Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes

Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope

The bug is still there. Just for your info.

Yes, the actresses and actor list showing up at the end of the list should be fixed with the update that will be pushed out this week:  3.1.00.

The version just released (which is hopefully in the repo by now - @@im85288 has been super busy himself too), was to fix the installation issue and had a version number of 3.0.01.

3.1.00 should bring the theme back up to just before the Eunique modifications and include all the fixes and enhancements that were made to that point except running on Jarvis. This is why on GitHub the 3.0.xx branch was marked as pre-release.

With the impending snowstorm getting ready to hit the Washington, D.C. area (if weather predictions are right) I might be able to throw in some of the stuff that was intended for the end of February when I got back as well.

• Like 1

Guardian Hope

3.0.01 is now in the repo, any issues report back here. Thanks.

Thanks @@im85288 for getting it up in the repo. We really have to find a better way to do that; I hate having to send you a PM each time because that's burdensome for you and I both.

Working fine here :)

Thanks

Glad to hear everything is working properly (well, probably except for he actress/actor listing).

With the impending winter storm on the horizon for Washington, D.C., I will be able to push out a major update just before I leave for Los Angeles in February.

Here's what's in store for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes:

3.1.00 - "Codenamed Bluestone"

-Theme base brought up to 2.0.4 of Arctic Zephyr: Exploded (just before Eunique modifications started being made)
--Additional Enhancements from the upstream up to 2.0.12 will be slipstreamed in, in future AZ:FA releases
--Resolution to Actor/Actress Listing
--Resolution for Inability to Select a "View" (i.e. Netflix View, Detailed View, etc.)
-Interface Enhancements
--"Power" Dialogue Now Contains "About AZ:FA Bluestone"
--Resolved Issue with CPU and RAM Not Displaying Counters Correctly (hopefully!)
-Usability Enhancements
--Process to Remove Unused Textures Has Begun (Helps people with slow connections or low space)
--Additional Optimizations

3.1.00 - "Codenamed Bluestone" Known Issues
-You may still not be able to change the "View" in certain circumstances as older Arctic Helper references are replaced by Skin Helper References

So yes, big update ahead for everyone.

Easter Egg: "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes" 3.1's codename actually did come from Windows 10 Redstone. It seemed fitting :P. Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Bluestone should mark the first major push into Jarvis that isn't just "getting it working."

If anyone has any suggestions for future updates here's the place to ask! Just remember: Emby View is exclusive to Eunique!

• Like 1

denethor

If anyone has any suggestions for future updates here's the place to ask! Just remember: Emby View is exclusive to Eunique!

Here you go I have just made a skin cocktail below:

- Ability to set widget aspect ration as in AZ:M

- Use rotating CDart in DialogVideoInfo.xml view as in Poster Shift view. I did it on AZ:M looks like it fits. And use shadows in posters (img1)

- Fading / rotating home menu list like in FTV Skin. Looks really cool (img2)

- Ability to set Home menu item icons like in Eminence 2.0 (img3)

- Use button "i" to show video/album info for the item listed/selected in home widgets without going in to Library view.

- Poster views for Programs (Advanced Launcher thing for games) (img4)

- User proper aspect ratios for maps tab in weather widget (img5) my previous comment on this

- Please change back those ugly flags for movie resolution :)

http://imgur.com/a/xrD9w

Currently I'm using AZ:M just because it can set widget aspect ratio per widgets. Last 2 nights I made some mods for that skin. Changed fonts to look like as AZ:E, added AZ:E poster shift view to views, added rotating CDart to DialogVideoInfo.xml, added views for Programs etc. Basically I made it look like AZ:E :)

But! C'mon guys! I'm not a developer but since I'm working in IT for almost 18yrs I can read some codes B) Above simple changes took 5-6hrs total in 2 nights. I cannot imagine how much effort you guys putting in to this. Really appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

Guardian Hope

Here you go I have just made a skin cocktail below:

- Ability to set widget aspect ration as in AZ:M

- Use rotating CDart in DialogVideoInfo.xml view as in Poster Shift view. I did it on AZ:M looks like it fits. And use shadows in posters (img1)

- Fading / rotating home menu list like in FTV Skin. Looks really cool (img2)

- Ability to set Home menu item icons like in Eminence 2.0 (img3)

- Use button "i" to show video/album info for the item listed/selected in home widgets without going in to Library view.

- Poster views for Programs (Advanced Launcher thing for games) (img4)

- User proper aspect ratios for maps tab in weather widget (img5) my previous comment on this

- Please change back those ugly flags for movie resolution :)

(​Removed for courtesy of other visitors)

Currently I'm using AZ:M just because it can set widget aspect ratio per widgets. Last 2 nights I made some mods for that skin. Changed fonts to look like as AZ:E, added AZ:E poster shift view to views, added rotating CDart to DialogVideoInfo.xml, added views for Programs etc. Basically I made it look like AZ:E :)

But! C'mon guys! I'm not a developer but since I'm working in IT for almost 18yrs I can read some codes B) Above simple changes took 5-6hrs total in 2 nights. I cannot imagine how much effort you guys putting in to this. Really appreciated! Thanks!

See, I like suggestions like these because this tells me what people are seeking from the Arctic Zephyr experience as each one of us has grown accustomed to the skin for one reason or another and that's what AZ:FA's Bluestone project will embark upon: building up the experience as we transition into Jarvis and beyond.

At the moment, AZ:FA is getting "caught up" to the last release of AZ:E without the Eunique modifications that broke a number of things. That should be done in 3.1.00 which might be pushed out on to GIT today (basically it's me just using diffs on the different AZ:E commits at the moment and picking and choosing the components as I test them for Jarvis compatibility). 

Firstly, anything that existed in AZ:E up to just prior to the Eunique modifications are returning with the first version of AZ:FA's Bluestone branch. If I recall, AZ:E had rotating CD coverart which means that will be returning. Textures will be updated as appropriate as we progress. Really, most of that list can and will be implemented on Bluestone branch of AZ:FA. 

There are however two things I don't see making it into AZ:FA - menu icons for the home screen as it makes the screen too busy (an offshoot tried this) and using the button "i" to bring up information without going into library view. The latter may see an appearance later but the former is a no because I don't want to busy up a theme that is intended to be clean. 

On a sidenote, once AZ:FA's Bluestone branch is first pushed to GIT you are more than welcome to create a pull request and implement the changes to AZ:FA's Bluestone branch since you have already delved into where they are and could probably copy and paste them into AZ:FA and push them back. If all the changes don't break everything they'll be pushed into the AZ:FA release (or I'll fix them!). I just ask you wait until 3.1.00 before making a pull request as it's a major update.

Finally, yes, Kodi theme design takes a lot to get a handle on. I own an Aerospace and Defense company and I've delved my hands into operating system development and I have found that easier and less problematic than Kodi.

I will post back when 3.1.00 is pushed to Git and packaged ready for the Emby repository.

• Like 2

Any thoughts why I am not seeing this skin in the emby for kodi (or kodi) repository?  I didn't see the original arctic zephyr either.

I do see Enuique and the arctic zephyr from ashes sound pack.

I am using Jarvis.

Edited by foghat

Guardian Hope

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (3.1.00 Bluestone_rs01) has been pushed to GitHub. The majority of the fixes are there but some are not yet implemented or have not yet been tested.

In my brief testing, everything works much better than previously however and two very important fixes I can confirm are there are the UI View fix (you may now select Default, the other two, and Netflix) as well as actresses and actors show up in the proper order now.

Please note: if you download from GitHub before the push to Emby's repository later this week you will need to obviously get the latest changes after the release.

P.S. @denethor: remember those copy and paste changes I was talking about? If you feel up to adding them (if they aren't already there), pull bluestone_rs01's tree and I'll accept the push back changes so you have rotating CD art again. They might already be there though so you might want to check first!

P.P.S. Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes latest update will be pushed out this week to Emby's repo because I won't be available most of February. Obviously, this is a big update and 3.1.00 bluestone_rs01 is just about ready minus a dialog or two. In March, bluestone_rs02 will begin to feature more significant changes.

Edited by Guardian Hope
  • Like 1

Guardian Hope

Hi,

Yes I am am.

There shouldn't be any reason for From Ashes to not show up if you have the latest beta repo. Try uninstalling the beta repo and grabbing it again: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.4.zip

The reason you see Eunique and the From Ashes Audio Suite is because @@im85288 submitted Eunique to the Kodi Official Repository and asked if I could submit From Ashes' Audio Suite for use with Eunique.

I don't know if Kodi would accept From Ashes as it is a derivative of a main theme and last I read their policy they do not.

There shouldn't be any reason for From Ashes to not show up if you have the latest beta repo. Try uninstalling the beta repo and grabbing it again: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.mediabrowser.kodi-1.0.4.zip

The reason you see Eunique and the From Ashes Audio Suite is because @@im85288 submitted Eunique to the Kodi Official Repository and asked if I could submit From Ashes' Audio Suite for use with Eunique.

I don't know if Kodi would accept From Ashes as it is a derivative of a main theme and last I read their policy they do not.

I will try that tomorrow.  I don't see any iteration of arctic zephyer, regardless of the repository (kodi vs. emby) nor do I see them when I just go to settings --> skins

I am using a version of jarivs that is a bit of an offshoot - the one that is somewhat experimental in that it supports HD Audio pass-through.  Not sure if that could be making a difference?

That said, I have had 0 luck getting AZ to show in the past, so not quite sure what is going on.

Guardian Hope

http://imgur.com/a/GjhcJ

I was actually going to use The Martian for this (great movie by the way!) but it doesn't have CD art in its metadata for some reason so I used Tomorrowland instead. Anyways, @@denethor, you'll be happy to know that the first release on the Bluestone branch includes the return of rotating CDArt (yay!) as I didn't realize that feature got removed when I went back. I am sure others will be pleased to see a number of items return. It also installs properly and runs with great stability.

There's obviously still a lot of work ahead but hopefully this will get everyone through February while I am gone.

I'm trying to get the new "About From Ashes" dialogue setup but if I don't by tomorrow I'll just push everything to Git so that it'll be in all of your hands by the end of the month!

@fothat - if for some reason you can't download Arctic Zephyr you could always try to just download the zip (I always post two links to the zip files) and see if that works.

I was hoping to have the Black/Blue theme as default by this release but it's already 1/26 so I'm not going to have enough time. I never really liked Black/Orange as default (except for Halloween) as it's not very "soothing" on the eyes.

Next post should be release links!

• Like 1

Guardian Hope

Post Updated at 5:33am with 3.1.01 to fix install issues...again

http://imgur.com/a/swlBJ

I felt a little nostalgic. Plus, I promise to get rid of those hideous icons in Bluestone 2!

Welcome to Bluestone!

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes' Bluestone branch is intended to quickly and efficiently integrate the many changes made to Jarvis while slipstreaming all the features from Arctic Zephyr: Exploded as backports once they have been tested.

Bluestone, or version 3.1.00 has been thoroughly tested for stability as it will be the last update until march.  I will be out of town so I wanted to make sure everyone had a good working theme.

As always, you can get it from the Emby Beta Repo once @@im85288 uploads it there!

Additionally, you can find it on GitHub at https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes/releases(note: GitHub appends the internal folder; you'll run into install issues unless you rename the folder inside the zip to skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes)

Finally, it's available on an Enterprise CDN at: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/dormer/3.1.01/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.1.01.zip (same one you will find on Emby's Repo; just download and install!)

Also now on the Kodi forums here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257970&action=lastpost

The Changelog:

3.1.01 (3.1.01_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone Release 01 Hotfix #1"
Fixed error in addon.xml

3.1.00 (3.1.00_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone Release 01"
Theme base brought up to 2.0.4 of Arctic Zephyr: Exploded (just before Eunique modifications started being made)
Additional Enhancements from the upstream up to 2.0.12 will be slipstreamed in, in future AZ:FA releases
Resolution to Actor/Actress Listing
Resolution for Inability to Select a "View" (i.e. Netflix View, Detailed View, etc.)
Interface Enhancements
"Power" Dialogue Now Contains "About From Ashes" (Known Issue: Bluestone Information Doesn't Appear Wheen Selected)
Usability Enhancements
Process to Remove Unused Textures Has Begun (Helps people with slow connections or low space)
Additional Optimizations

The Known Issues List:

Bluestone Information doesn't appear when you click "About From Ashes."
Certain conditions may result in the inability to change views. Simply reload the skin to fix that. It's very rare however.
Any bug that existed in 2.0.4 of AZ:E has been mitigated as AZ:FA 3.1.00 uses it as its base (up from 1.98). Some issues still exist.
Kodi Log will report some inactive windows attempted to be closed on exit when they weren't drawn to begin with (Either Jarvis or AZ:FA issue)
Theme may not install for Openelec devices
Edited by Guardian Hope

loadamasta

Sorry, but I am still not able to change any view. I tried it on Kodi 16 RC on Openelec as well as on OS X. Reloading the skin does not work either. Additionally, the skin is marked as not compatible in the emby beat addon repository. Quite a pity, would be a very great skin...

Guardian Hope

Sorry, but I am still not able to change any view. I tried it on Kodi 16 RC on Openelec as well as on OS X. Reloading the skin does not work either. Additionally, the skin is marked as not compatible in the emby beat addon repository. Quite a pity, would be a very great skin...

The issue with OS X is resolved and the zip files updated. Something that shouldn't have been in addon.xml accidentally made its way back in when I was slipstreaming changes. 

As for view changes - they are working on Windows and OS X 10.11.3 on my Macbook Pro 7,1 running Kodi Jarvis RC1.

Make sure to get the latest zip: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/dormer/3.1.01/skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes-3.1.01.zip

The Emby Beta repo won't be updated until @@im85288 adds it.

As for why it's showing as incompatible I will also need @@im85288 to chime in because it's been downloaded a number of times.

Additionally, I have no way to test Openelec. I have access to virtually every type of Linux, Windows, and OS X version you could imagine but I don't have Openelec because I don't have any ARM devices to do so. I can try their x64 build in a vSphere Virtual Machine but I can't make guarantees. 

P.S. @@loadamasta - Could you tell me where you are unable to change the view so I can look into it? I could probably slip a quick fix [hopefully] before I leave for most of February.

Edited by Guardian Hope

loadamasta

The no-chance-to-change-view is everywhere, that means in the movie, tv shows and music section. Regardeless on which level. I have to say that I went back to Kodi Isengard on my opnelec machine. I tried the the exploded skin: same issue. May this be an issue if you use the Kodi library with MySQL?

I did not had yet the time to try the new zip files on OS X with Kodi Jarvis but will gibe it a try asap. However, the dialog to change the views had always been appearing but clicking on it did not chamge anything.

Edited by loadamasta

denethor

Anyways, @@denethor, you'll be happy to know that the first release on the Bluestone branch includes the return of rotating CDArt (yay!) as I didn't realise that feature got removed when I went back. I am sure others will be pleased to see a number of items return. It also installs properly and runs with great stability.

Actually I was trying to put cdart on top of the poster image not the bottom of it just like in the poster shift view (check my screen shot with Bridge of Spies) I did that on AZ:Mod skin as my customisation. But couldn't make it work with AZ:FA DialogVideoInfo.xml. There are too many moving parts for video info view in AZ:FA and AZ:E.

• Like 1

Guardian Hope

Actually I was trying to put cdart on top of the poster image not the bottom of it just like in the poster shift view (check my screen shot with Bridge of Spies) I did that on AZ:Mod skin as my customisation. But couldn't make it work with AZ:FA DialogVideoInfo.xml. There are too many moving parts for video info view in AZ:FA and AZ:E.

@denethor: Now that I took a closer look at the screenshot from AZ:M, I must say I do like that reflective view for the dialog of the poster but I don't know how I feel about having the CD Art covered more than 3/4 up.

DialogVideoInfo.xml definitely has a lot of moving parts in it compared to the other AZ modifications but delving into the modification of the video info screen is a priority of mine. It seems well overdue for update.

@loadamasta: I'm sorry but I was finally able to find where you aren't able to change the view - when your browsing the beyond the home screen. It's going to take some time to get that sorted as I believe (but could totally be wrong) that the Skin Helper Service in which case the problem is that the skin still has references to the older Arctic Zephyr Helper that doesn't exist anymore meaning it'll have to be done after all the backports are complete from the older AZ:E theme otherwise we'll end up with what happened yesterday where an inadvertent change resulted in the install to fail until I pushed 3.1.01.

3.2 or 3.3 should be the last of the backports and then I can delve into seeing why it's not changing the view anywhere other than the home screen without fear of overwriting key components.

In the meantime, 3.1.01 is still not in Emby's repo so people will have to update from the zip. As to why it's not showing up as Jarvis compatible I will still have to leave to @@im85288 to answer as I don't have access to the repo unfortunately.

Guardian Hope

@@Guardian Hope - you now have access to the repo (details in PM). If there's any issues please let me know.  Thanks

Thank you. Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (3.1.01 - Bluestone) is now live in the beta repo. Installed without issue on my Mac running Jarvis RC, and a clean Windows 10 VM running Jarvis.

If anyone runs into install issues or the repo showing it as incompatible let me know.

Openelec users - I make no promises of it working. Openelec appears to run on underpowered devices like Raspberry Pi which is an ARM device. I don't have one so I can only assure working order for x64 based platforms (Mac, Linux, Windows).

http://imgur.com/a/arfY9

Edited by Guardian Hope
  • Like 1