Slow to find chromecasts?

runtimesandbox

runtimesandbox

Quick test tonight

They now all show up again! Wooo  :)

Loses connection straight after leaving app, mild success in rejoining. If it does rejoin it isn't giving state such as how far through play it is. Play / Pause work. Can't get rid of bottom bar.

Will test more over the weekend

dahorn11

Discovers my chromecast now, and starts playing media just fine. However control does not work at all. can not seek, pause, stop etc

Also loses connection to chromecast when backing out of the app, can reconnect manually after loading back up, but controls still do not function.

(doogee x5 pro, chromecast 2,  bt home hub 3) - if relevant

Edited by dahorn11

dahorn11

After playing around a little more..

- if i connect to my chromecast from the home page. Controls do not work

- if i connect to my chromecast within the remote page instead of the home page i can get some success. Controls work with the exception of  play/pause and seeking

runtimesandbox

After playing around a little more..

- if i connect to my chromecast from the home page. Controls do not work

- if i connect to my chromecast within the remote page instead of the home page i can get some success. Controls work with the exception of  play/pause and seeking

I think he means that after reconnecting to the app, it shows item playing. The controls at the bottom of the screen do not work but going to the remote tab you can control limited functions such as play / pause. 

Well it is for me anyway

Edited by spudy12

markgbe

So.... The only thing I've noticed so far in my normal usage is, the notification icon will pause the show but will not unpause. I can unpause from the controls in the app though.

dahorn11

what do you mean remote instead of the home page?

Connecting here no controls work:                     

56dc4ced83b57_Screenshot_20160306151503.

Connecting here, most controls work except for play/pause and seeking:

56dc4d4fab5cd_Screenshot_20160306151538.

dahorn11

Just updated the app, cannot reproduce what i was experiencing yesterday. Now both methods of connecting (see above) provide the same result. No bottom control bar at all, and in the remote page the only controls that work are mute, volume up and volume down.

(edit) Update:  I think the issue may be remotely hosted servers. I just setup a local server where i am to test and chromecast controls seem to work fine, but when connected to a remote server chromecast controls do not work.

Edited by dahorn11

markgbe

I also notice the same behavior as in dahorn11's post.

And.. One more. the notification object seems to be very inconsistent as far as appearence. Earlier it was there while media was playing, now it is not showing up. The app still shows I am connected to the cc and all.

dahorn11

Seems to be the same, working controls with local server and only volume controls and no bottom bar with remote server

shorty1483

Try 2.6.07 once you have that. thanks.

Sorry for late reply. CC discovery is working without a problem now.

Yesterday I watched some stuff and app runs great. Today I made the upgrade to 2.6.07 and totally lost the running stream control. I can connect to CC and start a stream to play. But the running stream is not showing in remote control, so I am not able to do something like Play/Pause/Stop etc. The problem is the same connecting in Homescreen or Control section. 

Edited by shorty1483

markgbe

So.. I accidentally left a show series playing overnight, and when I woke up, I was able to connect to the cc and control it and see status, so that is cool.

The notification icon showed up last night while connected/playing but when I reconnected, it did not.

So other than the notification icon being flaky, everything is great.

Edited by markgbe

shorty1483

Same here, suddenly today controls appeared... :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

As of right now would you say your experience is better or worse than the previous implementation?

shorty1483

App finds CC far more fast than before.

But app looses faster connection to stream when turning display off (even with WIFI active). The time in controls stands still but CC icon still shows as connected. Just my personal experience. I prefer the previous implementation. But I never had so much problems with not finding CC like others.

runtimesandbox

As of right now would you say your experience is better or worse than the previous implementation?

I would go with better. I can actually find my chromecasts to cast stuff to without having to wait for ages or turn my phone off and on several times

I have been using the emby app more in the last few days than I have previously 

markgbe

This is much much better. Previously it wasn't usable, because of no cc found, kind of kills the whole deal immediately.

I can grab other devices in the house while media is playing and connect to the cc, and it does that, displays the media info and allows me to control it.

App finds CC far more fast than before.

But app looses faster connection to stream when turning display off (even with WIFI active). The time in controls stands still but CC icon still shows as connected. Just my personal experience. I prefer the previous implementation. But I never had so much problems with not finding CC like others.

When this happens are you able to manually disconnect and reconnect?

runtimesandbox

Yes and no. Sometimes I can, sometimes I have to go to the chromecast app and tell it to close emby and start over

shorty1483

Same as @ Sometimes the CC button seems to not work.