Browsing issue

wsramahi

wsramahi

Lately after the latest two emby updates im facing strange issue when trying to browse emby on both IE and chrome, i have 3 servers running emby, one on beta release amd 2 on stable release.

Some times its responsive and some time its not, when this issue appears, screen ia black and it Starts to load content very slow, most of the time it do not completly load, so we have to keep refreshing page load.

Is there is some thing i need to take care of for hosting?

Please help

tr0nllam

I'm having a similar issue. I'm using Firefox and getting a blank gray screen some of the time when I try to access the Emby web client over HTTPS and HTTP. It's something that has only cropped up in the past 24 hours and is happening on both the stable and beta releases of Emby.

Chillout

Ive noticed the same problem in Chrome and Safari (iphone) since version .0

It takes a long time for the Emby website to load up although it seems the problem is only when the webserver has not been queried for a long time.  It acts as if the webserver is not cached in main memory and needs time to load off the hard drive because after that it is very responsive.  I have all the emby cache and metadata on a SSD so there shouldnt be any spin up time for loading the images.

Version 3.0.5800.2

Edited by Chillout

fraenhawk

This has been reported by many users for months since they stopped caching some of the data at the server and instead are grabbing it dynamically (live) instead. It causes the slow front page from the web client, slowness for first launch of the Roku client for some people, and WMC as well. You are absolutely correct, that once you've loaded it all it runs fine, but if there is inactivity you start all over again. I had done some experimentation previously and it seemed like the every 2 hour scan media library job seems to clear the cache too which was why sometimes it seemed to take different lengths of time before the slowdown came back because the job may or may not have run during the tests.

wsramahi

Well, analyzing the problem might lead to many connections, develipers of emby knows exactly what and where the focus should be.

My guess upon testing its something related to cashing the web content, yet it always needs time at any page request.

I tried to enable the web cash for developers and restarted emby server, same issue.

All three servers i have on deferent locations acts the same.

Even logging to emby is taking time from emby for android.

I think emby is always try to collect all requested media info before loading, specialy after the update related on saving client data on the client device.

I did cleared the browser cash, and speed is much faster, maybe like i said emby loads all and link to client device stored data, emby dev's might have the confirmed fix

Edited by wsramahi

Chillout

I would bet this problem is worse for those who keep their emby-cache on a spinning drive that goes to sleep.  The time it takes to spin up a drive and gather the information probably leads to initial timeouts.  

I would be fine using use more system resources to speed this up if there was a setting in the Emby server software.  I'd upgrade my RAM to whatever it would take to load the entire thing (cache, metadata,etc) into memory if that was an option.

Edited by Chillout

tr0nllam

Mine is not a caching issue because I can go back to the Home page after being in another section 10 seconds earlier and only the gray background will load.

Chillout

uggh.. version x.3 update just made things much worse.  I cannot even access the server outside the local network...

update: downgraded to x.0 Stable and everything is running back to normal...

Edited by Chillout

fraenhawk

uggh.. version x.3 update just made things much worse.  I cannot even access the server outside the local network...

update: downgraded to x.0 Stable and everything is running back to normal...

Hmm, upgraded to .3 and not having any problem from outside my network.

tr0nllam

Since I installed x.3, the web client seems to be loading every time I access it, but it's still significantly slower than before. I already had web client response caching turned on, so that's not the issue.

Chillout

I tried version  x.3  again and and clearing the client browser cache (already had the dev setting enabled) but still takes several refreshes to load over the WAN on both my iphone over LTE and Chrome on a remote server.

Going back to x.0 loads up after a 3-5 second delay but no refreshes needed. I'll just stick with what works as these issues tend to work themselves out over future releases.