Skin. And yes @@cmcg I was talking about ugly neverending spinning after popping out like in Kodi cause it looks pretty nice there  :P (for me personally)

568aa991d372c_Animation.gif

Well for a start, the disk is popping out of the spine there. That's just wrong!

• Like 3

CBers

Ahh...makes sense now :)

However, for some reason I can't find that one in the dashboard. It's not listed as an option you can change under episodes in dashboard so I changed mine in the xml

What option did you change?

FrostByte

In the system.xml file where the MetadataOptions start there is an ItemType of "Episode" that I changed the MinWidth of Backdrops to 1920.  That one isn't in the dashboard as an option to change.  Actually, I went ahead and changed everything that said 1280 to 1920 in that file. 

Should look like this

<MetadataOptions>
      <ItemType>Episode</ItemType>
      <ImageOptions>
        <ImageOption>
          <Type>Backdrop</Type>
          <Limit>3</Limit>
          <MinWidth>1920</MinWidth>
        </ImageOption>
      </ImageOptions>
      <DisabledMetadataSavers>
        <string>Emby Xml</string>