Hdhome run

egold

Afternoon Everyone and Happy Holidays.

I've been using Emby since it first came out as media browser3. I hjave a HDHomerun3-us using serverwmc on my current win7 HTPC. Everything has been working just fine for all this time.

I have a desktop I just upgraded to win 10. installed the server and tried to get my HDHR to be recognized. No luck.  Question is then

Is the HDHR3-US DLNA supported?

If not which HDHR's are you guys using CONNECT or EXTENDED.

I pretty much use it as a dvr.

Also what file extension are the shows recorded in with the live TV?

I'd like to transition the desktop as my new server.

Thanks

mellomade

Is the HDHR3-US DLNA supported?

Also what file extension are the shows recorded in with the live TV?

The HDHR3 is not DLNA - which is why it does not work with EmbyTV.  Connect (HDHR4-US) or EXTEND (HDTC-2US) are both great.  I use both and only use the EXTEND for mobile devices.

EmbyTV records to .TS format.

Thanks for the reply. Are these ts files as large as the wmc files? Does the android and win 10 app have native support or would they need to be transcoded by the server?

Sent from my A1-840 using Tapatalk

Sometimes they will require transcoding depending on bandwidth. They're ts for now. It's on our radar to convert on the fly during the recording process to a more streaming friendly format.

• Like 1

mellomade

The actual recordings though are straight MPEG-2/AC3 - right off the tuner dumped to .TS.  I've never checked though with the EXTEND if you set the hardware transcoding to h.264 on hardware if that is what gets dumped to TS.

Hi,@egold,@mellomade

The HDHR3-CC most certainly is dlna compliant. egold a couple places to check. Does it show up under network places.

568078b317e49_hd.png

What firmware are you running on the hd? You can get the latest 8/26/2015 on the SD site.

Edited by Vicpa

vicpa

I have a Hdhr3_us . just did a firmware update today to 20150406. It does not show in network places on the htpc. Do you still think it is dlna? Most think it is not.

I'm not so concerned about streaming to phones and tablets. It's just the wife and I now. I do want to stream to my roku stick and win 10 laptops as upgrade to 10. I have 1 laptop running 10 with the emby app. Mkv's are fine but wmc wtv recordings are very choppy. The roku also buffers frequently. I assume this is due to transcoding and my tri core amd is not enough. My desktop which I just put win 10 on is a 6 core amd. Hoping that will be better for transcoding. Htpc and desktop cat6 . laptop and roku WiFi through my Asus dual n router.

Reviews on the extend are mixed a lot seem to have freezing issues. The connect gets better reviews

Thanks for all the help so far.

puithove

HDHR3-CC is a totally different model, named "PRIME".  This is the cablecard box.  It is DLNA.

The HDHR3-US is a non-DLNA box, and does not have cablecard.

Edited by puithove
  • Like 1

Hi,

Thanks puithove !, a subtle but critical difference and important for the dev team to know. The server seems to do a much better with the other models. Perhaps the -CC is problematic.

puithove

No, the -CC (the HDHomeRun PRIME) works well with Emby.  I have two.

The OP has the US version, which since it its not DLNA, does not work with Emby.

Edited by puithove
  • Like 1

Thanks for the clarification. I'll do some more research to see which one will work best for my needs

mjktg99

I've got a HDHR3-US, and just found this post =(. So it's useless for working with Emby then?

natively. You can still use it with a tv plugin such as serverwmc

shackrock

natively. You can still use it with a tv plugin such as serverwmc

Hm. Let me ask a question then.  I installed Emby on my QNAP TS-451, and was planning to try to get it up and runing using HDStation inside Qnap, so I could watch live TV from it with a guide.  Is that going to be possible with ServerWMC - considering this is an all linux install with no windows in sight?

mjktg99

Serverwmc requires a fully configured and working wmc setup. It's acts as an interface to wmc for apps to leverage the capabilities of wmc.

shackrock

Serverwmc requires a fully configured and working wmc setup. It's acts as an interface to wmc for apps to leverage the capabilities of wmc.

Gotcha.  So Emby may not be for me unless I want to upgrade to a new HDHR device, thanks for the help.