Combine *some* Emby lists into one?

tired dad
Go to solution Solved by tired dad,

tired dad

Hello,

I have several folders in my Emby library, all separated by theme (Kids, family, Documentaries, etc).  For some themes, I actually have two folders (e.g: Kids New, Kids Viewed).  In Kodi directly, I can set playlists by path, so i can have one for new kids movies, and one for viewed, and then a "superlist" comprised of both playlists.  The "superlist" becomes the menu item while the other lists become submenus.

So... how do I do that with the Emby plugin running?  I think the Emby video library is set as a node but I don't know how to combine two nodes into one Kodi playlist.   I am using the Arctic: Zephyr skin and I see it has widgets, but I am not sure how to combine widgets into a list either.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

• Solution
tired dad

I figured it out if anyone else wants to know.... edit the nodes like this (make sure the "match" flag is set to "any"):

?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="4" type="filter">
	<label>All Kids Movies</label>
	<icon>special://home/addons/plugin.video.emby/icon.png</icon>
	<content>movies</content>
	<match>any</match>
	<rule field="tag" operator="is">
		<value>Kids New</value>
	</rule>
	<rule field="tag" operator="is">
		<value>Kids Viewed</value>
	</rule>
	<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</node>

You could also use a playlist I suppose, but I wanted it to be like the Emby node injections as well.

Edited by tired dad
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
tired dad

In which file ?

Look in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video

There are several XML files, some of which are created by the Emby plugin, others by any custom menu item you may set up. I was playing around with the ones I had made up.