OpenSUSE

Luke

We can't reproduce this in our beta channel. We're going to have a new stable release up by tonight hopefully so please try that once available. Thanks !

The new version emby-server-rpm_3.5.0.0_x86_64.rpm install and works like a charme. Thank you very much!

Regards,

4ndreas

nobanzai

"Version 3.5.0.0 is now available for download."

Where can I download the new version for openSUSE 42.3?

On the download page for opensuse I only see "zypper install {url}". What url is that?

"Version 3.5.0.0 is now available for download."

Where can I download the new version for openSUSE 42.3?

On the download page for opensuse I only see "zypper install {url}". What url is that?

You either have javascript disabled or your browser is having a problem reaching api.github.com. I would take a look at those two things and then try again. Thanks.

nobanzai

You either have javascript disabled or your browser is having a problem reaching api.github.com. I would take a look at those two things and then try again. Thanks.

Thx!

It was privacy badger, that blocked  acces to github.

tobedeleted

:-(

I just migrated from the original OBS repos to the RPMs as provided from the Emby web page. It was anything but a smooth experience.

The two basic problems:

1. The OBS repos use /var/lib/emby-server, the new packages use /var/lib/emby. During the upgrade, the directory mismatch is neither fixed, nor is the new directory created at all (the only hint is that the postinstall script complains that the directory cannot be chmod'ded).

2. The OBS emby runs as emby.daemon, the new packages run as emby.emby. So lots of permissions simply do not match.

As there is no hint or any upgrade notice, this was very frustrating. In the end, a complete re-setup was the simplest solution for me, losing lot of my carefully tuned library and setup.

I apologize for the disruption. We should have done better to ensure a smoother experience when switching between the legacy package and the newer package.

• 3 months later...
quicktrick

Hello!  Does Emby work on openSUSE Tumbleweed?  I tried v. 3.5.3.0, it never stopped scanning a library.  I tried v. 3.6.0.66 (beta) too, it even did not show the Dashboard items, only the progress ring.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
dinculoiu

A few days a go I reinstall it opensuse leap 15.4 and Emby server as well, but client is unable to connect to the server from local network. 
What can I do? 

In the past I used emby from ubuntu, mint, and no issue. 

thanks!

Edited by dinculoiu

Q-Droid

It could have the firewall enabled by default. If so then your options are to allow the inbound connections to the Emby ports or disable the firewall.