Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes

Guardian Hope

loadamasta

@@Guardian Hope: it seems that you are right regarding skin.helper issues with originally installed Arctic Zephyr skin. I just deleted all Zephyr skins and reinstalled from ashes as well as exloded. Now, view changing works on booth skins. By the way: openelec is also running as 64x on intel NUC which are very powerful devices. Your skin runs very well on it

laststar

Great Skin!

A couple of things I was wondering, firstly as above, I can't get the views to change under the movies menu, its currently listed as big icons and doesn't give the option to change. 

The same goes for tv shows, however this is more apparent when navigating into the season view level and episode view level. Both are unable to have their views changed, i've done the above with deleting and reinstalling the skin but it hasn't worked. I did previously have arctic zephyr installed.

My other question was simply to do with the colourings for the New and makes as watched logos. They are currently a bright pink, are we able to changes the colour of these as a nice blue would go great.

I'm also not getting any Disk images displayed either. 

Again well done on the great work!!

Edited by laststar

@fothat - if for some reason you can't download Arctic Zephyr you could always try to just download the zip (I always post two links to the zip files) and see if that works.

I actually just checked the 'skins' menu again tonight and AZ:FA was there.  No changes on my end.  Was able to install it fine.

However, like some others, I am unable to change the default view for a given item.  The defaults are different depending on the entry point.

I am using Kodi on the Shield.

- All movies defaults to the movie covers (forget view name)

- Unwatched movies defaults to the list view.

- Sets defaults to the list view.

On the home screen is there anyway to change it so more than one item appears in the main widget - or so that the widget repeats?  i.e. so you can see more than one movie at a time.

Also, on the widgets menu item, I am not clear how to use widget 1-7. When I click on them, all I can do is add/change the name.

Edited by foghat

BarryAmerika

I installed from the repo on a shield today too foghat. I had Eunique installed first so I'm not sure if that added any widget options. I'm using the vertical menu and chose different widgets to the default and have multiple items in my home screen. Under customise homescreen I have...

On TV I am using - Ongoing Episodes widget

Movies - Recent Movies widget.

If they aren't there perhaps install Eunique first?

I like Eunique but even in low power mode it's a little sluggish. On my HTPC it goes great.

I actually just checked the 'skins' menu again tonight and AZ:FA was there.  No changes on my end.  Was able to install it fine.

However, like some others, I am unable to change the default view for a given item.  The defaults are different depending on the entry point.

On the home screen is there anyway to change it so more than one item appears in the main widget - or so that the widget repeats?  i.e. so you can see more than one movie at a time.

Also, on the widgets menu item, I am not clear how to use widget 1-7. When I click on them, all I can do is add/change the name.

I installed from the repo on a shield today too foghat. I had Eunique installed first so I'm not sure if that added any widget options. I'm using the vertical menu and chose different widgets to the default and have multiple items in my home screen. Under customise homescreen I have...

I like Eunique but even in low power mode it's a little sluggish. On my HTPC it goes great.

I do have Eunique installed.  When I select the 'widgets' left nav option I see the items 'widget 1' through widget  7 (i think it goes to 7), but no way to actually assign anything to the widget - when I select any of them, I just get prompted to add a name and that is it.

I tried installing the latest version 3.1.0.1 in the repo and also manually adding the zip but neither are working for me. I keep getting an error about loading skin shortcuts?

Here are the relevant logs:

1. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  2. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 93, in buildMenu
  3. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:     self.writexml( profilelist, mainmenuID, groups, numLevels, buildMode, progress, options, minitems )
  4. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 591, in writexml
  5. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:     tree.write( path, encoding="UTF-8" )
  6. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 802, in write
  7. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:     file = open(file_or_filename, "wb")
  8. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR: IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\addons\\skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes\\16x9\\script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml'
  9. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\media\Fonts\
  10. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://home/media/Fonts/
  11. 01:30:36 T:13400  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG_FREEMEM"
  12. 01:30:36 T:13400  NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 2.
  13. 01:30:36 T:7796   DEBUG: ------ Window Init () ------
  14. 01:30:36 T:13400   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Profile found: Master user (special://masterprofile/)
  15. 01:30:36 T:13400   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: No hash list
  16. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  17. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 198, in shouldwerun
  18. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:     hashes = ast.literal_eval( xbmcvfs.File( os.path.join( __masterpath__ , xbmc.getSkinDir() + ".hash" ) ).read() )
  19. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\ast.py", line 49, in literal_eval
  20. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:     node_or_string = parse(node_or_string, mode='eval')
  21. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\ast.py", line 37, in parse
  22. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:     return compile(source, filename, mode, PyCF_ONLY_AST)
  23. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:   File "<unknown>", line 0
  24. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR:     ^
  25. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR: SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing
  26. 01:30:36 T:7796   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml) ------
  27. 01:30:36 T:13400   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Building menu for profile Master user
  28. 01:30:36 T:7580  NOTICE: EMBY VideoNodes -> Clearing nodes properties.
  29. 01:30:37 T:13400   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Failed to write menu
  30. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
  31. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 93, in buildMenu
  32. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR:     self.writexml( profilelist, mainmenuID, groups, numLevels, buildMode, progress, options, minitems )
  33. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\Colin\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 591, in writexml
  34. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR:     tree.write( path, encoding="UTF-8" )
  35. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 802, in write
  36. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR:     file = open(file_or_filename, "wb")
  37. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR: IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\addons\\skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes\\16x9\\script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml'
  38. 01:30:37 T:13400  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

BarryAmerika

Foghat

I think you might be looking in the wrong place.

Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Home > Customise home menu

Then set the widget for each view type.

Edited by BarryAmerika

Foghat

I think you might be looking in the wrong place.

Settings > Appearance > Skin > Settings > Home > Customise home menu

Then set the widget for each view type.

Right, I see what you are saying and, yes, I can configure a different widget to show up for each view type.  Though I don't see an 'unwatched' option.  That aside, my orignal question was is there any way to show more than one item at a time for a given widget for a given view type.  i.e. if I am showing recent movies, can I see more than one recent movie at a time on the home screen?

BarryAmerika

Yes.

I don't know how to take a screen shot with the shield so I will try and take a photo for you of my home screen (s) with this set up.

Also, as mentioned I am using VERTICAL layout, not sure if this makes a difference.

Also worth noting, WEATHER wont display on the homescreen until you point it to a fanart directory and set location. I'm using the Dr Toxic fanart pack ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183341 )

EDIT - found this post http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19594-arctic-zephyr-exploded/page-58&do=findComment&comment=236916which shows vertical menu, I'll screen shot for you in a few hours when I can get to the shield. My PCs are set up with Eunique.

Edited by BarryAmerika

BarryAmerika

OK Foghat, screenshots - settings and homescreen views. Album doesn't seem to preview in order, but you'll get the gist.

http://imgur.com/a/wtDzY

The only other thing I can think of is I remember somewhere a checkbox enabling certain emby playlists but haven't found it yet - maybe it's in the initial sync with emby. Perhaps check there if you don't have these widget options.

OK Foghat, screenshots - settings and homescreen views. Album doesn't seem to preview in order, but you'll get the gist.

The only other thing I can think of is I remember somewhere a checkbox enabling certain emby playlists but haven't found it yet - maybe it's in the initial sync with emby. Perhaps check there if you don't have these widget options.

Thanks!  I definitely do not see that view with multiples showing.  Though I am not using the vertical layout.  Will give that a try tonight.

Guardian Hope

So this is going to be a big post but bare with me as I try to answer everyone's questions and bug reports in the order they were posted.

@@Guardian Hope: it seems that you are right regarding skin.helper issues with originally installed Arctic Zephyr skin. I just deleted all Zephyr skins and reinstalled from ashes as well as exloded. Now, view changing works on booth skins. By the way: openelec is also running as 64x on intel NUC which are very powerful devices. Your skin runs very well on it

Yes, now that I know where people are facing the view change issues at I can address them. At the moment, since a lot of it is still being back ported to try and avoid the changes made when "Emby View" was going to be a thing for AZ:E, there are obviously a few issues such as the fact that the theme has code in it pointing to the "Arctic Zephyr Skin Helper Jarvis service" which isn't actually a thing anymore and until I get to addressing it view changes apart from the home screen which should be 100% working might be a hit or miss.

I'm not exactly certain how far they got with AZ:E being handed off to the normal skin helper service but there is a version of files I do have on my hard drive consisting of the "start of the changes" which wasn't exactly very descriptive. It could be pushed out (untested) this week before I depart for half the month but if it broke something no one would be around to fix it until I got back. AZ:E likely installed what AZ:FA is missing from its prerequisites when you reinstalled AZ:E before AZ:FA which is why the views now change properly for you.

That's a pretty good workaround until AZ:FA is transitioned into being able to not rely on what is now a non-existent addon.

Great Skin!

A couple of things I was wondering, firstly as above, I can't get the views to change under the movies menu, its currently listed as big icons and doesn't give the option to change. 

The same goes for tv shows, however this is more apparent when navigating into the season view level and episode view level. Both are unable to have their views changed, i've done the above with deleting and reinstalling the skin but it hasn't worked. I did previously have arctic zephyr installed.

My other question was simply to do with the colourings for the New and makes as watched logos. They are currently a bright pink, are we able to changes the colour of these as a nice blue would go great.

I'm also not getting any Disk images displayed either. 

Again well done on the great work!!

Firstly, thank you! Now to address your concerns.

It is odd that your movies menu is stuck in "big icons" as AZ:FA defaults to "list" usually beyond the home menu since the code for view changes beyond the depth of the home screen needs to be changed which is something I haven't gotten to doing yet. As stated above, view changes beyond the home screen depth are going to be a little "hit or miss" until I get to fixing it which I do apologize for.

As for the colours, you are quite correct. The bright pink is an error that will be rectified. It's actually supposed to be a white indicator but I wouldn't mind making it a blue indicator - especially since I want to move the default colours from the Black/Orange to Black/Blue which is really a process of reversing the hex codes but the default one has a lot more defined which is why I can't just simply rename it and call it a day but have to sit down and do it when I have time. It's also why pink is still the indicator colour for watched. So that will be addressed. 

Finally, for disc images I am not certain what could be causing this except for two things: 1) the option is turned off (it's in Skin Settings I believe); or 2) you are missing the addon which provides the CD Art. It's likely the former and not the latter.

This is probably because I had uploaded the updated version of AZ:FA (I have repo access to push changes without the time delay).

As addressed above in this post, views beyond the home screen depth still need to be re-coded for Jarvis as it's depending on an addon that doesn't exist. It should default anything beyond the home screen depth to list view but apparently - as you and one other have pointed out, it appears to be defaulting based on entry point.

It will be addressed in short order but it might have to wait until I get back later this month.

As for the widgets - I honestly can't answer that because I have never used them myself. For me, this is a learning process as well but fortunately @@im85288 and @@badaas did an amazing job that makes it much easier to learn but I still have to go through things individually to see how things are done before implementing changes.

Widgets aren't something I have explored into yet so I can't give any answers to anyone having widget issues whatsoever as I have never used them - ever. I will look further into them when I get back but view changes seem to have hit the highest on the priority list.

Very nice skin.

Can anyone tell me how to change on home the selected text size (like it does on amber skin).

I don't know if you can do that but I can look into it.

A rule of thumb: if you could do it in AZ:E you can do it in AZ:FA. If you couldn't do it in AZ:E you can't do it in AZ:FA.

The only exception to that rule is view changes beyond the home screen depth which will involve a few code changes.

I tried installing the latest version 3.1.0.1 in the repo and also manually adding the zip but neither are working for me. I keep getting an error about loading skin shortcuts?

Here are the relevant logs:

1. 01:30:36 T:13400   ERROR: IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\addons\\skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes\\16x9\\script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml'
  2. 01:30:37 T:13400   ERROR: IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Kodi\\addons\\skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes\\16x9\\script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml'
  3. 01:30:37 T:13400  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Kodi can't read the AZ:FA Skin Shortcuts Includes files. Please check that your user account has access to reading the directory. Of important note, addons are usually installed to %AppData%\Kodi\addons and not to %ProgramFiles%\Kodi\addons. 

Aside from that, Kodi's log may show a few python error messages in this version of AZ:FA from the Skin Shortcuts service that will be resolved. It is a pre-release after all.

However, what you are experiencing is a file system permissions issue rather than a Kodi or theme issue. 

Thanks!  I definitely do not see that view with multiples showing.  Though I am not using the vertical layout.  Will give that a try tonight.

Those are the default home views and they should be working normally. You'll run into view issues beyond the home screen depth as iterated above in this rather long post.

If I have time before I depart for the other side of the country for half the month: I will push out an update to fix the views beyond the home screen depth. Otherwise it won't be fixed until I get back. However, this is the issue that has taken the highest priority to resolve.

• Like 1

papadcha

I don't know if you can do that but I can look into it.

A rule of thumb: if you could do it in AZ:E you can do it in AZ:FA. If you couldn't do it in AZ:E you can't do it in AZ:FA.

The only exception to that rule is view changes beyond the home screen depth which will involve a few code changes.

I found what have to be done.

In font.xml the following lines must be added in every fontset.

After the </font> in line 66 and 332 for fontsets Default and Large

<font>

<name>LargeBoldMenu</name>

<filename>RobotoCondensed-Bold.ttf</filename>

<size>74</size>

</font>

After the </font> in line 467 for fontset Arial.

<font>

<filename>Arial.ttf</filename>

<size>74</size>

</font>

After the </font> in line 601 for fontset Rexlia

<font>

<filename>rexlia-rg.ttf</filename>

<size>74</size>

After the </font> in line 730 for fontset Plasmatic

<font>

<filename>plasmatic-regular.ttf</filename>

<size>74</size>

</font>

After the </font> in line 864 for fontset nk57

<font>

<filename>nk57-monospace-no-sb.ttf</filename>

<size>74</size>

</font>

After the </font> in line 998 for fontset Sui

<font>

<filename>sui-generis-rg.ttf</filename>

<size>74</size>

</font>

After that we have to change the following line to Includes_Home.xml to point to the new font we add.

we change the line 1624 from <font>LargeBoldReg</font> to <font>LargeBoldMenu</font>

I have tested on default famiy and works great.

Always keep copies of original files to restore it if anything wrong happens.

Forget to mention that this work with Vertical Home screen

Edited by papadcha
  • Like 2

Guardian Hope

I found what have to be done.

In font.xml the following lines must be added in every fontset.

After the </font> in line 66 and 332 for fontsets Default and Large

(Removed Code Changes so Quote Won't Be So Long)

I have tested on default famiy and works great.

Always keep copies of original files to restore it if anything wrong happens.

Forget to mention that this work with Vertical Home screen

I have tested it and does work wonderfully on the vertical view. Consider it implemented and you on the From Ashes contributor list when I get that screen in there (that's what the "About From Ashes" button is supposed to take you to).

There should be a release later tonight with several more changes as well. I couldn't update the theme due to GitHub issues with Windows 10 Insider Pro Preview but they updated just under the wire of 2/9.

Guardian Hope

Sorry for the delay everyone but there were some rather unfortunate server issues I had to have dealt with. It did allow me to however, fix the views below the homescreen depth a long with many other problems!

Release of 3.2.00 later today!

I haven't tested it much but the following are the known issues:

Highlight Color for Menus Appear White rather than Blue, Orange, etc.
Bluestone Information Doesn't Come Up when clicking "About From Ashes"
Pink Color appears on certain textures like "HD"

papadcha

Can you be more specific for 1.

Screenshots maybe with explanation will be more helpful to understand.

I think the color you are looking is in line 13 of defaults.xml file in colors folder.

Changing to below the pink color turns to default highlight color (Yellow)

<color name="Highlight2">ffee7b0a</color>.

I assume that it is the second highlight color in color chooser but it does  not work to me.

Edited by papadcha

Capt.Insano

As for the colours, you are quite correct. The bright pink is an error that will be rectified. It's actually supposed to be a white indicator but I wouldn't mind making it a blue indicator - especially since I want to move the default colours from the Black/Orange to Black/Blue which is really a process of reversing the hex codes but the default one has a lot more defined which is why I can't just simply rename it and call it a day but have to sit down and do it when I have time. It's also why pink is still the indicator colour for watched. So that will be addressed. 

Further to the pink indicator icons:

Would it be at all possible for a set-up similar to many other skins such as Mimic where the watched indicator can illustrate unwatched/in-progress/watched rather than just unwatched/in-progress. I personally consider the approach taken by Mimic to be the most simple/elegant:

See Pics for difference between Mimic and AZ:FA:

Mimic:

56b7d29a794eb_screenshot001.png

AZ:FA:

56b7d2d3e3b37_screenshot003.png

I also love the option of choice within the Mimic skin settings for what indicators should be used:

56b7d31243702_screenshot002.png

Congrats on such a great skin!!

I look forward to following its improvements!

• Like 2

Guardian Hope

http://imgur.com/a/C4jYn

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes 3.2.00 (Bluestone)

Today we see a major update for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes and as such a significant version jump to 3.2.00. Still a part of the Bluestone branch meaning features from Exploded are still being backported and fixed for Jarvis, this version is notable for featuring some community contributed suggestions like the similarities to the "Amber" version in the "Vertical" Home Screen as well as some suggestions and fixes from the Kodi forums too! We also see the return of being able to select a plethora of enabled views with the new enhanced view selector that just works better than the default version that was previously in the theme.

Version 3.2.00 is a long-term release; future updates won't occur until March. In the interim, everyone is welcome to contribute as has been started here and on the Kodi forums.

As usual, you can get it three different ways.

Available in the Emby Beta Repo for Kodi.

Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/dormer/3.2.00/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.00.zip

Direct Emby Repo Link: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.2.00.zip

Changelog:

3.2.00 (3.2.00_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.0"

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "February Update"
Enhanced Font Experience for "Vertical" View (Contributor: papadcha [Emby Forums, Page 4])
Enhanced and Fixed Color Selector (Contributor: minus0 [Kodi Forums, Page 1])
Enhanced and Resolved View Selection Beyond Home Screen Depth for Video Library
Added "Custom_Bluestone.xml" to 16x9 for Contributor Page (Known Issue: Page Not Available)
Edited by Guardian Hope
  • Like 3

Guardian Hope

Further to the pink indicator icons:

Would it be at all possible for a set-up similar to many other skins such as Mimic where the watched indicator can illustrate unwatched/in-progress/watched rather than just unwatched/in-progress. I personally consider the approach taken by Mimic to be the most simple/elegant:

See Pics for difference between Mimic and AZ:FA:

Mimic:

(Picture)

AZ:FA:

(Picture)

I also love the option of choice within the Mimic skin settings for what indicators should be used:

(Picture)

Congrats on such a great skin!!

I look forward to following its improvements!

@@Capt.Insano - Yes, I like that idea too. I didn't want to address you in the 3.2 release post to keep it organized but I did see your recommendations earlier and if I had the time to stick it into 3.2 I would have. This is something I too would like to address: putting in better watch indicators such as in-progress, watched, or unwatched. Whether you will be able to select more than one indicator for each will really depend on the size of the skin after I strip the unused textures away from it (it already comes in compressed at 120MB and fully deflated [textures and all] at 212MB). 

However, this is something that will happen because it's something that seems like it will "flow" well and reminds me of the older Windows Media Center watch indicators.

To further address people about the pink indicator: it's really a matter of changing it not from a pink hex code to a white hex code but I have also been playing around with the idea of letting it use the now working four different theme color selector variables (so if you select green, it's green or blue, it's blue, etc.).

Nevertheless, 3.2.00 is a long haul release as I am going to be gone for half the month and pretty busy when I get back so the next update I wouldn't anticipate until March at the earliest!

But I do like this contributions people are starting to make. That's what I wanted to do with the theme - make it a team effort. There are many great themes out there like Eunique but I believe that Arctic Zephyr is the best because what @@im85288 and @@badaas created really is what got me to like Kodi/XBMC.

• Like 5

papadcha

In my SkinSettings.xml the following 2 lines had an evil space that it had to be removed to change the colors.

Line 817

<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,skinstring=focuscolor​ 2.name)</onclick>

Line 843

<onclick>RunScript(script.skin.helper.service,action=colorpicker,skinstring=selectedco​ lor.name)</onclick>

As shown in the following picture. The problem is that when I checked the file in git the evil spaces are missing.

Same when I copy the lines from my editor textwrangler to this message. Evil spaces are missing.

Check your SkinSettings.xml and if they are there remove them to make the three skin colors changeable.

And alas the pink color now can be changed to any color you select for highlight2 color.

56b9111f742c9_ScreenShot20160209at120246

Edited by papadcha
  • Like 2

Go over to the Arctic Zephyr:from Ashes thread at Kodi.tv forums. I have posted a changed SkinSetting.xml file to download for corrections

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• Like 1