Fix for marking recorded tv as watched right after playing it?

LehighBri

LehighBri

I have been using Emby for a while on my RPi and recently setup Emby on a new Roku I got.  On the Roku, when I play a recorded TV show and stop it a few seconds in, the Roku seems to mark the episode as played right away (vs. waiting until I get through the majority of the show).

Is this as expected?  It is different from how the RPi.  I would ultimately expect it to only mark something as played if I get the majority of the way through a show.

Thoughts?

if you're using a live tv plugin that plugin is not supplying media info, therefore without runtime information it just gets marked watched immediately.

LehighBri

if you're using a live tv plugin that plugin is not supplying media info, therefore without runtime information it just gets marked watched immediately.

Thanks for the fast response.  I'm using the latest serverwmc live tv plugin.  Would that be a feature request for @@krustyreturns?

krustyreturns

As far as I know Emby doesn't query for media info for recorded tv files, serverwmc just points Emby at the raw file and that's that.  We can store and retrieve the last play position (we do for other client types) but Emby needs to add this to their TV interface for us to support it with Emby.  If I have this wrong please let me know.

LehighBri

As far as I know Emby doesn't query for media info for recorded tv files, serverwmc just points Emby at the raw file and that's that.  We can store and retrieve the last play position (we do for other client types) but Emby needs to add this to their TV interface for us to support it with Emby.  If I have this wrong please let me know.

@@Luke - can you comment?