Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes

Guardian Hope

Zodler

I was unable to change the view style in TV Shows for example. Unable to set it to poster or list or banner view. Is this correct?

Guardian Hope

thanks.. i did manage to get the skin installed by extracting the zip contents and moving to the addons folder.. so im good at this point, but i agree there must be something in the dependencies thats not right or relies on another skin to already be there that i didnt have

@MrWebsmith:

I also concur that something is either incorrectly listed in the dependencies or something is missing. When I spoke to @@im85288 about this a while ago it used to drive him crazy and he couldn't figure out what caused it. Perhaps that's why the final version of AZ:E went back to the other view menu selector rather than the one implemented in 2.0.8 which is what AZ:FA uses as it seems the problem was introduced with that.

However, the debug logs only ever show that it can't reach From Ashes' addon's xml file and I am honestly running out of ideas. I think I know how @@im85288 felt. I know minus0 is taking a look into making sure it works on Android, perhaps he'll stumble upon something I am missing because I look at a lot of code all day whether it's for state-of-the-art technology or a skin for Kodi so sometimes you get "code-blind" as I like to call it and when you think you see something but it's actually not there or you type something for the wrong application.

Version 3.0.02 introduced the removal of "script.duration" - I wonder if that's causing the install to fail? I am open to suggestions from everyone in trying to track this down as I can't move forward until we get install working again without sideloading the skin.

I was unable to change the view style in TV Shows for example. Unable to set it to poster or list or banner view. Is this correct?

@Zodler: Skin view selection should be working correctly. This has been confirmed by multiple sources on multiple platforms. 

nekromantik

With latest version and Trakt I am seeing an issue with colouring,

On the trakt dialogue boxes to rate a show you cant see what your selecting as the background is white and so is the selector.

MasterPhW

Since the beginning I#m missing the option to show the description of the movie/tv series after a few seconds, like it was available in the orignal Arctic Zephyr. Is it still available or could you (re)add it, when it is missing for this great mod?

MrLinford

Install still failed to install. Will keep an eye out for when it works

Join the dark side, we have cookies.

Guardian Hope

With latest version and Trakt I am seeing an issue with colouring,

On the trakt dialogue boxes to rate a show you cant see what your selecting as the background is white and so is the selector.

Please wait until the 3.2.03 release and let me know if you are still having issues.

Since the beginning I#m missing the option to show the description of the movie/tv series after a few seconds, like it was available in the orignal Arctic Zephyr. Is it still available or could you (re)add it, when it is missing for this great mod?

You should just be able to press "info" or the "down arrow" twice on your remote to bring up the description of the title you are watching but I will check it again.

Install still failed to install. Will keep an eye out for when it works

Join the dark side, we have cookies.

Well, we figured out why some could always install AZ:FA and others could not. script.skin.info.service is still currently deeply embedded into the skin and when I removed it's requirement as I thought I had moved it far enough a long to not need it anymore that's when all of this started.

An update will be released later tonight (I just got my new Western Digital Re drives to replace failing Seagates) with a corrected addons.xml file and color picker fixes.

I'm going to tag @@im85288 to see if it's okay to copy over a copy of the legacy script.skin.info.service to Jarvis' repository for Emby until I can get through all the legacy code that needs to be replaced and supplemented. Apparently, it runs perfectly fine under Jarvis too.

The release schedule should be: 3.2.03 (tonight/tomorrow) -> 3.2.04 (this upcoming week) -> 3.2.10 (this is the big update that should remove most if not all legacy code).

• Like 3

MasterPhW

You should just be able to press "info" or the "down arrow" twice on your remote to bring up the description of the title you are watching but I will check it again.

The release schedule should be: 3.2.03 (tonight/tomorrow) -> 3.2.04 (this upcoming week) -> 3.2.10 (this is the big update that should remove most if not all legacy code).

In the Original AZ it's called show plot overlay after 3 seconds and you can find it in settings\furniture\...

It's nice, since you don't have to press anything and increases the WAF exponential. ;)

Guardian Hope
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (mid-March 2016 Update)
Version: 3.2.03

After an entire month of waiting I am pleased to announce the general availability of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (mid-March 2016 Update). Version 3.2.03 introduces a number of fixes including a workaround to the installation problem being faced by some users as well as an enhanced color selector available on all platforms courtesy of minus0. Please note that due to this update, you should refer back to the first post to ensure you have met the requirements. Otherwise the installation will fail!

Get It Now!

Available in the Emby Beta Repository for Kodi Jarvis

Github Readme Updated

The GitHub Readme file has been updated with essential information about installing the skin modification to ensure it is as smooth as possible until the legacy code is removed. The first post of this thread has also been updated with this information.

The Changelog:

3.2.03 (3.2.03_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.03"
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "mid-March 2016 Update"
Restores Requirement for "script.skin.info.service" as required for current legacy code
Enhances Color Selector on all platforms (Contributor: minus0 [Kodi Forums, Page 5])
Restores Color Selector on all platforms (Contributor: minus0 [Kodi Forums, Page 5])
Essential Changes for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes 3.2.04 release

Edited by Guardian Hope
  • Like 1

nekromantik

Skin no longer shows in beta repo 1.05 if you select "hide incompatible" but only happens in SPMC.

Its based on Kodi Jarvis so should work.

Update works well on Kodi however. 

Edited by nekromantik

BarryAmerika

Skin no longer shows in beta repo 1.05 if you select "hide incompatible" but only happens in SPMC.

After the skin updated yesterday in SPMC, skin was marked incompatible (missing dependencies). I kept using the skin and didn't disable, still running just fine. Dependencies mentioned in first post, I think one of these updated immediately afterwards. Will see what happens on next restart.

DomUK89

edit: It works now. I downloaded the skin zip from the first page manually, and installed the skin from that. Perhaps there's something wrong with my system config.

Latest update breaks it for me. When I loaded it up today, it had reverted to confluence. Installation fails when I try to re install from the Beta Repo.

I referred to the first post and installed the two dependencies, but it still doesn't work. I am running Jarvis 16 Beta 4.

Here's the error log.

12:17:21 T:139899920529152   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

Please let me know if you need anything else.  Thanks!

Edited by DomUK89

Guardian Hope

In the Original AZ it's called show plot overlay after 3 seconds and you can find it in settings\furniture\...

It's nice, since you don't have to press anything and increases the WAF exponential. ;)

@@MasterPhW - I see no reason not to have it added back in. I thought it already had it as I remember seeing something similar but it may have been taken out during the last of the backports for stability of the legacy code until it can be updated.

If it's something simple: expect it in 3.2.04 and if it's a little more complicated expect it in 3.2.10 (the followup to 3.2.04).

@@nekromantik - You are correct in that theoretically it should work as it's based on Kodi but it's possible that something is a little different; at least just enough to cause it to mark the skin incompatible.

I am glad to hear it is working well on base Kodi however!

After the skin updated yesterday in SPMC, skin was marked incompatible (missing dependencies). I kept using the skin and didn't disable, still running just fine. Dependencies mentioned in first post, I think one of these updated immediately afterwards. Will see what happens on next restart.

@@BarryAmerika - I hope you have it up and running smoothly on SPMC with the dependencies that were required but can't be found in the repositories. The next major release (3.2.10) should remove all of those missing dependencies for the legacy code. However, since that's a big update it will need to be throughly vetted.

I don't own an Android device so I can never predict how the skin will react on Android.

edit: It works now. I downloaded the skin zip from the first page manually, and installed the skin from that. Perhaps there's something wrong with my system config.

Latest update breaks it for me. When I loaded it up today, it had reverted to confluence. Installation fails when I try to re install from the Beta Repo.

I referred to the first post and installed the two dependencies, but it still doesn't work. I am running Jarvis 16 Beta 4.

Here's the error log.

12:17:21 T:139899920529152   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

Please let me know if you need anything else.  Thanks!

@@DomUK89 - First, update Kodi Jarvis from Beta 4 to Kodi Jarvis 16 Release or Kodi Jarvis 16.1 Release Candidate 1. The error you are receiving is related to the fact your version of Kodi seems to be unable to parse the addon.xml file which tells Kodi what the skin requires (and it does require the legacy plugins to support the legacy code until the next major update).

Your issue may be related to an issue brought to my attention on the Kodi forums: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257970&page=6 which I need to bring to @@marcelveldt's attention as I have never heard of a plugin causing Kodi to delete the theme files. 

However, until they produce their debug logs, I can't replicate the issue but know it's solved by pulling the latest Skin Helper Service from Emby's Beta Repo.

Nevertheless, for you I would first tell you to update Kodi to the latest version, install all the prerequisites, and then install the the skin again. If you are still getting the issue a closer look will need to be taken but there is no known installation issues with this release.

nekromantik

@@nekromantik - You are correct in that theoretically it should work as it's based on Kodi but it's possible that something is a little different; at least just enough to cause it to mark the skin incompatible.

I am glad to hear it is working well on base Kodi however!

Any suggestions to make it work?

I downloaded all the dependencies from first post but still nothing.

BarryAmerika

@@BarryAmerika - I hope you have it up and running smoothly on SPMC with the dependencies that were required but can't be found in the repositories. The next major release (3.2.10) should remove all of those missing dependencies for the legacy code. However, since that's a big update it will need to be throughly vetted.

I don't own an Android device so I can never predict how the skin will react on Android.

I was just meaning to say that despite warnings and such it is working great and always has, after a restart I have had no more warnings about incompatibilities.

I should probably mention that I didn't actually install the skin with SPMC, I copied my entire configuration across from Kodi so the original install has gone through several updates since it was first installed and I already had all dependencies. I also have Eunique and dependencies installed, but not in use. It's just a little too demanding on android. Usable but not quite snappy. AZ:FA works very nicely with my lower powered devices, as did AZ:Exploded.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm still having trouble installing the skin. On a fresh install of Kodi Jarvis rc1 with both of the dependencies installed and the 1.0.5 beta repo the skin is listed as incompatible (lists version 3.2.03). When trying to install from the zip it fails with the following error:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

laststar

Update works a treat.

You wouldn't be able to tell me what the original blue colour code (pre update) was for the colour picker, Really like that tone.

• Like 1

Guardian Hope

http://imgur.com/a/8sNtk

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (late-March 2016 Update)

Version: 3.2.04

Two releases in a row? Now how many times can we say that has happened? Today's small Good Friday update brings us a long awaited feature: a feature so smart that it will actually tell you if you're missing any of the legacy components. A feature so smart that it will tell you exactly what build and what version you are running on what platform. A feature so great in its usefulness that I don't know why nobody thought of it sooner. About From Ashes has arrived.

With a single screenshot you can now provide me (and everyone else here) everything we would need to know to help you fix your problems.

And yes... I really did build up an "About Page."

GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/dormer/3.2.04/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.04.zip

Available in the Emby Beta Repository for Kodi Jarvis

@@laststar - the blue happens to be in the color selector; it's actually the one used in the screenshot. I can recheck the hex codes again but I'm pretty certain that's it.

@@MasterPhW - looks like there will be a 3.2.05 just for that video overlay at the start :) - my internet had been down all day so I never got the chance to actually look at it.

Edited by Guardian Hope

MasterPhW

Thanks for looking into it and releasing a new version "just for me".
Waiting for it to happen!

Your skin mod and the Eminence 2 mod are the best out there, because the authors are listening and updating their skins based on suggestions and bug reports of the users.
Thanks for all the hard work.

Edited by MasterPhW

Hey guys I'm still not able to install the new version. The skin is no longer listed as incompatible which is good, but when installing it gets to about 20% and then fails. The error log again shows:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes

Any suggestions?

Guardian Hope

Thanks for looking into it and releasing a new version "just for me".

Waiting for it to happen!

Your skin mod and the Eminence 2 mod are the best out there, because the authors are listening and updating their skins based on suggestions and bug reports of the users.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Thank you for the support and kind words! The update is officially in progress; the branch has been created and some of the required changes have already been implemented. It will also give me the time to default the texture colors from pink to white even though everyone has access to being able to select whatever color they choose. If I can get the XBT Texture compressor/extractor working there will be an update to a multitude of icons included in 3.2.05 which will lay even more of the ground work for 3.2.10.

However, I don't anticipate release until early April. The release has already been entitled the "early-April 2016 Update."

Hey guys I'm still not able to install the new version. The skin is no longer listed as incompatible which is good, but when installing it gets to about 20% and then fails. The error log again shows:

Any suggestions?

As all installation issues have been essentially squashed you should not be receiving this error. The only known method at the moment to get this message is on an Andropid device running SPMC which has been reported but resolving it is proving to be an issue as it can't be replicated.

If you are download from GitHub: The folder inside the zip gets appended with the suffix "-master." Remove "-master" and it will install. 

If you are downloading from Emby Beta Repo or Enterprise CDN: Ensure all pre-requisites are installed (outlined in first post).

If all else fails: Extract the zip to %AppData%\Kodi\addons (or your OS equivalent) and you can enable it through Kodi's settings. Then go to "About From Ashes" and make sure you are running the latest release build: dormer@a58b9d6. Also make sure that the legacy components are reported with a version number.

As all installation issues have been essentially squashed you should not be receiving this error. The only known method at the moment to get this message is on an Andropid device running SPMC which has been reported but resolving it is proving to be an issue as it can't be replicated.

If you are download from GitHub: The folder inside the zip gets appended with the suffix "-master." Remove "-master" and it will install. 

If you are downloading from Emby Beta Repo or Enterprise CDN: Ensure all pre-requisites are installed (outlined in first post).

If all else fails: Extract the zip to %AppData%\Kodi\addons (or your OS equivalent) and you can enable it through Kodi's settings. Then go to "About From Ashes" and make sure you are running the latest release build: dormer@a58b9d6. Also make sure that the legacy components are reported with a version number.

Thanks for the reply. I've sideloaded the skin and from what I can tell all the legacy components are as required? Screenshot below. I was using the Emby Beta Repo. The only thing that doesn't seem to be working at the moment is there's no run time shown on the info screen of media files. I'm not sure if that's related to the install issue.

56f761366b8bc_ArcticAbout.png

Guardian Hope

Thanks for the reply. I've sideloaded the skin and from what I can tell all the legacy components are as required? Screenshot below. I was using the Emby Beta Repo. The only thing that doesn't seem to be working at the moment is there's no run time shown on the info screen of media files. I'm not sure if that's related to the install issue.

56f761366b8bc_ArcticAbout.png

That does look like how it should but I have a feeling something was missed. Try this and it works let me know: remove the sideloaded theme, install script.duration from here: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/script.duration/script.duration-0.2.2.zip and then try to install the skin normally.

If it works than 3.2.05 will reimpose the requirement for it temporarily. Sorry to make you the guinea pig @@ezpz but I wasn't sure if that script is embedded beyond video playback information.

That does look like how it should but I have a feeling something was missed. Try this and it works let me know: remove the sideloaded theme, install script.duration from here: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/script.duration/script.duration-0.2.2.zip and then try to install the skin normally.

If it works than 3.2.05 will reimpose the requirement for it temporarily. Sorry to make you the guinea pig @@ezpz but I wasn't sure if that script is embedded beyond video playback information.

Unfortunately no good @@Guardian Hope. I completely wiped my Kodi install and re-installed fresh with the prerequisites as well as script.duration but the install fails at the 20% mark again when installing all the addons. It seems to fail straight after installing service.nextup.notification so perhaps it's whatever is supposed to happen after that which is causing the issue?

10:40:13 T:192176   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0CF3C910) http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/service.nextup.notification/service.nextup.notification-1.0.16.zip
10:40:14 T:192176   DEBUG: CCurlFile::Open - effective URL: <http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/addons/jarvis/service.nextup.notification/service.nextup.notification-1.0.16.zip>
10:40:16 T:73872   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:40:16 T:159520    INFO: initializing python engine.
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): start processing
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py"
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification;C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.addon.signals\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.nextup.notification" dependent on version 2.20.0 of the xbmc.python api
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> Starting NextUp Service
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> ======== START NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION ========
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> KODI Version: 16.1-RC1 Git:20160306-46d1480
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Version: 1.0.16
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> Platform: Windows
10:40:18 T:192176   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes
10:40:18 T:73872   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://repository.beta.emby.kodi/xbmc.gui.skin)
10:40:18 T:73872   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://repository.beta.emby.kodi/xbmc.gui.skin]
10:40:18 T:183604   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
10:40:18 T:183604   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 183604 terminating
10:40:19 T:73872    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://embydata.com (easy=134611E0, multi=11944170)

Guardian Hope

Unfortunately no good @@Guardian Hope. I completely wiped my Kodi install and re-installed fresh with the prerequisites as well as script.duration but the install fails at the 20% mark again when installing all the addons. It seems to fail straight after installing service.nextup.notification so perhaps it's whatever is supposed to happen after that which is causing the issue?

10:40:13 T:192176   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0CF3C910) http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/service.nextup.notification/service.nextup.notification-1.0.16.zip
10:40:14 T:192176   DEBUG: CCurlFile::Open - effective URL: <http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/addons/jarvis/service.nextup.notification/service.nextup.notification-1.0.16.zip>
10:40:16 T:73872   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
10:40:16 T:159520    INFO: initializing python engine.
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): start processing
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py"
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification;C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.addon.signals\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification
10:40:16 T:159520   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.nextup.notification\service.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.nextup.notification" dependent on version 2.20.0 of the xbmc.python api
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> Starting NextUp Service
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> ======== START NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION ========
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> KODI Version: 16.1-RC1 Git:20160306-46d1480
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Version: 1.0.16
10:40:16 T:159520  NOTICE: NEXTUP SERVICE NOTIFICATION Service -> Platform: Windows
10:40:18 T:192176   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes
10:40:18 T:73872   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://repository.beta.emby.kodi/xbmc.gui.skin)
10:40:18 T:73872   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [addons://repository.beta.emby.kodi/xbmc.gui.skin]
10:40:18 T:183604   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
10:40:18 T:183604   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 183604 terminating
10:40:19 T:73872    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://embydata.com (easy=134611E0, multi=11944170)

@@ezpz - so far I have been unable to replicate your issue. I simply install the (original) pre-requisites and the Kodi Beta Repository and simply click "Install" to install the skin. I have done this on several Windows virtual machines which serve as testing scenarios for the skin before a release is published. I also tested it against OS X 10.11.3 with no issues as well.

I will keep track of reports of it but so far you are the only one to report this issue.

For the record however, if Kodi installs addons in the order that they are listed within addons.xml than the Skin Helper Service would have been next: 

<import addon="service.nextup.notification" version="1.0.15"/>
<import addon="script.skin.helper.service" version="1.0.60"/>

For everyone else: The early-April 2016 update will soon be arriving with a few additions including the return of the info banner upon start of playback (it will appear for 8 seconds), an update to the "About From Ashes" page, and it's looking more and more likely that I will be able to add in the new textures to replace the older icon textures.

Starting with the early-April 2016 release two versions of From Ashes will be made available at every update: the Bluestone "dormer" build for Kodi 16 Jarvis and the Bluestone "danvers" build for Kodi 17 Krypton for those brave enough to actually run Kodi 17.

While this may seem like more work it's actually not. Kodi 16's changes are required for Kodi 17 and Kodi 17 exposes a few new APIs that will help improve the skin. However, all updates will continue on the dormer build line and simply be pushed upstream to danvers. There is absolutely no guarantee that the danvers builds will actually function correctly right now and they don't exist on GitHub publicly yet (it's in a private repository).

P.S. Just in case you're wondering, yes, "Danvers" is a reference to Supergirl because the extent of my comic book knowledge are the Marvel movies and Supergirl:)

Nazgulled

This question has probably been asked but I can't find an answer... What does this skin do or has that the original doesn't? Is this optimized for Emby somehow? What am I missing?