[3.0.292.0] subviews stuck on

dylang

fraenhawk

Can I ask a question? We're going through all this to get rid of the sub-views in EMC because the checboxes no longer work. Is the plan to get those working as an override again or are those going to be permanently removed and turning off enhanced presentation will be the only option? That was the original issue that started this and the other 2 threads and I'm not sure that's been clearly answered.

I mean, yes, I'd like to know why this is not working for me, but at the same time, it's not my preferred solution anyways. I like enhanced presentation in all the other interfaces (web/android/win appstore). It's only EMC working with a remote instead of touch-interface that I don't want it. If you tell me that the subview checkboxes in EMC are never going to work again, then I will probably just leave enhanced presentation on and learn to live with it in EMC, which means I won't have this blank unwatched problem...

The check boxes do work but they require a specific setup on the server now (no grouping and no enhanced views).  The side-effect you are seeing with the recent list is hopefully something we can track down and fix but I can't reproduce it so its tough to do that so far.

I'm still looking into if I can force the options to work properly with all possible permutations of setup on the server given the changes in how things are delivered now.

fraenhawk

The check boxes do work but they require a specific setup on the server now (no grouping and no enhanced views).  The side-effect you are seeing with the recent list is hopefully something we can track down and fix but I can't reproduce it so its tough to do that so far.

I'm still looking into if I can force the options to work properly with all possible permutations of setup on the server given the changes in how things are delivered now.

You lost me there. No grouping, no enhanced views means that the server is controlling EMC. If the server says no interface has enhanced views, then of course EMC wouldn't either. So how are the checkboxes supposed to work in these last few builds. Or are you saying it's working backwards. If I turn off enhanced view and then tell EMC I DO want sub-views, it will create them? Because that seems backwards. I like the 3.0.290 method that some of my other PCs are running. Grouping off, enhanced on (so that the web and tablets still have it), and checking that you DON'T want sub-views in EMC turns off sub-views only in EMC.

Try 294...

Will do as soon as I get home. Media Center and Remote Desktop don't seem to want to get along :)

fraenhawk

No change with 294

Anything else I can help with? I can go screen by screen and take screenshots of all of my EMC settings. Or if you want to add additional debug logging to a special dev build to run...

Edited by fraenhawk

Are you sure there is no change with .294?

Forget about your latest items issue because I think that is some outlier problem.

Try turning your enhanced presentations back on on the server (and even grouping your items if you want) and then see if the EMC-side options don't do what you would expect.

fraenhawk

Yes, I was just about to post that!

You are correct, I can turn enhanced back on and the subview checkbox in EMC is now working as expected! I was just so used to looking for the EHS problem that I didn't go into one that still had enhanced on to check that side of things. Yayy!!

• 2 weeks later...