[3.0.292.0] subviews stuck on

dylang

fraenhawk

Yep, I'm seeing the same thing since upgrading to 3.0.5800.2 today as well. Also, all of the graphics are missing for the various subviews even if I wanted them on right now.

Ian-Highlander

Ahh, glad this was spotted before I upgraded to the latest server version as it was me that originally reported the problem on the previous release which @@ebr kindly resolved for us quickly, don't fancy going back to that again having only recently got it back working as it should.

I'll hang off upgrading the server for now until I know this is resolved again.

Edit: just realised you're on the dev release going on the version number so won't affect me as my main server stays on release. If you're using the dev server have you checked there isn't a new dev release of EMC?

Edited by Ian-Highlander

TheRyePie

Same issue here.. Installed 3.0.5783.0 to fix it and had to completely setup my server again.. Awesome! Guess I'm going to stay away from beta from now on. Happy new year!

fraenhawk

Ahh, glad this was spotted before I upgraded to the latest server version as it was me that originally reported the problem on the previous release which @@ebr kindly resolved for us quickly, don't fancy going back to that again having only recently got it back working as it should.

I'll hang off upgrading the server for now until I know this is resolved again.

Edit: just realised you're on the dev release going on the version number so won't affect me as my main server stays on release. If you're using the dev server have you checked there isn't a new dev release of EMC?

Actually, it's the beta, not dev release and no, there's not a newer beta EMC yet.

If you guys group multiple library folders into "TV" or "Movies" then these sub-views will be there.  To get rid of them, you will need to un-group these items in the server settings.

fraenhawk

I do not have my TV shows grouped (only my Movie libraries) and I'm still getting sub views for TV shows. Are the show sub view checkboxes under Top Level view options going to be removed from EMC permanently, or is this just a temp bug that they're being ignored again (just like in the OPs linked thread). The only way to get the sub-views to go away for now is to go into the server settings and uncheck enhanced presentation (view styles) for the library. That's not an acceptable solution however, because now EMC can't show unwatched/latest/in-progress in the top level without that checked. 

Those sub-views are the enhanced presentation so that option would need to be un-checked as well.

fraenhawk

So you're saying this is an intentional change that the sub-view checkboxes in EMC do nothing now, and that to not have sub-views show up, we have to lose all top level unwatched/latest functionality in EMC? Yet on Dec 10th (see OP's linked thread) this was considered a bug and was fixed?

edit: just want to clarify what I mean by top level functionality. I can provide screenshots when I get home. I mean when I first launch EMC and have my home screen up with the list of libraries on the bottom (Shows, Movies, Anime, Music) there is normally a view of posters above that list and there is a little rectangle that can be toggled between one of three settings: Unwatched, Latest, In-Progress. If I turn off enhanced presentation at the server level, EMC leaves that whole section of the screen blank, rendering a chunk of EMC that's been around since the MB2.0 days useless.

Edited by fraenhawk

I'm saying that, as the server changes how it delivers information, sometimes some of the client side options in a legacy client like this don't work exactly as they used to.

It is obviously a bit confusing but, if you turn off the enhanced presentation and the grouping, then the EMC options will work properly.

fraenhawk

I understand change (I work in IT) and understand that I'm running beta. What I'm telling you that I have the subviews already turned off, never had grouping for my TV shows, and turned off the enhanced presentation and no, EMC is not working "properly" as you're saying. There's a big giant box that says "Unwatched" that does not have any content with that combination of options. I will take a screenshot when I'm home from work if you're still not seeing what I'm referring to. But it's like 75% of the EMC main screen so it's hard to miss :)

I understand change (I work in IT) and understand that I'm running beta. What I'm telling you that I have the subviews already turned off, never had grouping for my TV shows, and turned off the enhanced presentation and no, EMC is not working "properly" as you're saying. There's a big giant box that says "Unwatched" that does not have any content with that combination of options. I will take a screenshot when I'm home from work if you're still not seeing what I'm referring to. But it's like 75% of the EMC main screen so it's hard to miss :)

Sounds like you are talking about something other than sub-views here...?

If you mean the recent list that must be some other issue as that is working fine for me with these options on or off.

568c1dbb8aa32_emctvrecent.png

fraenhawk

Correct, we all know what's going on with the subview checkboxes being ignored. You said to turn off enhanced presentation. When I turn it off, this is what I see. 568c5e768c28e_enhancedoff.jpg

If I turn it back on, and get out and back into EMC, I see this:

568c5e9225681_enhancedon.jpg

This is EMC 3.0.292, server 3.0.5801.0, EMC settings: EHS on, TV sub-views off

Server settings: Shows not grouped, toggling the enhanced presentation for library Shows

Honestly, it actually makes sense that unwatched and the other stop working when that's off, the description on the server says "If enabled, views will be built with metadata to offer categories such as Suggestions, Latest, Genres, and more. If disabled, they'll be displayed with simple folders." If I turn off enhanced presentation and look on the web, I lose the resume, latest, etc and jump straight to the list of shows, so it makes sense that EMC does the same. That's why I want enhanced on (I like it on the web) and just have the EMC sub-view checkboxes working again.

No, that doesn't actually make sense.  That option should have no bearing on the recent lists in EMC because those date back to way before the server and should work in either instance.

My screen shot is with the sub-views turned off.  So we need to figure out why this is having this impact in your setup.

What is the content type of that library?

fraenhawk

TV

I can test with other libraries too to see if it's consistent.

This started with 3.0.5800.2 as the original poster mentioned. Pretty sure I was running 3.0.292 before that server version and it was fine.

fraenhawk

Okay tested with my other libraries (I have 3 TV - ungrouped, and 3 Movie - grouped) turned off enhanced for Anime and Kids Shows and the Unwatched panel goes blank.

So then I tried it with my movies folders, ungrouped my three libraries (Movies, Kids Movies, 3D). All have enhanced presentation on and show unwatched posters, movies are also ignoring the EMC sub-view checkbox. Then turned off enhanced presentation, sub-views go away in EMC, and the unwatched screen is working! So this is only a problem with my TV libraries not my movie ones.

fraenhawk

I can see the difference between the enhanced and non-enhanced. Anything that I could look for in the server logs for those same timestamps that would help?

2016-01-05 22:53:01.3991,Debug,,unwatched list for Shows loaded with 20 items.,31,Worker thread for Common

vs

2016-01-05 22:45:04.0918,Debug,,unwatched list for Shows loaded with 0 items.,31,Worker thread for Common

It is looking for movies.

You are 100% positive those libraries are defined as "TV Shows" and not "Unset/Mixed"?

fraenhawk

It is looking for movies.

You are 100% positive those libraries are defined as "TV Shows" and not "Unset/Mixed"?

Yes, positive.

568d60e9d41a0_libraries.jpg

fraenhawk

I'm assuming the type of .collection file in it's folder on the server can also be used to double-check. It has a tvshows.collection in each of the problem ones.

fraenhawk

Try the dev version (293) I just put up and see if it behaves differently.

Nope, same behavior with 293 as well.

Tell me if this screenshot helps at all. Notice on the right the overlay with the "Added shows" but the posters are still blank and it faintly says "No Items". What's with that date?

568d62e1104d8_enhancedoff.jpg