Smart TV client app in samsung store

spam_permi

paulsalter

Does this mean that apps going forward are only going to be for TV's (app store)

As far as i can see Tizen OS is only for TV's, Blu-ray players are still using the older style app store (current models included)

FrostByte

Not sure, but it almost seems like they are putting their support just into what gets them the most cash which is their TVs.  Hopefully we will have a Tizen app here soon and can reapply to have this app added to the store at the same time.  There are a few H model TVs and BD players which can't install the app from the IP and must load from usb for some reason.

shorty1483

Does this mean that apps going forward are only going to be for TV's (app store)

As far as i can see Tizen OS is only for TV's, Blu-ray players are still using the older style app store (current models included)

Often app updates for large apps like Netflix are baked into Firmware Updates, as far as I know. But i have no clue what's with updates for smaller apps that are strictly maintained through App Store.

Only thing that I know is, that orca, Plex Samsung app dev, is still sending app updates to Samsung (last time 20.12.).

paulsalter

Thanks for the info

Just seems an odd move by Samsung to only concentrate on Tizen, Makes sense if Tvs are the main selling point, but i assumed the Blu-ray players where quite good sellers also, as they still sell ones with the old smart hub and also i think the Opera store (or is this Tizen based?)

Not good for those that have just bought a new 2015 bluray with original smart hub and then find out the app store is dead (except for updates to current apps)

FrostByte

Some of the their new BD players are now using the new Opera TV app store. 

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1