Beta - 1080p Samsung Client

cmcg

Install from - 82.27.106.58

IMPORTANT - This beta version is in 1080p resolution. You should only attempt to install it on your 2012 E-Series, 2013 F-Series or 2014 H-Series devices. Each of these have been confirmed working by at least one forum member, but you should still exercise caution.

I know I had previously talked about making a 720p version but here's the thing, I started it and it looked exactly the same. I (literally) couldn't see the point. So here's a 1080p version instead. If it doesn't support your device, please try not to hate me too much, you're really not missing much from 720p.

Please let me know what devices you guys try this on and how it goes. I have a 2013 F-Series TV and it looks really good on that. 2011 D-Series devices and earlier are now NOT SUPPORTED.

Known issue - The music player icons still need replacing.

I'll be away over the new year but I'll check in on mobile.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 5

FrostByte

Loaded on my F8000 with evolution kit just fine.  Will try on my HTS here next. 

REQ: now that shuffle is working again can you add it back to playlists also?  I normally listen to my albums in order, but song playlists I like to have them suffle so I don't listen to songs in the same order all the time.  Plus my playlists get very long and don't always get to hear them all if playing in order.

Looks like a lot of hard work went into this.  Thanks and hope you and your family enjoy the New Year cmcg.

shorty1483

Will watch a movie tomorrow with my family.

The first look is great, as expected. Crystal clear look, I really like the moving Disc in Details page. Are you also able to let the disc spin (just outta interest)?

One question: The shadowed frame around the Cover in Movie details page is created in the server right or is it "box-shadow: 0px 0px 25px 3px rgba(0,0,0,1);" inside ".guiFilm_Poster" ? Because it's a bit annoying since the frame is larger than the covers when someone uses Coverart Plugin (e.g. ClearCase). Perhaps it'S similar to this one: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18046-custom-css-with-the-new-server-beta/page-8&do=findComment&comment=281219

Congrats to this version @@cmcg and a happy new year!

Edited by shorty1483

FrostByte

Just loaded on my F6500 Home Theater System.  Seems to be working well.  Thanks again cmcg for all the hard work

• Like 1

I really like the moving Disc in Details page. Are you also able to let the disc spin (just outta interest)?

Looks possible. If anyone hasn't seen this little animation I added, just enable "Show Disk Art" in user settings and go to movie details.

• Like 1

REQ: now that shuffle is working again can you add it back to playlists also?  I normally listen to my albums in order, but song playlists I like to have them suffle so I don't listen to songs in the same order all the time.  Plus my playlists get very long and don't always get to hear them all if playing in order.

Fixed in 1.0.4 / 2.0.4

• Like 1

shorty1483

One question: The shadowed frame around the Cover in Movie details page is created in the server right or is it "box-shadow: 0px 0px 25px 3px rgba(0,0,0,1);" inside ".guiFilm_Poster" ? Because it's a bit annoying since the frame is larger than the covers when someone uses Coverart Plugin (e.g. ClearCase).

I mean this frame:

5684f6d8c2b88_IMAG0786.jpg

Edited by shorty1483

It's a box-shadow effect. I could either get rid of it or use more and make them an option. I don't want to ruin cover-art.

The ideal would be to detect the image size returned by the server and make it fit. Not sure if that's possible.

• Like 2

SilentAssassin

Installed on a H6400. It seems quite sluggish though on this model, bringing up the left menu stutters amongst other things.

Also there is a bug with subtitle size, it doesn't show anything with new install and when you try to change you only get a few options in the high 50px.

• Like 1

CBers

Also there is a bug with subtitle size, it doesn't show anything with new install and when you try to change you only get a few options in the high 50px.

Same here with no value, but I have options 50 through to 70 I think, in 2px increments.

Not sure they make any difference when setting different values. Need to test a bit more.

Overall, I must admit to being a little underwhelmed, but I guess that is due to possibly not having 1080 images?

The icons and text are nice and crisp, just not the same with my images.

How do I ensure I download 1080 images on the server?

Oh right, I forgot to tell you to set the subtitle size.

The subtitles have the same number of options in the same increments. Only the the font sizes are doubled. You need to set it as otherwise I'd have had to delete your settings file just for this. Once you've set your subtitle size it should be the same as before.

FrostByte

I think I noticed it being a little bit more sluggish on my TV also.  I'm running H series hub also like SilentAssassin.  Nothing horribly slow though

FrostByte

The icons and text are nice and crisp, just not the same with my images.

How do I ensure I download 1080 images on the server?

You can set the minimum width of backdrop/fanart in metadata...services (by default I think it's set at 1280).  It appears to be downloading mostly 1920 on my system though

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

shorty1483

It's a box-shadow effect. I could either get rid of it or use more and make them an option. I don't want to ruin cover-art.

The ideal would be to detect the image size returned by the server and make it fit. Not sure if that's possible.

Setting the box shadow as option would be enough I think. People with no Coverart treatment can still enjoy a cool shadow then imo.

Installed on a H6400. It seems quite sluggish though on this model, bringing up the left menu stutters amongst other things.

Same here on H6200. But just image loading.

Performance is certainly an issue. We're pushing the systems caperbilities with this. The menu could snap open instead of sliding but that would be a shame. I already made it a bit thinner so it has less distance to travel.

• Like 1

shorty1483

@@cmcg

Recognized on both versions of the app that movies are missing in collections. But in WebClient and other Apps they are present :blink: .

I had this missing Collection items til yesterday everywhere but did a rescan of the library and Collection Plugin, so everythings complete. But somehow Sammy app ignores that :D. What can I do to fix this? I deinstalled old version with TV turning completely off etc to be sure no data is left from old app.

Edit: never mind, working now

Edited by shorty1483

CBers

You can set the minimum width of backdrop/fanart in metadata...services (by default I think it's set at 1280).  It appears to be downloading mostly 1920 on my system though

Yes, mine is still set to 1280.

So this should be 1920 then ??

FrostByte

Yep.  I think it downloads the highest rated backdrop on tmdb which is at least the size specified in your settings.  Normally, the highest rated backdrop is always 1920 anyway, but I guess there might be a few times when it might come into play and the highest rated backdrop isn't 1920

• Like 1

CBers

Yep.  I think it downloads the highest rated backdrop on tmdb which is at least the size specified in your settings.  Normally, the highest rated backdrop is always 1920 anyway, but I guess there might be a few times when it might come into play and the highest rated backdrop isn't 1920

Thanks.

Just changed the setting to a minimum of 1920 and refreshed all of my libraries !!

Let's see if that makes a difference :)

Yes, mine is still set to 1280.

So this should be 1920 then ??

I guess so. Note that it appear separately for each metadata type. I've set all mine to 1920 now. The other image type I'd like to increase is extracted episode images. Does anyone know if they can be set?

Backdrops and episode images are two of the things I had to stretch as we ran out of detail at 1080p. Series/Movie logos is another but the stretching is less noticeable there. It means we give away some of the increased resolution unless the source files can be made bigger. Episode images got stretched the most so you can probably see they are a bit softer than we'd like.

FrostByte

Let's see if that makes a difference :)

It will be a 1000 times better :)  Actually, I'm sure you won't see much a difference because most are probably 1920 already anyways

• Like 1

FrostByte

Backdrops and episode images are two of the things I had to stretch as we ran out of detail at 1080p. Series/Movie logos is another but the stretching is less noticeable there. It means we give away some of the increased resolution unless the source files can be made bigger. Episode images got stretched the most so you can probably see they are a bit softer than we'd like.

system.xml?

<MetadataOptions>
      <ItemType>Episode</ItemType>
      <ImageOptions>
        <ImageOption>
          <Type>Backdrop</Type>
          <Limit>3</Limit>
          <MinWidth>1280</MinWidth>
        </ImageOption>